Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adasciti

New fps stuff

Guest Adasciti

I think there should be more technical stuff involved if that's the right word. What I mean is different levels have different settings and there should be a little interaction. For instance using gun turrets, planting traps, damaging structures, using security cameras to see stuff in corridors and dark halls, blowing up doors with heavy demolitions. What I mean Is tactical stuff in the game. U know what I mean blowing up glass. I don't know if this is possable but I'd like to see buggy or jeep of some sort(kinda like the one in the halo preview). Flares, helmet lights, night vision(either a couple of these or all with different strengths and weaknesses). Weapons with clips and reloads, Double hand gun fighting, item selection, different types gernades(deto,time,napalm,sharpnal etc..), possibly a weight or space restriction for weapons (nah thats a dumb idea forget that! I like being armed to the teeth. But if u do consider this take a look at couter strike). Melee weapons with different attacks(think Street Fighter and Mortal Combat moves, nah thats dumb too forget it). Oh yeah when u go into a war u don't start off with a god damn puny pistol or brass knuckles(think about it). More light effects (shadows from many different light sources not one) Levels should be darker. MOre envirionment effects what I mean is plasma burns on walls and on people, dripping blood stains, blood footprints(like dukenukem), burn marks, shrapnal in corpses live and dead, Debris and bodies that don't just disapper into thin air, shattered glass everywhere, ability to shoot through amount of bodies such as shotguns shooting thru 3 people(this might need an EQU based on distance and thickness of monster bodies). Some weapons have differnet accuracy and some weapons could shoot thru say a wooden door. Smoke and particle effects (If theres a fire there better be smoke and depth decrease depending on thinckness of smoke). A better built physics engine(like that of halo as an example). Be able to pull yourselve up on stuff thats a foot higher than your head(look at theif for this idea, I'n tired of not being able to get over something that happens to be half as tall as I am because u can't jump that high). Addition of a flame thrower to really cook up something in hells kitchen, naplam gernade or some sort of demolition. fires that can burn for at least ten minutes(if you blow up a fuel barrel it not only explodes but sends fire everywhere and burns for a duration setting current monsters on fire and any that enter thet room and walk thru flames). For gods sake I want to see settings of epic sizes filled with enemies. Ammo should found in appropriate places such as on marine corpses armories, drawers, lockers.
Be able to lock doors to stall some time or watch enemies put dents in it (like Aliens or Alien three, aliens break or dent doors) I think this is scary. Stick away from quake2 level layout and design cause I hated almost every level seeing as it was small and U had to go to other maps and also U were surrounded by walls everywhere(gimme space). Environment stuff like clouds rain , night, dusk, dawn, stars, wind blowing papers and stuff around randomly. Maybe (u gonna think this is stupid and I watch too much aliens) a motion sensor,(game over man! Game OVER! Theres a horde of em coming from all directions, OMG they're in the walls no the ceiling no the floor everywhere aAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH, u want some of the this!!!) NIN should do music, read Trents article in Incite magazine about his idea or approach to do doing quake or game music(FYI NIN is not techno dickhead, nor is it pop.It is industrial, any more general than that it's genre is Rock/alternative). Listen to all of his music from Broken, Downward spiral and The fragile then make a opinion other wise I don't wanna hear it. Trust me if u've listened to it. It won't have lyrics or voice either if its done for game. Actually about a bit of the songs on Frigile don't have lyrics.

onward ho... I want a story that changes as it goes along. I want lens flare effects. If thers levels in hell they gotta be wierd looking and distorted. A level where the ground is a bunch of bodies in dirt or mush and arms and stuff are grabbing u. There crying for help and stuff(where bad folks go when they DIEEEEE, they don't go to heaven where the angels fly....). Laser sight that can be seen in smoke. Fog or mist. Differnt environmental effects such as water dripping from grond to ceiling, cold coolent fumes pmisting to ground(think of a lot of dry ice being melted and you'll see what I mean).

If theres a fire then alarms go off, sprinlkler puts out fires. Sparks. Sirne like lights that wirl around.

Thats it for now. I'd rather not have u pick at my ideas cause I know some of them are stupid but not totally far tho, I would like to hear other peoples ideas or people build off of mine.
yeah yeah yeah I know their very random. But I spat them out in less than 15 mins with what ever came to mind. The only thing that keeps new games coming out is new features and that and game play are what people want mainly. So this is a bunch on things that could come out.

Adasciti

I have to be honest, I didn't read your whole post, but here's the reply that came to mind: enough half-life influences in DOOM! People in these forums are always saying DOOM should take all that was great in Half life and put it into DOOM. All I have to say it wouldn't be very characteristic of id to be copying other games - id is known for setting the standard and I don't think they're going to start copping out now. This seems like it would make a great half-life game. Can't see having all these things in DOOM, though.

