Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Da Snoop

How to make slopes?

I tried to make a slope, but ZDoom does not accept the 181 (or whatever the number is) number of line-special. I'm using the latest version of Zeth (and I'm running under DOS 6.22). Is there any DOS-based editor for ZDoom, which accepts this cool effect?

Da Snoop said:

I tried to make a slope, but ZDoom does not accept the 181 (or whatever the number is) number of line-special. I'm using the latest version of Zeth (and I'm running under DOS 6.22). Is there any DOS-b

I am not familiar with Zeth, but I imagine that the principle is the same in all editors (whether for DOS or for Win). You need to edit the Raw Data for the linedef. 181 is the value for the Line Special. The first of the arguments designates the slope for the floor, the second argument designates it for the ceiling. The arguments can have a value of 0, 1, or 2. A value of 0 means no slope, a value of 1 means a slope pointing in the direction of the front of the linedef, and a value of 2 means a slope pointing in the direction of the back of the linedef.

For temporary access, just key it in (as Rex pointed out) as a special.

For a permanent fix edit COMMONZ.CFG and add 181.

Many other editors also have external files where you can add new stuff.