Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adasciti

Wolfenstein, Doom, sequals *READ*

Guest Adasciti

This may be off topic and I don't know if it's been brought to u'r attention, but there isn't just one classic gaming title being developed, which is Doom3. I was at pcgamers site broswing thru "what it takes to be a producer" or "developing a game". And I stubbled upon Something unbelievable. Activision had Announced that it will be developing the sequal to Wolfenstein which would be called "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" I've only seen one pic but it looks pretty amazing using the Q3A engine .

I think it's quite the piece of information seeing as both original classics of Idsoftware are now getting sequals around the same time.

I wanna know if anyone has seen this news or knows of a source that gives more information.

I know this is off the doom3 topic but wolfenstein is the first game to attract attention to Id's FPS line.But it wasn't as phenomenol as Doom ever was.

PLZ reply positivly.

castle wolfenstein will not be made by id, but id will be overlooking the project. its being done by gray matter which is comprised of ex-xatrix employees

Guest doomgod12345

yea i heard the same thing i knew they were going to do this for a wile, hey any one know were i can get a full version of wolf3d or keen i have a friend who wants both

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was actually what made Carmack and co. re-think their strategy and opt for a Doom sequal.

Guest DemonFrog
doomgod12345 said:

yea i heard the same thing i knew they were going to do this for a wile, hey any one know were i can get a full version of wolf3d or keen i have a friend who wants both

Yeah, when I heard about the Wolfenstein sequel I thought "DOOM has got to be next (please god)," and it was :-).

Oh, yeah, I think you can get Wolf3D and Keen off idsoftware.com in the Shopping Maul section. Go download the order form file or use the weird little encrypted file thingy.

You have to order Keen, but you can get Wolf3D by downloading and decrypting it by calling the phone number.

http://www.idsoftware.com/shopping/smauls.html
http://www.idsoftware.com/orderform.txt