Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doom4Ever

a different point of veiw

Guest Doom4Ever

ok so first i would like to say that i stand by mouse look and use it allways. now, i had this idea while looking at the doom guy in quake3 and some other doom material i own. if you look carefully the marine helmet is attatched to the rest of the armour and thus limiting movement of the head. that is why the doom guy couldnt look around before player made source ports (not really). however the marine wearing the helmet wouldn't just shoot strait all the time, he would point his gun around. so i challenge all you doom programmers out there to make a thing where you have a crossheir and use it to aim, however you cant move the screen from its original looking strait forward mode.

Guest Doom4Ever

no you see you use the mouselook to aim the crossheir but you can only aim at things on your screen and cant look up or down.

Guest c-d-w

I see.

BUT.. how would you turn left and right with the mouse? Wouldn't this just move the crosshair left and right as well, or does the crosshair just move up and down and never along the x axis?

This idea would be really neat with a 3d game because the gun could then point to where the crosshair is..

Guest kristus
NiGHTMARE said:

Oh, you mean kind of like those arcade games with light guns?

He mean s like in Raven's CyClones (was made at the same time as Heretic) You will use the mouse to aim and the weapon will point towards the crosshair. Although you can look up and down in CyClones, and since the weapons in Doom is static to face straight forward this would probably look most funny.

Don't mess with the gameplay-