Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Swedish Fish

Where can I find..Great heretic / hexen maps?

Ok, here's the deal: I've got this doomCD going where I collect all sorts of great doom engine add-ons and such. Finding great doom levels is easy. But when I search for great heretic and hexen levels most of them suck. I find this hard to believe since these games came after doom and should have evolved level wise. This is what I have for heretic: supplies.zip, thekeep.zip, avatar.zip, t_dunn03.zip. And for hexen: chuxen.zip.
That's it! :(

Help..!
anthony

Did you try ravengames.com? What about Sailor Scout's maps (doomnation.com/sailorscout)? Though, as you may know, doomnation isn't working presently :(

I am working on a 27-level Partial Conversion for Heretic called The End Complete. It's hosted at raven-games.com but apparently it and two other pages have not been working right since they redesigned a few weeks ago (I mailed them and haven't gotten a response yet). I've come up with a massive new texture set (at least 100 walls and flats each) and the levels are high quality. Probably not the very best out there but some of the better, and moreso than the original maps. You might hate the maze one but oh well, it's staying no matter what. I'm hoping to finish it up within 6-8 weeks.

Guest cobosdan

Hi Lüt !

Just wanted to say hello and tell you that my only fear after seeing that the raven-games.com host is acting weirdly, was that I didn't see your project's page. That really made me worry.

I've been following eagerly your levels' percentage progress month after month, and would hate to stop anticipating = )

Well, the best of luck and I'll go back to my happy waiting ...

Best regards

Daniel

Guest cobosdan

Hi Swedish Fish !

Maybe you know this already, but anyway, try ftp.cdrom.com with a free explorer-like ftp client like WS_FTP32:

pub
idgames
levels
hexen

and there you are

Good luck!

Daniel

Guest cocoon

You better dig up Sverre Knermo's 'deadlock' wad for Hexen.. That is one of the best... I'll help you out if I find anymore real good ones on my HD.

Afterglow said:

Thanks for all your feedback.

RE: Going to CDROM com ... that is what I am trying to avoid. Digging through every wad file to find something half-good.

RE: Gestalt's list: I've downloaded everything on his top list but sadly I think most of that stuff sucks. I've been known to be harsh though.

RE: Deadlock - It's part of my Sverre collection but I think that map sucks if you ask me. It's based around the freebie concept of dying when you fall great distances - and besides that little innovation the layout is nothing special.

RE: The End Complete - At first I'm like WTF? Lut is scolding the DOOM 3057 team for not joining other projects and then he starts his own little megawad. But then I realized that this was for heretic and how many active heretic projects are there? I'm skeptical though...I haven't seen any of your other work and your making pretty bold claims.

anthony

Swedish Fish said:

RE: The End Complete - At first I'm like WTF? Lut is scolding the DOOM 3057 team for not joining other projects and then he starts his own little megawad. But then I realized that this was for heretic

On the contrary... I didn't just start that project. It was about 80% done when I opened the webpage. Because I'm working on Millennium, it's also only 85% done at the moment. No I am not bragging about it being the best stuff ever, I am sure enough mappers could out-do me on those maps. I am making them for normal Heretic, no source ports, so that means they aren't super-detailed. But I do guarantee a step up from the original 3 Heretic episodes in 90% of the scenarios. I am also doing everything myself ('cept the beta testing, I have enough people doing that). This makes running the project 10 times easier. Things will start to shape up once Millennium's out (hopefully this week.) And then you can see 4 of my maps as the 2nd-to-last levels in that game (in other words, the 4 maps before the final level SkyNet.)

[Edited because I can't speak English.]

Guest Epiphany

Hexen would have to be my fave game of all time (even better thaan Doom.) If you haven't already played it I highly recommend you play Hexen: Deathkings, the official level pack. Just like the original hubs they represent pure quality and take a while to play through. Also the version of Heretic with the forth episode, Shadow of the Serpent Riders contains more quality Heretic levels. It's likely you have played them both anyway so I won't ramble. If you haven't they are well worth paying money for. Forget levels and hubs made by amatures, they just don't cut it. Also if you want to get more play out of Hexen, try playing it cooperatively with two friends, each being a different character. I can guarentee nothing come close to being so much fun.

Doom on!
Epiphany

Swedish Fish said:

This is what I have for heretic: supplies.zip, thekeep.zip, avatar.zip, t_dunn03.zip. And for hexen: chuxen.zip.That's it! :( Help..!

Heretic:
- gulag.wad
- axes4.wad
- subriver.wad
- thark2.wad
- recant11.wad

HeXeN:
- abbey.wad
- chuxen.wad
- colin4.wad
- deadlock.wad
- hexthief.wad
- hxcod2.wad
- k_d11.wad
- lychgate.wad
- starship.wad (not on CDRom.com but perhaps the most fun HeXeN WAD ever [a must have!!])
- zenith.wad

hexquake.wad and hexquak2.wad are not really that good but do a top-notch job of showing how much the basic HeXeN engine [DOOM] can do (in comparison to Quake).