Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PUNISHER

A New TC idea

Guest PUNISHER

I think a cool TC would be a Heretic/Hexen kinda thing where you fight all the enemies from Heretic/Hexen/Doom and you have all the Doom weapons and you would go from city like places to castle like places to factories and plants and then there's hell.This just came to mind because those Dark Bishops and Disciples and all the others would be kinda cool in Doom IMO.

Guest PUNISHER

nevermind

Huh? What was that? I think it's a good idea! Battling Heretic/Hexen monsters with DOOM weapons sounds like a great thing to do! There should be new levels though, by all means.. Hmmmm.. Yeah, it could be enjoyable, but I don't know what the base engine would be. DOOM, or Heretic/Hexen.. I would imagine the DOOM engine. Maybe it would be easier to just transplant the DOOM weapons, though. Hmmmm, I'm not sure. :-b

Guest PUNISHER

the reason I said nevermind is because i see some tc that have some Heretic/Hexen baddies in it along with weapons like check out Hell Gates.But the thing is those TC probably won't have what I want.I wish I could code stuff but I can't so that sux.

AndrewB said:

Huh? What was that? I think it's a good idea! Battling Heretic/Hexen monsters with DOOM weapons sounds like a great thing to do! There should be new levels though, by all means.. Hmmmm.. Yeah, it could be enjoyable, but I don't know what the base engine would be. DOOM, or Heretic/Hexen.. I would imagine the DOOM engine. Maybe it would be easier to just transplant the DOOM weapons, though. Hmmmm, I'm not sure. :-b

Actually, with the EDGE engine, it's pretty easy. How did I ever get along without DDF?

I heard "EDGE" earlier! Thank God someone has seen the light!
I use "DOSDOOM" v.0653 (the almost identical predescessor to EDGE) and have implanted several hexen/heretic things in as well as some neat stuff from other games.

I took the player off of heretic and gave him 100 health, used the shotgun guy's mapnumber. And gave him an attack that's almost as powerful as player shotgun. He uses a fireblast staff. On screen (when you get the weapon) it looks like the golden wand from heretic. When you shoot with it it takes about 1/3 sec to charge up and then shoots. The projectile and impact were both taken from "Rise Of the TRiad" (a 1995 release from pre-3d realms apogee trying to best doom). The projectile is the death magic the "death monk" shoots and the impact is the basic missile explosion used in that game (the explosion looks fantastic). When the projectile hits it does 5-50 damage and another 50 damage from radius explosion (ha! not restricted to 128 damage). The projectile travels at a speed of 35 (quite fast). Potential to do up to 100 damage but almost never does. The "Ra-Staff" as I dub it is not better than the shotgun becasue of the blatant charge up time. It uses "cells" for ammunition using 1 per shot.

Another weapon, the "Dark Staff" is another thing I took off of "Rise Of the TRiad". I replicated it's massive penitration abilities by making it shoot five dark energy blasts simultaneously so it looks like one projectile going through multiple enemies. Speed: 35, Damage: 10-100 per blast (x5), Explode: 50 damage (an unfortunate side-effect, it does massive explosion damage if you shoot something up close that abosrbs all five shots, eg. a wall). It uses five cells every time you shoot it. I have KILLED a fresh cacodemon with one shot before. I could not think of anyone to put this attack on so you have to do "Idfa" to get it.

One time I put the "Wizard" guy off of heretic onto dosdoom using cacodemon's mapnumber (is the Disciple it's mirror twin on hexen?). I made it shoot three attacks (the purple magic thingy) at very low accuracy (50% i think) to replicate the effect and for a wild guess, gave him 300 health because I did'nt know how much he had in heretic (in the .exe file). It was a very cool thing but I had added all sorts of weird crap in before so it was un-playable (I would be killed at the begining because everyone was too dangerous, I might escape by the skin of my teeth). My most favorite level to play with this guy was e4m9, which is where I spent the better part of 12 hours playing over a week's period.

PUNISHER said:

the reason I said nevermind is because i see some tc that have some Heretic/Hexen baddies in it along with weapons like check out Hell Gates.But the thing is those TC probably won't have what I want.I wish I could code stuff but I can't so that sux.

You need to get EDGE or DosDoom! badly. Making things in there is almost like PSEUDOCODE (HA! when's the last time you heard that?, code almost as fluid and understandable as speech, a kid could understand it for crying out loud!). I'm talking about the "DDF" feature. You can do lots of neat stuff including adding stuff in and I mean addin stuff in! (yes, you can have 15 weapons all at the same time if you want, yes you can make new monsters without replacing older ones, yes you can add new stuff that wasn't there before). But, since I can't even understand "C" code, I can't hardcode things in there like new attacktypes ("shot" and "projectile" are just two of the familar ones, there is "spawn" and "skullfly" as well as others) or change AI, etc. SO... check it out! because it looks like we are in the same boat.

Hyena said:

Actually, with the EDGE engine, it's pretty easy. How did I ever get along without DDF?

I agree. E-Mail me and I will send you an attachment of my current ddfs from DosDoom v.0653 (almost identical preducessor to edge, actually it's the last dosdoom before first alpha of edge). And the modified wad graphics and sounds that I have accumulated for these ddfs. I would be happy to share with others the great stuff I've done. The thing I really suck at is level editing so there will be no new level stuffs. And tell me when they get EDGE to stop crashing, that's why I hardly use it and still use dosdoom.

Guest PUNISHER

Send it over, I added you to my ICQ list so contact me sometime

I've moved on from dosdoom, the old stuff no longer exists. I use EDGE right now and am currently working on two mod/tcs, mostly weapons based. And both of those are pretty much stuck; one without a plasma rifle (new), a new shotgun, or a better double shotgun (already got a new one but it sucks); The other is at a stubling block with weapons gfx.

While I must admit it was fun to play around with dosdoom, EDGE had more stuff and I just didn't get the same feel there that I did with dosdoom, so I scrapped my throwtogether mod, some of it's gfx still exist but they have been cannibalized.

It's been so long that even my face on here changed - see, i'm gold now instead of green