Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
masterhassan

legacy problem

the first time i ran legacy gl 1.30 in 1024 by 768 it looked great but ran incredibly slow adn i can run quake 3 good adn i only have 32 megs of ram, any way i ran it again adn now it runs great but transparency doesnt work, in any resolution, any help¿

Does any of the legacy's ver 1.3 support software rendering mode because I do not have a 3Dfx chipset or any openGL support of any kind.
(what im asking is if the non-GL legacy has a v1.3?)

masterhassan said:

the first time i ran legacy gl 1.30 in 1024 by 768 it looked great but ran incredibly slowtransparency doesnt work, in any resolution, any help¿

Make sure you have opengl32.dll minigl/opengl driver (depending on what you use) in the correct DIR for legacy.

Erm, what transparency? linedef transparency or sprite trans.?

i have opengl32.dlll in there, but anything that emitts light, like a torch or lamp or sumpthin its all solid looking, adn rocket smoke is all black instead or clear ish like in software mode

Guest metzgermeister
sirgalahadwizar said:

Does any of the legacy's ver 1.3 support software rendering mode because I do not have a 3Dfx chipset or any openGL support of any kind.
(what im asking is if the non-GL legacy has a v1.3?)

Of course, just doubleclick on legacy.exe (not gllegacy.exe, this is the old version) and it will start by default in SW rendering ... but you can choose the renderer in the launcher as well :)

Rob