Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DarKrow

Please stop whining.

Guest DarKrow

Let's face it people. id is making Doom 3. They will not cancel Doom 3. Everybody who does not want a Doom 3 has lost. Stop whining. I am not saying that we should embrace the game with open arms like me. But If you honestly think that Doom 3 is gonna ruin the series... deal with it. There is no way back now. Please stop whining.

What we should do at this stage is toss around ideas. I support the integrated story type of gameplay. The Doom Bible had integrated story game play but since that got thrown out, we ended up with the semi-plotless game of Doom. A story would give Doom an atmosphere that would take it to the next level.

Please. Just stop whining. If this post keeps ONE person from bitching about Doom 3, I will have accomplished my goal.

no one would be bitching if their was no doom or doom 2
before it. they would be like "wow, going to hell? moon bases? this kicks ass!" one of the main reasons though, is i want to
hear what the new doom music sounds like, wether it be done by
bobby prince, trent reznor, or jeehun hwang. but bobby prince has
shown us all his stuff sets the mood and goes well with doom.
it just sucks few ppl get to here how good it really was because
of poor midi cards, even awe 64 wont do it right, you will need
a good sound font.

I agree. I have already posted this once, but since some keeps whining anyway, perhaps this can make them think twice:

"What you perhaps not understand is that Doom has as good possibilities as any game. The problem is, however, that some people house unrealistic expectations on it. As I said in another thread, Doom 3 is most probably going to be a good game, but perhaps not in the way we expect. That is the key point in this discussion. Who can say "Doom 3 is going to suck" before it is even in beta-testing phase? I am convinced that id will prioritize making a good game, and not put resemblance to doom in the first room. id might as well have made an entirely new game, but they chose to name it Doom 3 to gain initial popularity. And by the way, who says that Doom 3 has to be made by the initial staff? id has a game-making staff of world-class, no doubt about that. I don't say that they are the best, but they are good and well acknowlegded in the industry. So why is it not possible that Doom 3 is going to be a good game? It perhaps doesn't have the exact feeling of the previous Doom games, but the most important thing is that it is a good game, that it resembles Doom is only secondary. It isn't going to be a 100% Doom game, because that that was acceptable many years ago isn't any more. id must be given room to evolve Doom, and all those stupid expectations that it is going to be an all out Doom game are only futile."

No, I didn't bother to write a new post and I just pasted this in, but the point remains the same... I hope that this'll help you in your task, DarKrow.

Guest bonch
Castlevania said:

no one would be bitching if their was no doom or doom 2
before it. they would be like "wow, going to hell? moon bases? this kicks ass!" one of the main reasons though, is i want to
hear what the new doom music sounds like, wether it be done by
bobby prince, trent reznor, or jeehun hwang. but bobby prince has
shown us all his stuff sets the mood and goes well with doom.
it just sucks few ppl get to here how good it really was because
of poor midi cards, even awe 64 wont do it right, you will need
a good sound font.

Or you could go to the Doom music section here on Doomworld and download the MP3's of Doom's music being played through a Roland synth card. It will be the sweetest thing you've ever heard.

Guest bonch

Not sure what's wrong with your mp3 player...I'm listening to map01's mp3 right now, and it's in beautiful stereo sound. As are all the others.