Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlayeR

Music idea...

Guest SlayeR

Since we all don't all agree on what music should be used in DooM 3, I think id should have a 'full install' option where you could put in any music CD to use with the game, rather than the DooM 3 CD, or maybe it could use MP3s which could be changed. I enjoyed changing the MP3 music for Heroes of Might and Magic III....

The guy who originally did the Doom music and Trent Reznor since Trent Reznor has already said he's do it should do the music. (Really industrial metal, man.) Because that's what John Carmack originally asked the guy who did the Doom music back in 1993.
I think they should do a really updated re-make of the E1M1 tune, I've heard the original and it kicks... so I think a really updated one would work.

Guest Int86x

Really industrial metal? Bobby Prince never fully did that for any games.

If it's gonna be metal, it's gotta be death or gothic metal, not that industrial CRAP. I'd like to see industrial metal set a scary mood. (never gonna happen)

Guest Hellspawn
Int86x said:

Bobby Prince should WRITE the music again, in my opinion. His music just has that... cinematic feeling (the moods of the songs just went in a logical progression through the levels, and it wasn't distracting, but still cool music to listen to)... but then they should have a band actually record it. Hell, Marty Friedman could record it. His solo stuff goes from rock to melodic, like the music from Doom did. Bobby Prince's music never really did have that industrial thing going on, like was previously mentioned... that's what made it better.

Oh, and yes, E1M1's music did rule. I took the time out of my life to actually learn how to play it on my trusty ol' Les Paul.

DiSTuRBeD said:

If it's gonna be metal, it's gotta be death or gothic metal, not that industrial CRAP. I'd like to see industrial metal set a scary mood. (never gonna happen)

Should be different types of music depending upon how deep into the game you are. For example e1m1 music is really cheery and gets you going, but e1m8 music is really creepy and has one of those "fighting the big guys" overtones to it. My most favorite music from any of the dooms was the e1m8 / e3m4 music.

Guest SlayeR
DiSTuRBeD said:

Hey, I agree with you there. Maybe not death metal, but I would prefer Heavy metal or just plain metal (MetallicA sorta thing).

Hellspawn said:

Bobby Prince should WRITE the music again, in my opinion. His music just has that... cinematic feeling (the moods of the songs just went in a logical progression through the levels, and it wasn't distracting, but still cool music to listen to)... but then they should have a band actually record it. Hell, Marty Friedman could record it. His solo stuff goes from rock to melodic, like the music from Doom did. Bobby Prince's music never really did have that industrial thing going on, like was previously mentioned... that's what made it better.

Oh, and yes, E1M1's music did rule. I took the time out of my life to actually learn how to play it on my trusty ol' Les Paul.

Les Paul, pffffft. A real man uses a Strat.....

:)

Guest DooMsDaY_

Why do you always have to think of DooM3 having metal themes ONLY? The original DooM did have metal themes like e1m1 or e1m4 or even e2m1 and they were just fine. But what about e2m8,e1m8,e1m3 and more themes that sounded like these ones. They were creepy and melacholic,just as the music should be for a game like DooM. I absolutely agree about the metal themes,but there should be something different too..
Just picture it. How would a base be more scary? Running around while listening to a background e1m1 or by listening a e1m3 ?

oh and by the way..you guys should not EVEN mention about rap themes in DooM3 . The thought alone makes me laugh. I hope it does the same to you...

Guest Hellspawn
Stphrz said:

Les Paul, pffffft. A real man uses a Strat.....

:)

So Zakk Wylde's NOT a real man? ;)

Int86x said:

I'm not saying that Bobby Price guy did industrial metal, NIN does industrail metal but I would say that cuz I'm a major NIN fan.

Hellspawn said:

So Zakk Wylde's NOT a real man? ;)

;)

Actually, I hope to afford to buy a Les Paul someday. I've got a Strat and a Tele. The Tele is pretty old and beat up though. I want to get it restored first. I also need a new computer too. Damn, where am I gonna get the cash for all this :)

Guest Kaopectate

i'll give you one better...
If id really wanted to stun people with Audio in DooM 3,
they could put in all different types of music and you could be able to choose which one is default and then have a button to SWAP music in the map..just in case you don't like it and want something else....That way everyone 'll be happy...You could have doom music/doom2 music/remixed music/metal/ambient/techno/trance/etc...

