Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pbldcttr

The End Complete

i was just wondering what happened to the project, "The End Complete" for Heretic. The last update that I read, they said that they were looking for some beta tester. I was just wondering what happened to that project. Was it released? Are there any files that can be rescued?....

Pablo D.
http://pablod.8m.com

Hi, me again.

(Hope you haven't forgotten me by now.)

You know those WADs I said I'd let you try out in a month or so? That's them ;)

cool.
hey, why did you guys (if there was a team) took out the page?
anyway, from what I saw of the screenshots and from what I remember of them, i think those are great maps.
i don't remember right, but there was one like a city in ruins or something?

I didn't take the page anywhere.

Raven-Games had that redesign a long time ago, and they were in the process of porting over the hosted sites, and some of them didn't work right (no access, permission denied, etc.) and mine was one of those. I was kinda lazy at the time and eventually lost contact with the runners of the site and when they hadn't heard from me they terminated the site.

I didn't have many updates anyways.

I decided maintaining the page with news updates would be kinda silly considering how much I was getting done so I just scrapped it and will put the page back up when I finish the WAD. I can hardly find time to work on the WAD let alone maintain a page for it. Not that it's very hard to maintain an already-designed page, but I don't like leaving non-updated sites all over the place.

the same thing happened to me. I had a site on newdoom, and some dude made me this awesome wep-page. After a few e-mails, he was gone (his e-mail adress wasn't working). Since I didn't have any files of that site, I had to delete it. Now, is better for me to have my own (the desing sucks, but is o.k for me).

Anyway, I was just wondering what happened to that project, and the good thing is that is not gone. If you want, I can make some maps for it, but i have some other crap to do. i'm working at graphic state limited on that doom-like GBA game....
...i won't even start working on my heretic project because of that. (that sucks)
well, i'll be waiting for The End Complete. (is a 3 episode megawad, right?)

What's this GBA game you're talking about? Sounds familiar.

It's 3 episodes at the moment - I was thinking of possibly doing a 4th episode of Deathmatch levels but I can hardly come up with ideas for the last two levels of E3 so until I complete those (which will then mean everything is near-finished) I'm not starting any new episodes.

You know, the one that was anounced in here, doomworld a few days ago. I think that dude posted something on the forum/levels section.
is kind of hard to make maps, they don't give you the textures in a wad file...i can't say anything more, I signed a confidential kind of thing...

...anyway, i'm looking forward to "The End Complete".
If you want ideas for any other episode, only if you want to make one, e-mail me, and I might come up w/ something...only if you want.

Ya same here. You could go to their website www.graphic-state.com for the info that has been released to the public.

cool dude!
do you think they are going to pay us in pounds?
since they are from UK.....

Pablo.. How did you get ahold of Richard? I told him I'd be more than happy to help, but he never replied to me.. I'd love to see my levels in a commercial video game as well. Is it ABSOLUTELY required that you learn how to use DeepSea to make levels for them?

no. i use wadauthor. I can't use deepsea. is too weird for me. (sorry sbsoftware).
Send him some of you're best maps. That's what I did. then he sent me a confidiciality agreement. I had to send that back to him by fax. 6 bucks, dude!
before sending you that, he is going to say if you're maps are good enough or bad enough. well, i was lucky.
If you already had done that, then I'll try to talk to him.
somethimes he's busy and somethimes he's not doing anything (i supose). anyway dude, try that first and then tell me what happened.

Astewart41 said:

Is it ABSOLUTELY required that you learn how to use DeepSea to make levels for them?

There's no way it can be. No matter how the program works, the output map will always be the same and will always be something you can do with any other editor. Does it really matter if me, my neighbor or the shop down the street put together the same computer? It's still the same computer and will funtion the exact same no matter who or what made it. Now apply that to maps.

I agree w/ lüt. But from my point of view, some editors are more complicateed to use than others. Like for me, I use Wadauthor. I tried to use another level editor (let's called it XXX), and when I tried to make a map w/ XXX, I didn't know what to do. Some people migh use XXX and find it easy, maybe more cooler than Wadauthor.
right?

Guest Archvile46

I was supposed to be a beta-tester for that...I think. But I kinda lost it. Hell, I don't even know where Heretic is anymore.