Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
myk

v. 1.666 nazis

If I'm not mistaken the blue SS guys made another dying sound when doom2 was originally released. Istead of saying something like "Mein Leben!" they said something in english about your inclinations toward motherly women. Am I wrong? Anyway, If it's so and anyone has that early version and is willing to take a sec. to extract the sound, please zip it to me. My adress would be thereabouts <--. Thanks.

I've played Doom2 v1.666 before, and I can say quite certainally that they've always said the same thing during death. I have the Doom2 v1.666 WAD file right here, and the sound is the same.

I don't fully understand what your description of what you thought they said is, though. :-b

You don't understand it? I presume, then, that you are not too familiar with cuss words (yet I must say it's quite current). Believe me or not, I heard it. My brother got the game in 1995, and the sound was there. Maybe id removed it quickly... Doesn't anyone out there recall the sound?

Is there anybody out there?

Guest cocoon

I have the registered version of doom2 v1.666 and I'll look into it.

There are different releases of v1.666 but I have the earliest (where the bars in map02 wasn't removed)
The exe is dated 8-29-94.

I don't believe you are right, but I'll check anyways

Guest cocoon

ok here we are.

The nazi has two sounds: spotting the player where is sounds like: "shoot double"

and the dying one: "mine lieben" or however it is spelled. No heil hitler or scratch myback or anything weird. Pretty boring huh?

Guest AFTERSHOCK

The Nazis say "Mein Leben!" That means: "My life!"

"Mein Leiben!" or more accurately "Mein Leib" would be "My body!"

"Mein Lieben!" or more accurately "Mein Lieb" would be "My love!"

Amazing how much difference an 'i' can make, isn't it?

AFTERSHOCK

(And by the way, the Nazis have always said Mein Leben. I had the pirated version of Doom2 off the net about a week before release, and bought Doom2 the first day in stores.)

cocoon said:

ok here we are.

The nazi has two sounds: spotting the player where is sounds like: "shoot double"

and the dying one: "mine lieben" or however it is spelled. No heil hitler or scratch myback or anything weird. Pretty boring huh?

Yeah. Who knows where my idea came from.

The blue guys say "Shutestaffel" (sp? don't know why thay say what they are though, it'd be like a cyberdemon saying "Cyberdemon!" when he sees you).

Guest AFTERSHOCK

Thanks. I had been trying to figure that one out. It is spelled Shutzstaffel. And it means Protection Squad. It only makes sense that they would say that. It is just like the police saying "Police!" Or "FBI!" or "US Marshall!" The SS Nazis are merely announcing themselves to a suspect, so to speak.

Guest Eugene

Speaking of the blue nazis, does anyone here wanna see them in the coming Doom3?
I have a feeling that the SS has become a very classic character!!!