Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest psionic92

New Weapons for DooM 2k ? [ Agree/Disagree? ]

Guest psionic92

: Well, specualtion around the id Software offices is that they make make a DooM 2000 or a Wolfenstein game with a brand new engine or even the Quake 3 engine. Is anyone in favor of this?? I'd think it'd be pretty cool. I mean, they already have www.doom2000.com licensed to id Software. Might as well go ahead and do it, right??

I'm down as long as they DO NOT add any new weapons. But I don't agree they should build an entire new engine for it. It would be a complete waste. I doubt they will either.

The Quake3 engine has been strongly develeoped and perfected. All that is left is to smooth our their models and get some fucking mappers for iD. iD's mappers suck ass. No offense, but it's true.

Thanks..

I strongly disagree, I think that they should have many many new weapons, but should NOT completely get rid of the old ones.(well I don't object to them making the chaingun into a minigun that shoots lots faster as long as they make it look really good.) I've played with the familiar ones too long and even though they would be bright and shiny in their new 3D format, it would soon get boring again. I opt for at least 10 weaps, and nothing stupid like an MP-5 or Uzis (Mod creators have butchered that market, besides why would a space marine carry one of those when they could carry a plasma gun or chaingun). I hope they have more but not too many (after 20, it would get a little confusing).

I think DeadNail's comments in the "Guns, Demons, Recap of all ideas" are along the lines of what I'm trying to say. Maybe there should be lots of different weapons and when you get something superior (like a chaingun compaired to a rifle) then you just drop the inferioir one, take it's ammo and leave with the better one. A marine cannot possible carry upwards of 100 lbs of equipment+weaps and keep up the feverish pace that he always seems to do (I never got why he can run nonstop with a BFG on his back).

I hope i've given you insight into this. But we don't have a clue to what ID is actually going to do, so we shouldn't get our hopes up. One thing we can count on is that it'll be more realistic and scarier than D1 or D2! (ill turn into a cyberdemon if it's a flop).

Hey thanks.

You're right too, those damn 12 year olds and all of their uzi mods drive me insane.

As for my thoughts, all the original weapons plus at least as many new ones, each with a secondary fire attack. Same goes for enemies with all new moves.

Yes, ID's current mappers do suck some major cock. Then again, so do Epic's so I guess they're even. :/

BTW, I prefer my handle uncapitalized.

id's mappers dont suck, when quake 3 came out they had to decide on playability, or good looking , because the quake 3 engine took up alot of system resources and truly stunning environments would've made the game run like shite

Guest DeAD_Stuff

i agree for new weapons.
and id level designer sucks too much.