Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest qatmix

Dreamcast Doom

Guest qatmix

Now Quake has been ported, Does anyone here know of a port of Doom to the Dreamcast?

Imagine it running on a 33" TV.

Is it feasible? GL doom maybe?

Thanks
Qat

You can already rum Doom on a "Head-Mounted Display"=HMD which gives you the feeling of playing the game from the first seat in cinema.

"Cybermaxx" !!!, "VFX-1" or "Virtual iglasses"

Iv'e been dweeling on that subjuct my self. I have q3a for dreamcast, but tvs suck ass, I need to by a broadband adapture and a vga adapture. But q3a had awesome graphics. If doom was ported to dreamcast it would deffently not be the pc version, because doom64 of course, unless it was released as a classic game. The graphics would probley resimble stuff you seen in the gl version of legacy. And there would be no multi-player, they would have to make an all new engine for it (so you would not be having like 1000, 2000 pings.

But I have been wanting to send an e-mail to Id or sega asking them to release a series of classic games for the sega dreamcast console. Wolfenstein 3d, including The Spear of destany (Yeah I know, not a shot in hell.) Then doom including ultimate doom, doom 2, and final doom, including 4 player internet play, link cable, or split screen (asking all that is like throwing a snowball in hell and accully expect it to last 20 minutes.) Then release hexen with that little addon that was made, 4 player internet play, link cable, or split screen, with an gl type graphics setting making it look kick ass and have free look for the adapter or mouse (watch that fucing thing melt.)

But I'm glad to see theres some other people ot there that want doom to come out for dreamcast. Yeah even mabye quake 1 and quake 2, that would rule.

Guest deathtok

To be honest with you for about a week I've been thinking of trying to port Doom to the Dreamcast. Actually I will do it but I need some information for anyone who can provide it. I'll need the DOS or Win32 source code as well as information on what compiler to use for the DC. If you have this information mail me at deathtok@mediaone.net and I'll start working on a port =)

Guest deathtok

Nope I'm just a 17 year old dude who loves to program and would be interested in porting some stuff, particularly doom, wolfenstein 3d, and duke nukem 3d