Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naberus

The Pink Demon

Right this is it. I want to know who is for and against the best goddamn monster in DooM™, The Pink Demon. Please give a reason why your for or against it. Here's mine.

the Pink Demon maybe silly looking to all you people who played Quake or Half-Life but come on was he not the monster who STILL makes you crap your pants in DooM™ from fighting several Imps and Zombie men you look at your health bar to find out its going down still, you killed all the Imps and Zombie men so you turn round and who do you see? The Pink demon munching his way through your bloody body. Didnt you jump, dont you still fear the sound of a roaming one of these blighters and when you forget about it who appears? our friend The Pink Demon. He is a bloody scary bugger i hope Id keep him in DooM3™

Guest c-d-w

I'm for it, bigtime... see my post in "surrounded by idiots" for my reason.

Guest Nerull

I'm for keeping it...
It was the only creature (I think) in the game that didn't have a distance attack, but still caused problems for me when they grouped together. Plus, being eaten to death is a much more ghastly way to go than being killed from a distance. :)

Guest Grunt

I love that Pink little bastard

Although they scared me back in the day, they will no longer be scary when you see them in Doom3 without SOME kind of change. I don't want to be like "Oh a demon, lets shoot him with the double barrel....BOOM!!!*splat*" know what I mean?

They need to be more baddass than ever but still retain that close up, in your face relationship they once had with you:) They should be reletively easy to beat with one or two but should be scary as hell with 5 or more, especially in dark areas when you can faintly see their eyes growing yellow. just imagine something like that!!!:)

When the new demons in doom3 come out, they better be more than walking bulldogs that try to chew you to death. I want to see something lurking down the hallways trying to jump you and tear your flesh apart. That was something in the Quake fiend that made it a great monster. That attitude that it wanted you dead...You saw it, you knew it was gonna jummp your ass and tear you up, although he was a little too predictable at the end.

c-d-w said:

I'm for it, bigtime... see my post in "surrounded by idiots" for my reason.

I agree that the pink demon should be more like the fiend in Quake. Maybe not jumping, but at least running fast and having a very load "waking" roar. The fiend is one monster that if used correctly, can scare the crap out of you. I mean, what can be more terrifying than walking down a corridor, and then all the sudden have a horrible creature leap out of the shadows directly in front of up towards your face and begin tearing you apart? I actually played a level which did that recently, and I nearly jumped right out of my chair when the fiend just suddenly lept out of a dark shadow. The rest of Quake stinks though, but I like the fiend. If you could do something like that for the demon, that would rock.

Guest PUNISHER

I'm for keeping all of the originals because without them,the game wouldn't feel completely like DooM.I think the lost soul should be changed a bit,and the pink demons should have a new attack or something

Guest Wharghol

I am for that hairless pink gorilla, maybe they could make that guy bigger though and a little less pink but still keeping it in the flesh tones?

Guest Cheech
PUNISHER said:

I'm for keeping all of the originals because without them,the game wouldn't feel completely like DooM.I think the lost soul should be changed a bit,and the pink demons should have a new attack or something

Certainly they should keep it. Why the hell not? My vote for scariest will always be the Cacodemon, but the DIII demon could be just as bad. His eyes should glow in the dark, and he should jump out of the way really quick, when you fire. Sometimes. It would suck if it was impossible to hit, but c'mon, id could still make him stumble down stairs. :)