• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest griffin

HARD Doom2 Coop Lvls

Guest griffin

Hi there,

A friend and me enjoy playing extremely HARD Doom2 wads (preferably MegaWADS - but singles and smaller level sets are cool too). We have played Plutonia, Hell Revealed, Icarus, Doom2 Original, and have just gotten Demonized but are looking for more extremely hard Coop wads similar to Hell Revealed.

If anyone knows of any, please let me know. I know they are out there seeing as how there are like 100000 Custom Wads made, but I just don't really feel like sitting down and trying them all :)

Thanks

Hi there..

If you haven't tried TNT - Evilution for some reason or another, then do that. It's neat.. :D

Other wads I might suggest are HR2, Momento Mori 1/2, Biowar, Cydreams, and.. Oh my god, have you ever played Requiem?? Nahh, you must have.. Seriously, if you haven't played Requiem, you don't know what you're missing!! Go get it! That's at ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/ !!

Yes, it's hard to believe anyone out there still hasn't played the best WAD ever made.. That 32-level DOOM2 megawad is an experience!! Go get it! Go, go, GO!!!

Guest griffin

By HR2, do you mean Hell Revealed 2? If so, I saw the web page for that about a year ago but it said it was cancelled (along with Hell Unleashed - the HR Prequel). Is HR2 a megawad and if so, where do I go about getting it?

Yes, I think I've tried Requiem altho I can't remember it and so I'll try it again. Some of the other ones you mentioned ring a bell too, but if I've played them, it was long ago.

Thank you for the feedback!

Guest Templar

I made a level a while back that was extremely difficult in coop, and required teamwork and tactics. how? well simple just make a 'door' which closes behind the players when they leave the start of the level. Thus they become trapped if they die, and so you each only get one life. Makes coop 100000 times better, instead of this die, respawn, die respawn thing.

Not better, different.. It's a variety of play, and variety is the spice of life.. Yes, 1 life is an interesting form of play. You could also have multiple lives, such as let's say, ooh 4 lives.. You could do this be having each player start in seperate secluded hallways. Each with four W1 teleporter tags. When you cross the teleporter line and teleport, the line becomes null, and hence you'd only have 3 lines left to cross after you respawn, then 2, then 1, and then 0.. Maybe between lifeline 1 and lifeline 0, have another line which lowers your starting room to an adjacent slimey sector, so when you lose your last life, you come back to a slimey death.. Yes, there's so many things you can do!! :D

... I can't help but chuckle from coining that "lifeline" term, there.. ;)

Guest AFTERSHOCK

Finally tracked down the link. You guys should check this site out. It is called the Co-Op Certification Laboratory, and they review how well levels work in co-op mode.

Anyway, the link is:

http://www.wondersmith.com/coop/index.htm

I'd tag it as a link if I knew how...

AFTERSHOCK

Guest griffin
Templar said:

I made a level a while back that was extremely difficult in coop, and required teamwork and tactics. how? well simple just make a 'door' which closes behind the players when they leave the start of the level. Thus they become trapped if they die, and so you each only get one life. Makes coop 100000 times better, instead of this die, respawn, die respawn thing.

Um, me and a bud of mine just played a level like that, maybe it was yours? I can't remember the name but it was part of a megawad (HR2 or Squadron 417 maybe?) Once you go through the door, that's it. If you die and respawn, there are 2 arch viles in the start room and once you kill them you have to wait until your partner finishes (IF he does). I remember there are 3 or 4 pain elementals in the level right to the left when you walk through the door and a secret door comes down with 2 barons on the right side. Does this ring any bells?

Guest Templar

Doesnt sound like mine,
My level was called 1Lcoop.wad.
It was a large complicated level which included every monster and weapon at some place.
I had 3 players on it including me and it took us so long to finally win it with only one life each! :)
Its really cool, I wish I still had it. Maybe I'll make another one.