Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Swedish Fish

skulltag, what else?

Hi cocoon!, hey all:

I visited the skull tag site. I was greeted by this poll: What do you most anticipate most ... blah blah blah. I didn't anticipate any of them. What I was looking forward to was that skulltag said that it was going to have music from bobby prince. What ever happened to that? That hasn't fell through the cracks has it? :(

Not that this DDM (or whatever it's called) won't be great. I just haven't reviewed what exactly that is. And with all great engine features: doesn't mean shit unless you implement it with success, regularity, and a little thought.

As for Carnevil's comments on detailed levels: I suggest focusing on good playabilty first. Detail can always be added after. And as long as I'm making my requests lay off the symmetric levels - there's enough of those.

anthony

Hey there fish. <sigh> Man, to be honest, it doesn't look like music by Bobby Prince is going to happen at this point :( I know he was working on it at one point (which was a few months ago), but I haven't heard from him since then, despite me e-mailing him a few times :( So... music and sound is really pretty up in the air right now.

Oh, and don't worry. Not only have I implemented a bunch of different things, but I've also implemented them WELL. I put a lot of thought into what I do. After all, not only is it what's done, but how it's done.

Yeah, playability is probably my biggest concern. This is a mod I really want to last and be played a lot (not to mention become the new standard for people to make levels for and use as a source port), so I'm real conscious of making sure that it's fun to play, and that the visual aspects of the project are very pleasing to the eye.

Don't worry, they're not all symmetrical. Level 2 I know isn't, but it's still balanced between both teams.