• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KING ELVIS

So what Port do you prefer ?

Hi Guys !

So what Port do you prefer ?
I prefer glBoom, because it's sooooooo pure !
...and at the moment the best for me.
I was soooooo sad as I heard that Bruce Lewis's Projekt has been canceled, but glBoom is a new beginning.....

Has anyone out there tested my frontend ?

I wonder that the response about that was sooooo small !

What happens ?

Should I put it in 70's style, that you guys like it more ?

Psychedelic, psychedelic....

Hail to the King, baby !

Elviz

Well at the moment I believe they all suck...though smmu aint bad, the GL ones look ugle, the legacy shit is always half finished...so which is the best?
SMMU

oh and Andrewb, doom2.exe isn't a port you silly little man
bye now!

I think MBF's better than SMMU, actually. SMMU is supposedly based on MBF and supposedly superior, but I find that so many of MBF's features are not in SMMU, and SMMU has a whole bunch of features that completely alter Doom's gameplay, whereas MBF plays exactly the same as Doom2.

Therefore, my favourite all-around port is MBF. I also like Zdoom but only for maps designed specifically for it (Scripting, etc.)

MBF Rulz! It´s bug free and it´s free.
A shame people don´t realize how much potential it have. There are only a few (if not none) MBF only WADs, except, maybe, for Artica4. The new codepointers are very cool, and animated skies really rocks. Hires is nice, but 640x480 is enough for DOOM, i prefer hicolor than high resolutions (like 1024x768 +).
All in all, , MBF is an all around excellent port, exactly what DOOM always should be.

Well, personally I prefer the Millennium engine because it offers all the good features and great performance of MBF coupled with new environmental effects, Z-Clipping, MLook, 10 new monsters, 30 new objects and decorations and 6 new weapons and ammo types for maximum creative potential. But that's just my opinion :)

Guest David A

I can't use any other port than ZDoom, just because of all the small nice stuff. Like, for instance, setting all the high resolutions to the proper darkness. I had never even noticed that they were weird before, but now I can't look at another port in hi-res without immediately seeing the washed-out colors.

Hyena said:

I think MBF's better than SMMU, actually. SMMU is supposedly based on MBF and supposedly superior, but I find that so many of MBF's features are not in SMMU, and SMMU has a whole bunch of features that completely alter Doom's gameplay, whereas MBF plays exactly the same as Doom2.

Therefore, my favourite all-around port is MBF. I also like Zdoom but only for maps designed specifically for it (Scripting, etc.)

Well, SMMU is still being worked on a lot. And btw gavin, though doom2.exe may not be a port, the forum title says 'exe' so I think it can be counted as a way to play the game. Personally I prefer Zdoom for scripting and all, and mbf for the wide amount of unique features. Legacy is great for multiplayer and smmu is cool too. And of course, when the desire to play doom like when I first did, I go for the original.

Lüt said:

Well, personally I prefer the Millennium engine because it offers all the good features and great performance of MBF coupled with new environmental effects, Z-Clipping, MLook, 10 new monsters, 30 new objects and decorations and 6 new weapons and ammo types for maximum creative potential. But that's just my opinion :)

Shit... that sounds good.

Hyena said:

Like, what MBF features are not in SMMU?

AndrewB said:

Why?

I like EDGE and DOSDOOM
SMMU Pissed me off allthough it was cool cause I couldnt get sound to work (son of a !)
Legacy is cool too but It seems like they gave up on software completly the latest ive seen in like 8 beta releases was the splats effects thats all no better looking no FOV zoom no freakin' dynamic lighting anyway im not going port bashing cause' I still like legacy but why dont they do SOME software work

SMMU is my faforite port.
The Zoom-function looks great and should be available by a keystroke (activating it by the console is to slow).
Sadly, in version 3.21 I get errors "Segmentation Violation" every time I try to save the game. But a god Space-Marine should not feel the need to save his life?
However, Simon Howard will handle it, I am sure he will - with the release (when?).

Guest spacedog
Duker900 said:

I like EDGE and DOSDOOM
SMMU Pissed me off allthough it was cool cause I couldnt get sound to work (son of a !)
Legacy is cool too but It seems like they gave up on software completly the latest ive seen in like 8 beta releases was the splats effects thats all no better looking no FOV zoom no freakin' dynamic lighting anyway im not going port bashing cause' I still like legacy but why dont they do SOME software work

MBF is fantastic, especially the calssic BFG, and i get all sad whenever one of the dogs sacrafices it's life to save little old me. But there is no jump or look up/down and after playing zdoom it's rather restrictive not being able to look about properly.
Zdoom also has a zoom (it's a console one though) and the chasecam is nice for a change. also the multiplayer setup on Zdoom is a piece of piss

Guest IcarusWing

Soooooo only has one 'o' in it, King.

Guest Sethsez

I like JDoom. The graphics are great, it's fast, it runs all the WADS I have, and it works better than ZDoomGL. Yeah, I know graphics aren't everything, but why give them up if you don't have to?

I WILL CONTINUE ON FunkyMonk's FORUM !

http://www.doomshack.com/funkymonk/forums/forums.html

Guest EdgeJ

At this point i like zdoom and zdoomgl, but im trying to find a polygon version of doom that would be nice. King ive tried your frontend, it works well but boom sucks. on both ill walk out a certain distance and everything but the sky dissapears.

Guest zyvgjc

Currently, my favorite source port is ZDOOM because of its feature-rich and powerful scripting language. Things that were impossible to create using the old DooM engine are now a reality. The scripting is second to none, but EDGE looks pretty good as well.

Guest Deathman

I like the mbf source port. It has all of the awesome boom features, it is original, (no extra stuff like looking and jumping) high resolution, and best of all, the dogs! Especally when I use dehacked and turn them into chaingun guys and they gun down the enemies for me!