Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DiSTuRBeD

Doom arcade machine

I was just watching a movie, and there was a guy there playing doom on an arcade machine in some cheap-ass store. I didn't even know doom existed on arcade, would be cool to own one of those :)

Funny how the guy was playing MAP01, then MAP07 a few instances later, then MAP15, then MAP02 etc.. =)

That was Grosse Pointe Blank I beleive.
I remember all the level warping going on, everytime you got a view of the screen he was on a different level and using a different weapon. Heh.

Guest JudgeDooM

There was also a guy playing DooM (on PC this time) in a Jean-Claude VanDamme film, I think it was "Sudden Death". But I noticed that the shotgun was making a different noise when it fired.

I never saw Grosse Point Blank, but the guy playing Doom on a PC in a Jean Claude Van Damme movie was the 'Die Hard In A Hockey Arena' movie. It was DeHacked, too. You could tell by how fast the shotgun was firing. :)

A kid was also playing Doom in 'Breakdown' with Keifer Sutherland, towards the end when they're at the trucker's house. The chaingun sound was different, and he was playing it on a television.

Megalyth said:

I remember all the level warping going on, everytime you got a view of the screen he was on a different level and using a different weapon. Heh.

The reasons for different versions and different noises are probably due to copyright laws but then again Doom is one of the most famous games ever!

Megalyth said:

I don't think it was Grosse point blank, but i don't have any idea what kind of movie that is. It was about a guy who freaked out, joined the army, and then became an assasin. Pretty cool movie =)

There was no sound from the game as far as i can remember... The guy that was playing was wearing a headset with some music, so he was playing good ol' doom while a couple of guys had a firefight behind him. I guess you can call him a hardcore doomer because of that :-o

Guest doomgod12345
JudgeDooM said:

There was also a guy playing DooM (on PC this time) in a Jean-Claude VanDamme film, I think it was "Sudden Death". But I noticed that the shotgun was making a different noise when it fired.

doom is in many more movies, the first i saw it in was congo. i have seen it in alot more movies as well. as for the an arcade game i have played on one and i have also played it on one of those virtual haed sets at an arcade