Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BEnT2440

Scary!

Guest BEnT2440

You people are forgetting that Doom is supposed to be scary! Freaky scripted scenes of Marines being killed horribly and stuff like that would be awesome! Also, it would be cool if you could have Marines that are still alive and could help you, like in Half-Life. And finally, Doom shouldn't have music that you want to bop your head to, it should have music that makes you want to crawl into a hole and hide from the demons outside. I feel that Trent could do that, but he should make music this time, not ambient stuff like in Quake.

Guest Quad

I Agree! :)

Quad said:

You know, it is possible to have the combo of head bopping music to scary music. Look at Half-Life. The situations are totally from walking in dank abandoned sewers, to reaching the top of the reasearch building, to the planet Xen. If Doom can mix military bases with hellish freaky levels, thhen the music can be mixed as well.

One point I need to make is what was it that scared you in Doom? Itt was the enemies right? The levels never spooked me out or anything. With a revolutionary engine, now's the chance to make some really twisted and eerie levels that'll really raise your pulse! Right?

Guest Dallen83
Quad said:

Yes i sorta agree with that but, I wouldnt want music in the game so boring that i just want to turn it off altogether.
and as for having alive marines help you...I dont want to be playing half-life over again, they arent much help anyway...this same idea could be incorrporated into a radio the marine is carrying around with him.or just have some dying marine on the ground who has some knowledge in him, then dies when hes done talking. making a game scary could just be having lots of darkness with good ambient noises, and having some monsters pop out at u at 1 point in time..sure this could get boring but hey, how many 3d 1st person shooters do u have that u dont know the monster layout in each level?

To Dallen83

You really just convinced me that you never played Half-Life, considering the fact that the marines (Grunts) in Half-Life are AGAINST you. Of course they're no help:)

The guys that helped you were those queer security officers named barney that only had a pistol.

I think the game would be quite fun if AT FIRST (not through the entire game), there were marines to back you up and help you out. Then as you gte further into the game less and less marines are around until suddenly they're all zombies or dead. Obviously they need to be ore useful in Half-Life, but i think if done well could enhance the story. And yes, I think a good story is very important. It gets you "into" the game, makes you have a reason for being where you are, not "shoot kill shoot kill shoot kill", but "I now have a reason to shoot and kill, and tthat is to..." Games are much more fun when you have objectives;)

Guest abcdoom
Tawney said:

You know, it is possible to have the combo of head bopping music to scary music. Look at Half-Life. The situations are totally from walking in dank abandoned sewers, to reaching the top of the reasearch building, to the planet Xen. If Doom can mix military bases with hellish freaky levels, thhen the music can be mixed as well.

One point I need to make is what was it that scared you in Doom? Itt was the enemies right? The levels never spooked me out or anything. With a revolutionary engine, now's the chance to make some really twisted and eerie levels that'll really raise your pulse! Right?

I love the old days of making maps. I think they made a good choice making another Doom game. (I love the chainsaw)

Guest mr maker

I agree with the part about the scripted events, but other marines helping you, that won't work. one of the things that made doom great was that is was one man against an army of millions. sure, it is extemely unrealistic, but isn't that what makes video games fun?