Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IdMarine

Id Project Step 2: Organize A Petition...

Guest IdMarine

Hey thanks to all you Doomers who supported the other post for suggestions on Doom3. I'm going to finally organize all of those suggestions and send them to Id as quickly as possible. I sure hope they listen to those great ideas. :) Anyway, there's a step #2. I hope to organize a petition of sorts that we can send to Id...a compilation of "signatures" from Doomworld visitiors that might prompt Id to take in to consideration the list of suggestions I'm sending. Unfortunately, I already discussed the possibility of Doomworld hosting this petition with Mordeth, but he declined. So this post will have to suffice as the petition. So put down those names!

Guest IdMarine

All you have to do is put your "signature" down on this forum post...or ask a Doomworld moderator to consider having a petition started on Doomworld. Either is fine.

Guest JudgeDooM

..uh..is it ok like this?:
I support this petition (or something like this)
Signed:JudgeDooM
if not, I anyways sign for that petition. I want id read our ideas! Like this we will be sure that we'll have a good game in our hands.

Guest sacrifice

decision supported by: sacrifice

Guest Flamingsnotball

Flamingsnotball supports this petition.

Count me in, but there's one thing that I absolutely must request.

I'm sick of pump action shotguns, especially stock ones without pistol grips. I saw on a redneck shooting show on TNN the other day a guy that can shoot down seven clay pidgeons in 2.3 seconds with an autoloading shotgun made by a company that begins with a B, and not Browning. I wish I could remember who, but my local walmart has one for sale at $450. That would be much handier.

I definitly support this petition

I have one more thing to suggest for doom3 as well:

When you get hurt, the view should'nt turn red unless blood actually gets on your helmet. The view should darken and turn bluish from blood loss.
If anyone has been seriously blead in real life, you'd know that the first thing that happens is that your vision turns darker from blood pressure loss.
THe new doom should replicate this effect along with bluespots of your vision from seeing bright things (plasma gun impact would make you see spots just like looking at sun would, having a sun overhead like turok did would'nt be bad either).

I am suggesting here because you may be finished with other post for all I know and I did'nt come up with this idea until now.

Those spots from seeing bright stuff, they work pretty bad for all i know. Try looking at a flashba(n)g going off in Rainbow6. It really don't do much to you...

Keep in mind that the doom marine is a 'super soldier' =)

oh, and i am all in btw!

sacrifice said:

decision supported by: sacrifice

This petition is supported by the Doomer known as Windowpain.
Signed: Windowpain
I think id should listen to our suggestions because we are after all, probably the most dedicated Doomers out there.

Guest JudgeDooM
sirgalahadwizar said:

When you get hurt, the view should'nt turn red unless blood actually gets on your helmet. The view should darken and turn bluish from blood loss.
If anyone has been seriously blead in real life, you'd know that the first thing that happens is that your vision turns darker from blood pressure loss.
THe new doom should replicate this effect along with bluespots of your vision from seeing bright things (plasma gun impact would make you see spots just like looking at sun would, having a sun overhead like turok did would'nt be bad either).

I am suggesting here because you may be finished with other post for all I know and I did'nt come up with this idea until now.

Yeah! good idea. I've already thought on th blood-splatting-on-you thing, but with the chainsaw. Imagine, when you attack a demon with it, its blood should splat on your helmet and you see the Space Marine wiping the blood off the eyeshade with his glove.

Guest Psycho
Windowpain said:

This petition is supported by the Doomer known as Windowpain.
Signed: Windowpain
I think id should listen to our suggestions because we are after all, probably the most dedicated Doomers out there.

I support this wonderful idea. Give voice to the people who still know what DOOM really is and what it WILL be if iD does a good job.
Name: Psycho

Guest JudgeDooM
JudgeDooM said:

..uh..is it ok like this?:
I support this petition (or something like this)
Signed:JudgeDooM
if not, I anyways sign for that petition. I want id read our ideas! Like this we will be sure that we'll have a good game in our hands.

One more thing...don't forget to put E1M1 music in the new DooM!!!

Guest Relajo
sirgalahadwizar said:

signature:
Relajo (Jose Boroto)

Guest micpp

I support this

Guest DeAD Stuff
Shaviro said:

Signature? Like this?

Maonth(Jacob Kruse)

i would support this petition...but first, can i see the "list of suggestions"?