Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bonch

Exactly

Guest bonch

I was thinking the same thing. There may be conflicts between us old-schoolers who've stuck with Doom and never left, and all the Quake people who switch from game to game, changing with the new product. Because we've been with the game and never left it, we feel like it's "ours", and all these "young upstarts" are gonna start invading. :) A lot of new gamers don't even know about the Doom scene we've had going all this time, and even newer ones have never even played the original Doom. We're going to have to deal with those people. Seriously, this little community/scene/whatever that we have going here is probably either going to have to adapt or die off. My US$0.02

Guest bonch

Sorry, this was supposed to be a reply in the "Doom 3 Could Spell Bad News" thread. Stupidly clicked the wrong link.

Guest Eugene

YES!!!! Whoever wrote the first post has the exact same viewpoint as I do. It is very comforting to know that I am not alone. I am a gamer of an older generation. I grew up from an 8 yearold kid into a 16 yearold guy by sitting infront of a 486 computer and playing games such as: Wolf3d, DOOM, Rise of the Triad, and Duke3D. To me these games are as important as an electric gitar is to a rockstar.
I have a lot of strong dislike about the new generation of games. The only thing good about them is the graphics. The storyline sucks. The music sucks!!! Look at Q3A, the graphics are great, but what about the single-player levels? What about adrenaline-pumping soundtracks? What about originality? What the hell is the background story?????? I tell ya, that game is ultra f***ed up. ALL OF U QUAKERS READING THIS CAN JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND SUCK MY ________.
Don't get me wrong, but the only good game in the Quake series was Q2.
If you ask me, I personally think that id software wasted their time 4 nothing while developing the Quake legacy. They would have made thousands of thousands of thousands more dollars if they moved from Doom2 straight to Doom3 in the same tecno/hell style.
QUAKE WAS A BIG MISTAKE!!!!! A VERY GRAVE MISTAKE!!!
DOOM 4 LIFE!!!!! I WOULD DIE IF ID MAKES ANOTHER QUAKE GAME INSTEAD OF A DOOM GAME.

I agree with Quake2 being the best of the series. Do you guys know why? Because it's the closest to being Doomish. It would have been great if the enemies werent so gay and the levels didnt all look the same

Guest Sethsez

I actually prefered the original Quake, because I loved its atmosphere. However, the entire Quake series still sucks, but I fear that Doom 3 will just be another Quake game with some Cacodemons. After all, how can Doom be made without Romero? BTW, play Daikatana. It is one of the few decent shooters from the past couple of years. Shows who the real Doom mastermind was, huh?