Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

marc1.wad

This is one of the first, if not the first Doom2 level I've ever downloaded. Go get it at cdrom.com. A trip down memory lane. I think I will... I haven't played it in years.

Guest cocoon

A doom wad called Bilbo11 (which can be found at cdrom.com) was my first pwad experience. I was so suprised when I got it to work on my first try, I was totally blown away. That was the end of the orig. maps and the beginning of a new era ;)

Well, the first pwad I ever downloaded was from a local bbs and it was entitled "warhouse.wad" which meant warehouse but was shortened due to dos filename lengths. Anyways, I couldn't run it because I didn't own doom2, and I couldn't hack doom shareware to run it. I think I did play it eventually, and it turned out to really suck. Oh well. I could never remember the -file parameter either, heh

I think warhouse.wad was used for E3M8 of AOD-DOOM but I don't remember exactly...

One of my first WAD experiences was this really cool level I downloaded from a local BBS as well... I forget what it was called, but I do know that it had ladders in it, and I think you pressed all these switches that lit up this "computer terminal" with points that switched from red to green, in order to open up some teleport gate at the end where you had to fight craploads of monsters than came out. Man, that was a good WAD... wish I could find it again.

Man, if you were here I'd smack you for pimpin that marc1.wad around. That was a waste of my download time even on a cable line. This is now my new low standard for WADs.

Heck, I never said it was a good WAD. I've seen much worse, though.. Yes, this WAD is quite colorful most of the way through. Those SS Nazis give it a nice blue feel..