Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Judas

Surrounded by idiots

Guest Judas

There are so many idiots in these forums asking for Nuclear guns, Devil bosses, lots of blood and M. Manson Music...

What is wrong with you?
Some people have made decent suggestions such as how important it is to retain the Doom atmospherea and to avoid maze levels and annoying enemies. Read suggestions like Drazen0's if you are among the many who lack originality and taste.

The people who want to get rid of the Demon, because he is pink and cartoony? Treachery! you must be joking... okay he shouldnt look the same, but he is a classic (especially his brilliant 'roaming' sound). With the inevitable Quake 3 engine I am worried that Doom3 will be too different rather than too the same as Doom 1/2.

Come on people, if in the unlikely event that anyone from ID will read these forums, lets give them good ideas rather than false, quickly formulated cliches that suggest Doom is just like any other game, rather than the classic it actually is.

Im all for the pink demon as he was one of the scariest monsters ever. Also i agree with the lack of originalty but atleast they're trying. Although you have to wade through millions of similar posts to find one original idea.

Also liked the reference to trechery, Judas :)

Guest Kracov

oh come on... scared of a hairless walking bulldog? or a shaved looney tunes "big hairy monster". you guys need to get over the originality of the doom demons and change a little.fuck the demon and the revenant

I'm not one to issue ultimatums, but if pinky goes, so do I.

Guest c-d-w
Kracov said:

oh come on... scared of a hairless walking bulldog? or a shaved looney tunes "big hairy monster". you guys need to get over the originality of the doom demons and change a little.fuck the demon and the revenant

You mean to tell me, when you played e1m3 for the first time, and you blew away the zombie and imp outside that first door, then a swarm of zombies came into the tiny room, you blow them away, then all of a sudden this *huge pink bastard* runs in, you fire at it with your almighty shotgun.. it DOESN'T go down, you back into a corner, fire again... still nothing, by this time it's chewing on you, taking about 40 health, you blast it a third time, and it goes down FINALLY with a very satisfying snort-thud... then you think WTF was THAT???!! ---- and that didn't scare you?? Then my friend, you are not a hard-core Doom Veteran, and you missed out on one of the classic Doom experiences... I feel sorry for you, Kracov : )

Guest Sethsez

I agree, the demon should stay. However, it should be changed a *little* bit. Not make it cybernetic or anything, just make it a little less cartoony. I don't want to play the new Doom for nostalgia, I want to be scared again. Oh, and as for the revenant, I personnally hate that thing unless it is used well. While a good monster, it is very hard to implement without getting annoying.

Guest Grunt

WHAT!!! who wanted to get rid of the pink demon i love that pink bastard! he owns! shame on the people that want him out! and M. Manson Music wtf! i don't want to here that when im playing doom!

Guest finnw
Sethsez said:

I agree, the demon should stay. However, it should be changed a *little* bit. Not make it cybernetic or anything, just make it a little less cartoony. I don't want to play the new Doom for nostalgia, I want to be scared again. Oh, and as for the revenant, I personnally hate that thing unless it is used well. While a good monster, it is very hard to implement without getting annoying.

I must say the pink demon never scared me when I started. I just found it too silly-looking. The only things I found scary were cacos, barons and the spider. And revenants in Doom2. The demons sprite could probably be made to look better. Maybe it was because of the limited colour displays of the time?

You want lame? What about Sniper rifles, railguns... ok, they're good weapons but they have no place in doom. The weapons in doom just don't work on long distances (well, good anyway), to not use your ammo too fast you just have to get up close and personal, and i luv it =)