Guest Adasciti

These are simple ideas that are Totally new and aside from the gernades I can't see any link between these and half-life there are totally new. And u don't have to see all of them in a game their just a few suggestions to make u think.
Thats what I'm talking about a new standard in gaming. New Ideas and new implements make a game more ejoyable. The last few in the quake series have offered very little in diversity beside graphics and new weapons, possably a better engine. Games that have new stuff like dukenukem has a jetpack. Unreal has npc's. Some other game gave u double handguns. SoF let u mutilate bodies with a shotgun. Serious Sam has gigantic areas. Half-life is eventful(introducing new stuff like tanks, an helicopters as game progresses).
Innovation is a strong quality in a game. Look at gaming companies as they try to top each other by adding something different which takes a step further in the games genre and makes the game worthy of playing because theres a new element.
Oh and if haven't noticed some critics have been saying that THE FPS CROWN has been passed on from ID to valves/sierra because of HALF-LIFE. Don't let this be misunderstood, I don't want doom3 to resemble HL. ID needs to be careful with DOOM3.
It has to keep the same feel as well as add something new to game so interest isn't lost. That's why ppl are contributing ideas.

read
***************NOTE******************
This is where ppl are expecting ID to make another miracle in the FPS gaming world. As anyone is reading this they are expecting a game that they won't leave for a long time becuse of dooms success. THEY WANT A KICK ASS GAME AND THEY WANT SOMETHING NEW AS WELL AS THE OLD feel.

Again no fucking criticism just give me some of u'r ideas.

Guest PUNISHER

from your idea of rain and all that,it would be cool to have thunder and lightning to make things more scary.Monsters should randomly burst through walls,doors,ceilings,floors,windows, toilets,people,other enemies,trees,and all that.the same thing should rarely happen twice,by this I mean make things totally unpredictable,give enemies many different forms of behaviour and reactions to pain,victory,defeat,fear,satisfaction,excitment and all that so the enemys rarely react the same way to any situation twice.Jeeps and other vehicles would be nice,there should be numerous cars scattered about aboandoned cities,some that work and can help you in your journey and others that are totally destroyed and can't move anywhere.Monsters and players a like should be able to use parts of thier environment to thier advantage(make pipes that can be torn off of walls to use as a weapon etc).Walls should be destroyed when hit with explosives or after they have absorbed to many hits,damage is visible on enemies i.e. when shot the area will tare and start to bleed.Severed power cables should electricute enemies and players.limbs should be able to be severed.that's all I have for now.

Guest Adasciti

Cool!! Good ideas. Maybe u could use that demons limp to beat he hell out of him. Ha ha ha.

Guest Adasciti

Old weapons I liked were the shotguns(give these guns s better sound effect thats really full), plasma gun, rocket launcher, and BFG(I didn't have fun with BFG but everyone else likes it) and just as importantly the Chainsaw(duke4ever stilling this idea).

Objects like guys on poles twitching, horrifying textures, satanic symboles and gore are a must.

watch movie "event horizon", "aliens", "hellraiser"(can't remember which one), and anything else that mostly deals with hell. Event horizon related would be a good story for Doom3.

A level where the map is partially alive would be spooky and cool.

demon droppings(jj a little too maticluse!!). Random zombie/man behavior(one minute he doesn't see u and stands staring at wall, than moves to corpse and feeds, then starts saying gibberish, then attacks u, then walks away, pukes something like blood, fights other zombie). Zombieman torso that crawls wherevery it goes.

UAC property. Buildings, larger unusable weapons and vehicles that are for show, personal, forlifts, crates, machinery, computers and so on. UAC owns it all baby.

Zombies bust out of crates. Maybe a automatic shotgun. Rifle that is capable of automatic and burst firing. Grenade laucher.
Area damage effect and losing limbs are the big demands ppl want or I hear. Maybe a gun that shots some sort of bouncing betty type projectile(Bouncing betty mine rips enemies in half).
Demons speak english or some sort of anciet language like in the movie and has wierd writing on some stone walls(the know the one where the girl becomes possessed from time to time and gets wounds in wrists, crown of thornes wounds(the same wounds as christ basically) like ancient latin or something. well if u seen the movie and u no what i'm talking about then just smile and nod, the movie involves the vatican and talks about some message about current chirstian religion).

Have Episodes like in the very first doom. As an example maybe one would be on a space station, another on mars, another on earth or whatever.

Have sound effects where u step on a body and u can hear a yucky sound. When u shoot a monster next to a wall there should be blood on wall, And there must be a variety of different textures like in first and second doom. That make the theme of game. Computers and gore.

Your character must have an attitude. I'd expect a guy like the doomguy to have a constant swearing problem after seeing what he has. He should have funny one lines. He should say stuff according to whats happened to him(EG: demon scratches doomguy "don't let u'r hands make a fool out u'r self sucker bitch")i know thats stupid I don't have time to think of these (eg:"it's hard to imagine what u'r momma looks like after seeing U doushbag!") Cheezy I know but didn't want to use another momma joke that wouldn't suit. thats all for now

Guest Epiphany

Yeah you have some interesting ideas - but you want lens flares? Personally I think they look cheap and nasty in most games. Sure they suit a game where you look through glass - a windscreen of a car or aircraft but from a real life perspective? - look at the lights in the room in which you sit right now - see any transparent sprites in your vision? I didn't think so. Lets hope that the Doom sequel is 'good' but not 'unreal.'

Guest c-d-w

I see relections, because I wear glasses. If the Doom marine in the new game is faithful to the original, he'll be wearing a helmet with a visor, and stuff might reflect off that?
If not lens-flares, then a blinding effect from intense light would look cool.

Guest Arch`Vile
Adasciti said:

Cool!! Good ideas. Maybe u could use that demons limp to beat he hell out of him. Ha ha ha.

I agree with everything you have to say, Adasciti. My friends and I were writing up what should be in a new FPS game. The only thing that seems a bit cheezy is the zombies suddenly popping out of crates. I mean, why would they be in there in the first place?? Other than that, those ideas would make the best FPS out there.