Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
diluted

how the fuck

say the fuckin lindef is pointing one way how would i go about flippin it so it points another way (take note im usin deepsea)?

Guest Fanatic

I'm not familiar with DeepSea, but you should have the ability to click the line that is backwards, right click and select a 'flip' menu option. Look around for that.

If you drew the sector (e.g. planted the verticies, then drew linedefs to connect and make a sector), make sure you draw clockwise. If you went backwards, the right side of the line is facing the wrong way. This is ok if you meant to make a column in the middle of the room without making an additional sector, but for a normal room, this is incorrect construction.

Check the help file that came with DeepSea too, I'm sure your question is answered somewhere in there.

Ctrl+F flips a linedef
Ctrl+S swaps sidedefs
Ctrl+L does both at once (this is the one you probably want)

If you look at the Misc Menu, you can see a list of these commands and the shortcut keys that go with them. You could select the linedef(s) and use the menu, but the keyboard is usually faster.

Press F11 to print the list of all the keyboard shortcuts. Just found a few I forgot to put in there and some typos too.

On a similar note, if you meant to make a 1-sided line, use the Linedef dialog to delete the 2nd side (and fix the textures).

Or if you made a 1-sided and really wanted a 2-sided, select the linedefs and use the LineDef dialog to add a 2nd sidedef (again fix the textures). Or you could press Ins and say 2nd side to automatically add. You will probably need to fix sector assignments if you just "add" a sector.

Look at the help topic "Sector not closed" to see why this is so. Briefly, the easiest way to do that is to click on your new linedefs, select sidedef2, click the sector button and enter the sector number of the sidedef facing your new linedef (if you read the help the prior sentence may start making sense<g>)

The direction of lines drawn - clockwise vs countercw - is just an editor convention to easily get 2-sided vs 1-sided lines.

One NEVER draws just vertices using DeePsea - it's always a "finished" linedef, so please don't be confused by comments talking about vertices. That's just the way some other editors decided to do it:)

Fanatic said:

I'm not familiar with DeepSea, but you should have the ability to click the line that is backwards, right click and select a 'flip' menu option. Look around for that.

If you drew the sector (e.g. planted the verticies, then drew linedefs to connect and make a sector), make sure you draw clockwise. If you went backwards, the right side of the line is facing the wrong way. This is ok if you meant to make a column in the middle of the room without making an additional sector, but for a normal room, this is incorrect construction.

Check the help file that came with DeepSea too, I'm sure your question is answered somewhere in there.

thanx guyz....ive been partially relying on some people to help me out...ive learned more in one week of seriously using deep than when i just fucked round wit it....btw could some one maybe (dont hafto) make me a example map with like example of how to do certain things like windows and etc . id appreciate it alot if u could....if u are intrested email me

The easiest way to see how to make basic objects is to use the prefab tool in DeePsea.

Press F9 and select the Window type. You will see that the key revolves around the floor and ceiling heights, making a "window" in this prefab wall.

There is a slight update coming out where the prefab types are selected via radio buttons, plus a menu wording change from "Objects" to "Prefab", since for some reason most people miss the prefab tools that make Doors, Windows, Lights, etc.