Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lazer

Underworld BETA release 2 out! (Doom2 v1.9)

Ok, after releasing the first one I figure to much was left unfinished. So after completing level 6 and fixing up weapons, sounds, etc... I have a second beta that needs testing.
Some new things:
-The Pentagram is done, except for the sprite of it on the ground.
-A new texture
-Changed Plasma gun
-Level 6 completed
Last time I got one reply and one person that said he was downloading it. Hopefully I'll get more feedback this time.
Go to the Doom Down Under website to get it. (in my sig)

BTW, what source ports (if any) allow DeHackEd patches. I know ZDoom does...

That's about all I got for my Doom Chronicles WIP last week too.... must be a trend....
but anyways, I'm downloading it now

GooberMan said:

That's about all I got for my Doom Chronicles WIP last week too.... must be a trend....
but anyways, I'm downloading it now

Ok I'll fix it, although I though it is fixed...

The person just downloading was me :-). See what I wrote about your first demo:

Yes, that will become a very good wad.
I played through very fast, and it was not a boring experience - it was an intensive experience. Very good use of elevators and bridges. Also nice dungeons. What are those "click" sounds when passing a bridge caused by? Most I liked level 4 - the large sewer is looking great. But some of the lamps in that level should be dragged into other positions since they are blocking players movements too often. Some of the large areas are too empty like GooberMan said before, but I guess it would be not too hard to fix. Overall I liked it very much. How many levels will your wad finally have?

Update: Forgotten to say that it run very well under Macintosh Doom, also the .deh file, try to keep it compatible with the original Doom exe.

And now I will go downloading the second demo...

.... I don't know what happened! I just couldn't get it to work, so I renamed it UnderwB2 and it should work now.

Peter Heinemann said:

The person just downloading was me :-). See what I wrote about your first demo:

Yes, that will become a very good wad.
I played through very fast, and it was not a boring experience - it was an intensive experience. Very good use of elevators and bridges. Also nice dungeons. What are those "click" sounds when passing a bridge caused by? Most I liked level 4 - the large sewer is looking great. But some of the lamps in that level should be dragged into other positions since they are blocking players movements too often. Some of the large areas are too empty like GooberMan said before, but I guess it would be not too hard to fix. Overall I liked it very much. How many levels will your wad finally have?

Update: Forgotten to say that it run very well under Macintosh Doom, also the .deh file, try to keep it compatible with the original Doom exe.

And now I will go downloading the second demo...

Thanks! I will go back and fix those things. And to answer your questions, I am trying to go for 32 levels and those click noises are the inviso platforms that are worked into the bridges going up and down when ever you trigger them to. You will also here them in other levels with bridges that you can go over and under.

Level Progress as of 3/21/01
1-6 - done
7 - being worked on.
8 - done, but needs some major changes in some places.
9 - being worked on. Very interesting. Includes a bridge that looks like a real bridge. Also has a quadruple bridge in it!