Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nails

Looking For PSX Music...

Guest Nails

Anyone ever play Doom or Final Doom for the PSX? The music in those games is so creepy and atmospheric...it made playing them a lot more enjoyable. Anyone know where I can find tunes like that to put in my levels?

Guest Epiphany

Hey dude, do the Doom games for the PSX have the music tracks stored as cd audio or are they midi played using the consoles internal synthesizer? If they are cd audio I would love to get them as mp3s...

Doom on!
Epiphany

The music is not midi and not cd-audio...
don't know what it is.
I have sampled the whole stuff, postedited it and the maked mp3z of it, at all 180 MB

Guest c-d-w

You should make the tracks into modules, like .mod, .it, .xm, etcetera, so you can put them into a zdoom wad, than listen to them whilst playing.

Guest Epiphany
KING ELVIS said:

The music is not midi and not cd-audio...
don't know what it is.
I have sampled the whole stuff, postedited it and the maked mp3z of it, at all 180 MB

King Elvis, are you interested in giving those mp3s away to a big fan of all Doom music? You say they are 180mb - im assuming this is when they were in .wav or a similar format.

Regards,
Epiphany

It's no problem to give it away (I'm pleased to do that !)
But how ?
I'have no place to upload, so that you can download :-(
further this could be a job for a week :-)

The filez are currently:
33 tracks / mp3 stereo 128 kbps

Here is what I've done with it:

1. Sampled in 44,1 KHz
2. Cut all "repeats" out of it
3. Anti noize filter
4. Compressed

What you have for every track is now only the sequence per level that repeats continously when you play it.

I've thinked about a special mp3-player that plays every track in loop mode until levels is changed, but I'm not familar with doom-code progging. Maybe Florian "Proff" Schulze will implement mp3 support in the next Pr/glBoom release, cause he told me PSX-DOOM-mp3z-idea looks interesting.

c-d-w said:

You should make the tracks into modules, like .mod, .it, .xm, etcetera, so you can put them into a zdoom wad, than listen to them whilst playing.

I've tried that, but my samples are too large to do it (mod).
Maybe I'm using the wrong prog to do it.
But the only time I had really fun to create any mod filez was on AMIGA !!! What a GREAT time, wish those times come back...but I'm sure they will never, never, never....

Any suggestions are welcome.

Guest Elbryan

I'm currently trying to convert the music via a tv card for both the n64 and psx doom versions. Some tracks actually sound better on the n64 version (like the one with babies crying).