Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MilkMan X

I wanna map

Guest MilkMan X

Hey people. Well I would like to make some cool DOOM2 maps for a change. I've done Quake 3/Half-Life/Unreal Tourny maps. Let's see if I can make a decent DOOm2 map :) But I cant find a working editor to run under windows 98. Any help?

Hey... You want a good editor.. Right? To most experienced wad authors they are going to think I'm absolutely nuts... ONE, this editor isn't made or updated anymore. TWO, this editor's last release has occasional (emphasizing "occasional") crash problems when it came to building the blockmap on large levels, but if what you're looking for is a simple editor just to create the sectors and linedefs for a project you're working on. DoomEd 4.2 is the editor for you. You'd be amazed at how much this editor is overlooked simply because it's not very complicated at all. It has its own internal Nodesbuilder, BSP, etc.. And it while it may not have all the function of some of the "modern-day" editors (Maybe setting height for objects...??) it is one hell of a reliable editor when you really need it. And overly simple.

Please.... For all who read it, go to my website to see how my latest project is going ("Lifetime in Limbo")

http://www.angelfire.com/games/astewart/d-day.html

use wad-author , it rocks. plus its being updated to...... and has support for zdoom , skulltag and a ton of other stuff

boris said:

http://www.doomworld.com/files/editors.shtml

DMapEdit or Deepsea. They both have "draw methods" which cuts building time in half or even more.

Use WadAuthor. It's very easy to use, works fairly well, and you can see textures before you place them on a linedef.

If you can edit levels for half-life, than doom editors will be a breeze for you, by all means.