Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cocoon

Since no one else bothered: Skulltag

Guest cocoon

It sounds like the origonality of this mod, is already above my expectations. Way above, and all I've seen so far is a list of new items... I do think it is weird that they have names for some but no description :) The other way around is more easy to understand...

I think I'll definately be enjoying this once it is ready, if only all the physics feels right. I guess one can shove a whole bunch of features in without taking the feel into account.
So far, everything I've seen has been real good so I can't say I doubt the quality of the final product.

But those screenshots... Who made those maps?? I sure hope you'll have more to show on that front, but maybe you could concentrate more on the engine and the feel of it, rather than maps.

Well thanks :) I've really put a ton of thought into ST, so hopefully everything will turn out really well. BTW, the reason I left some of the descriptions blank, is cause I want there to be some mystery behind what they do. So, until ST comes out, it's up to your imagination :)

Oh, and don't worry. I pay a lot of attention to make sure everything works and just feels right. I've done a lot of tweaking with the physics (especially the item over/on item physics) to make sure the feel of ST is just right.

Hehe, I did those maps :) The first one is of d2dm1 (look familiar, anyone?), and the next two are of d2st1. The main point of the screen shots is to show off the grenade launcher, and how most of the maps will maintain that great Doom/Doom II feel to them. But for all of you guys out there who love huge amounts of detail in your levels, we'll have those kinds of maps too :)

The first ST screenshot is obiously from DoomServ DM1 Level 1 :) I think I was never looking more forward to a DooM MOD than to ST. Can we expect it in this month?

Carnevil said:

Well thanks :) I've really put a ton of thought into ST, so hopefully everything will turn out really well. BTW, the reason I left some of the descriptions blank, is cause I want there to be some mystery behind what they do. So, until ST comes out, it's up to your imagination :)

Oh, and don't worry. I pay a lot of attention to make sure everything works and just feels right. I've done a lot of tweaking with the physics (especially the item over/on item physics) to make sure the feel of ST is just right.

Hehe, I did those maps :) The first one is of d2dm1 (look familiar, anyone?), and the next two are of d2st1. The main point of the screen shots is to show off the grenade launcher, and how most of the maps will maintain that great Doom/Doom II feel to them. But for all of you guys out there who love huge amounts of detail in your levels, we'll have those kinds of maps too :)

Oh, and will there be Bots to play with?

Yep, there will be bots to play with. I'll go more into the whole SP aspect of ST next week.

And hmm... it all depends on how quickly I get this whole client/server thing worked out. I'd say probably sometime next month. Glad you're looking so forward to it :)

I can only say so much here, but I have also been working very hard on Skull Tag. Maybe we'll release some of our ICQ conversations Brad and I have had as we went along - We've discussed, questioned, and tweaked with almost every aspect of the game. From level flow & aesthetics, right down to the placement of individual health bonuses, in some cases. Everything here has been carefully thought out, especially within the DDM level. Even if Brad does tell you what most of the new stuff does before you see it, I think you'll still be pleasantly surprised. This is not simply a source mod.

Oh, and I don't know what he was thinking picking those screenshots... there's much more interesting stuff to look at. Oh well.

Guest Eugene
Carnevil said:

Yep, there will be bots to play with. I'll go more into the whole SP aspect of ST next week.

And hmm... it all depends on how quickly I get this whole client/server thing worked out. I'd say probably sometime next month. Glad you're looking so forward to it :)

I'm looking forward to this mod, as well as Twice Risen!!!!
I hope the bota are abit more better and interactive than the CAJUN BOTS.