Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hyena

Doom 3 story

I noticed in Linguica's idea thread some people made an attempt at a plot for the new doom game, and I thought I'd do the same, but actually take some time with it instead of post a quick comment in a thread.

I posted my story at http://www.hyena.ca.tc/doomnew.html

Comments?

Cacodemons!!!! Heh, that's kinda cool :).

I was thinking of a story along the lines of Doom2:Hell on Earth but with a twist....

Instead of the Demons comming to us in a typical invasion scenario, how about an attempt by the forces of hell to bring the entire earth to them!

Consider this: A gigantic gate appears in Earth's orbital path.
This gate is maintained by strange satellites with some kind of shielding that is impenatrable by any weapon that Earth's military has. If the gate cannot be destroyed in 666 hours the planet Earth will be sucked into the realm of hell, and all will be lost.

The mission of the game will be to send forces through the gate, into hell itself and take down the satellite's shield generator from the inside.

Note: this setup will make it possible to actually LOSE the game
if you fail to shut the satellite shield generator down before the time limit expires!

Sound dumb? Maybe, but I just pulled that idea out of my ass :)

Actually, your idea sounded pretty good except for the 666 hours thing.

Thanks for being the only person to actually take a bit of interest in my story.

*goes back to the corner where he'll be ignored for another four years or so*

Heh, well it doesn't have to be 666 hours really. The time limit thing isn't all that important. I just wanted to set up a story where most of the game could be spent in hell where weird and spooky maps would dominate rather than the same old base/tech or gothic backdrops. I'd like to see the new Doom game be a little different than current fps. I'd also like to see id exploit Doom's occult theme for all it's worth. Ya know, make the game really evil....

So, how about continuing with your story. I wanna know how the hero is gonna deal with that baron :)

Guest emc

I actually have a Doom story kicking around. It stars me and a couple of buddies... well, our cyberpunk alter-egos. The original was something I wrote for a high school english class. Teacher loved it, had all those little psychological touches. I'm rewriting it now, with the characters more fully developed.
It's at www.angelfire.com/ma2/Saborlas/doom.html

Let me know what you think

Continue by all means. It was a fun read :)

Guest BA Barrackas

I always thought it was be cool if in any new Doom game, some of it was set on Earth, and in realistic locations (all of which are pretty much destroyed and burnt out, with the demons all roaming around in the ruins), like half collapsed sky scrapers, streets which have erupted in the middle to open big holes into lava pits, with monsters coming out of them and that sorta stuff.
I been thinking about this for too long :). Oh and another thing, they should definately put in a really good RailGun, using a model similar to the RPG launcher off Half-Life, except all black. The rail trail should have really good lighting effects, like in the film Eraser.

And mosnsters should be able to be shot apart, like shooting bits off the SpiderDemon's brain with the RailGun, or even better,jumping up and chainsawing it to death :)

Also, I thought my friends and I were the only ones who wrote DooM stories for english assingments in school, hehe :)

emc said:

I actually have a Doom story kicking around. It stars me and a couple of buddies... well, our cyberpunk alter-egos. The original was something I wrote for a high school english class. Teacher loved it, had all those little psychological touches. I'm rewriting it now, with the characters more fully developed.
It's at www.angelfire.com/ma2/Saborlas/doom.html

Let me know what you think

Hmm. Some parts were very well written, but it could use better dialogue and plot.
<br>I kind of found the fact that you invented the plasma rifle and that you keep naming all the creatures you see a bit on the cheesy side.
<br>I'm not saying it's bad, though. Just something to consider.

stphrz said:

I wanna know how the hero is gonna deal with that baron :)

Actually, I thought I'd leave it open-ended. The game would open where this story ends.
<br>Ambient sounds of troops killing and being killed as you try to make your way out of the doomed base. Maybe there's a concealed weapon in the observation deck that allows you to kill the baron. Maybe the level ends when you enter the hangar full of hundreds of broken-down ships and recapture one that's been taken by the monsters, its pilot lying limp in front of them.
<p>I'd leave it up to the game designers to decide how the marine gets out of the forcefield, kills off the invading cacos, and ultimately discovers why the demons have such an interest in humanity as a target.

Hyena said:

Hmm. Some parts were very well written, but it could use better dialogue and plot.
<br>I kind of found the fact that you invented the plasma rifle and that you keep naming all the creatures you see a bit on the cheesy side.
<br>I'm not saying it's bad, though. Just something to consider.

Hahaha. Whoops.

I'm used to the doomworld comment threads where you need HTML tags to put a space between your sentences.

The cacodemons were a real surprise! Very cool - although slightly corny - an army of cacodemons floating through space - reminds me of a spoof on Startrek or something.