Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheRequiem

Sonic Mayhem

I agree, I hope they use Sonic Mayhem... They do some freaky good guitar riffs not to mention the excellent quality of Quake III's music.

Guest mr maker

Yes, I think they definitely use sonic mayhem again. I've neverheard the Q3A soundtrack but Q2 soundtrack kicked some pretty fair ass, even if the game didn't. They definitely need to have metal tracks of some sort, or at least something besides what they had in Doom2. I'm sorry, but the soundtrack for the game licked balls. And you know what they say, third time's a charm.

Guest Zephyr

Let's not go overboard with the metal music.

I agree, Sonic Mayhem did a good job with the music in Q2; but as another post stated, that type of music generally doesn't belong in DOOM. You can't have your cake and eat it, too (to all the anal retentives, yes, it's supposed to be "You can't eat your cake and have it, too.").

If you want a scary atmosphere, you can't also have metal music playing in the background unless you want to risk losing the element of surprise. For me, listening to metal music while playing FPS's gets my blood boiling. I end up running around the level, blasting away anything that moves. There's no suspense in that. Take E1M9 for example. It was a secret level--a temporary break from the scare-the-shit-out-of-you type of mood. It's a fast-paced level where you aren't creeping around corners, but, instead, are running around trying to survive the masses of monsters that are thrown at you. Fast-paced music for a fast-paced level.

I wouldn't mind if Sonic Mayhem did a couple tracks for out-of-the-ordinary Doom 3 levels. In fact, I encourage them to do so. Just don't overdo it like ya did in Q2.

Yeah, the soundtrack for Doom 2 wasn't that great, and as a result, it wasn't as scary (IMO). I just hope Doom 3 stays true to the formula that worked so great in Doom.

Take it easy on me, ok guys? I'm new here. =Þ