It'll take loads of time and effort but it would be a kewl feature...

I don't think you should be able to put in music at all since most likely people will screw it up and not pick good music and probably have a different opinion about the game (ie..going from This game ROCKS!!!....to This game SUCKS!!)...

...But that's just my opinion...

Lüt said:

Yay, telecasters rock. I ruined one, I would know ;)

here you go just combine all off those things adn what do you get? MetallicA. yep, creepy, hard, melodic, intense, MetallicA just has the right kind of music for DooM,

Guest Nuno Correia
Lüt said:

Yay, telecasters rock. I ruined one, I would know ;)

Your guitars are nothing compared to my recently bought analog phat-sounding synth, the Roland Juno 106... (tihs si dah jeef kae uv dah sints hsi l337 and yuor all suckors :P)

Guest Nuno Correia

But don't get me wrong, I also like guitars :) Guess I'd go for Industrial music for Doom 3. Nine Inch Nails and Frontline Assembly would do just fine, as well as some ambient (Aphex Twin, Autechre... you get the idea).

JEEF KAE R0X0RZ J00!

sirgalahadwizar said:

Should be different types of music depending upon how deep into the game you are. For example e1m1 music is really cheery and gets you going, but e1m8 music is really creepy and has one of those "fighting the big guys" overtones to it. My most favorite music from any of the dooms was the e1m8 / e3m4 music.

Yea, that is a great idea. Take doom1 as an example. Ep1 would be heavy metal\rock, ep2 would have more of a gothic metal\techno kinda music, while ep3 that's in hell would be totally scary symphony shit.

Most people don't know what metal is all about btw, go to MP3.com and listen to some different types.

Guest Hellspawn
masterhassan said:

here you go just combine all off those things adn what do you get? MetallicA. yep, creepy, hard, melodic, intense, MetallicA just has the right kind of music for DooM,

Metallica? Maybe for the faster-paced levels... they could make a killer E1M1... but overall, Bobby Prince... or me... I'd treat it with special care... ;)

Yeah have you heard Master of Puppets by Metallica? The intro sounds incredibly similar to e1m1. By the way, why does everyone keep on wanting only a certain type of music for every level in the game?!? Each level should have music to set the mood. If you had fast metal throughout the game, it would suck. That's like putting e1m1 on map30 in Doom 2. Bobby Prince did an excellent job at the music; it always changed and the game didn't have a repetitive feel to it. Why can't Doom 3 have all types of music?
Oh btw, no songs should have singing in it.

Guest Hellspawn

Yeah, and MOP came out BEFORE Doom was in the works... so, I guess Bobby Prince is a Metallica fan... he DID take a few Alice in Chains riffs for the Doom 2 music (Map 23 is Them Bones and Map 25 is Angry Chair)... I guess he likes his metal music ;)

Guest KtuluOfDoom

1. I am a proud owner of an ESP (the Kirk Hammet wannabe)
2. I picked up the map01 and "Barrels O' Fun" tunes with the above
3. For all you old school 'Tallica fans, e1m1 sounds like No Remorse (the part: "no remorse, no repent, we don't care, what it meant")

Guest SlayeR
Hellspawn said:

Yeah, and MOP came out BEFORE Doom was in the works... so, I guess Bobby Prince is a Metallica fan... he DID take a few Alice in Chains riffs for the Doom 2 music (Map 23 is Them Bones and Map 25 is Angry Chair)... I guess he likes his metal music ;)

Yeah, therez also a couple of Pantera tunes in Doom 1 & 2. E3M1 is 'Mouth for War', E1M4 is 'Rise' and MAP27 is 'This Love'. I wouldn't mind MetallicA music in Doom 3. They are, of course, my favourite band.