Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Weapon movement

I just had a thought - thanks to the swing chainsaw post. But it raises immediate problems.

Separate movement for the weapon. you could aim your weapon all around independenly of the mouse look - although implementing this and keeping the gameplay simple will be tough. I guess the chainsaw would have to swing automatically or be randomly generated some how.

Guest ShadowcasT

Thats can be fix with a special key.While pressing that key (for instacne the second mouse button),the mouse will become a tool for the chainsaw or sword (for me) movement.That could be use even for ranger weapons as a second fire mode.

I originally made the chainsaw idea

Remember how quirky the chainsaw was in the original Doom's? You lean it forward and it hurts the enemy like a chaingun.

The best way to handle it would be the chainsaw movements are random. hold the button, and your standard Doom marine starts hacking with the chainsaw. What would be even cooler is if you get a hit, you hold the button and the chainsaw slowly cuts whatever it caught onto whwile the enemy screams in pain. If an imp or something comes by on your back, you let go of the fire button, you pull the chainsaw back, and the enemy you cut at the neck still has the cut there, and his head is about to fall of. Or maybe you got him in the leg and the guy walks half limp. Now that would be fun. Imagine deathmatch:)