Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dark_Fox

New Enemies, and weapons for D3

Guest Dark_Fox

There should be some new DooM mosters for DooM III.
I really did not like some of the DooM II monsters.. The arch-vile kickes ass. New weapons would be awesome too. Any ideas?

Guest Sir psycho sexy

It wouldn't be doom without all the doom weapons, but they should add more weapons to add to the variety of DOOM. they cannot get rid of the humans or the imps!!!! at all, again it would not be DOOM without them.

I posted already my ideas about new weapons some time ago.
I would redesign/new design most of the old weapons and add about 5 new weapons:
1)Combat Chainsaw
2)Pistol
3)Single Barrel Shotgun
4)Double Barrel Shotgun
5)Stormbolter (GrenadeLauncher/Submachinegun) *new*
6)Minigun *new* [but similar to Chaingun]
7) Rocketlauncher
8)Plasma Rifle
9)Flamethrower *new*
10)Sniper Railgun *new*
11)??? *new*
12)BFG 11K

And for the monsters...I want to see an female archvile which remembers me to the paintings of Dali :)

More variation to the Imps, there should be the original Imp then a more tougher Imp then a beefy Imp that's as strong as an Arch-Vile.
The end boss shouldn't be robotic like the Spider Mastermind it should be Hellish like the Shub-Niggurath creature at the end of Quake. How about this flying Imp that has these huge coat legs and a huge gawping mouth that hurls five fireballs at once along with this huge shock wave that knocks the player about. It's body should be brown with several spikes but there should be demonic scratches of inverted crucifixes and pentagrams.

Tetzlaff said:

I posted already my ideas about new weapons some time ago.
I would redesign/new design most of the old weapons and add about 5 new weapons:
1)Combat Chainsaw
2)Pistol
3)Single Barrel Shotgun
4)Double Barrel Shotgun
5)Stormbolter (GrenadeLauncher/Submachinegun) *new*
6)Minigun *new* [but similar to Chaingun]
7) Rocketlauncher
8)Plasma Rifle
9)Flamethrower *new*
10)Sniper Railgun *new*
11)??? *new*
12)BFG 11K

And for the monsters...I want to see an female archvile which remembers me to the paintings of Dali :)

I'd hate to have a long-range weapon in Doom3. Part of what i love about doom is that you have to get up close and personal with the monsters to make your ammo last. Makes the game more brutal =)

Would be a kind of boring if you would have only close range weapons. The sniper feature for the railgun is for those players who love to zoom and for those who aren´t skilled enough to use the railgun the normal way :)

Hey Dark_Fox, did you read the huge couple of threads I had back a month ago or so? In them I ranted off a huge amount of ideas for weapons and monsters. I'll quickly snap them off, if you want some detail then just request it.

1: Fist, Knife, Pipe or Sword (Most people say pipe), chainsaw
2: Pistol, Akimbo Pistols, Pistol w/ Scope, Submachine gun
3: Shotgun, Single Load DB, Autoloading Shotgun, Autoloading DB
4: Triple action rifle, Full auto rifle w/ shotgun, minigun
5: single load m-79, clip fed grenade launcher
6: single load rocket launcher (half-life), clip fed launcher
7: shock pistol, plasma rifle, pulse cannon (rail gun type)
8: bfg, original doom bfg fireball maelstrom style gun

I also think there should be multiple ammo for every gun. Press A, a menu pops up, pick your ammo. Your character unloads and reloads his weapon. This way, let's say for the shotgun, you could load in 00 buck, slugs, explosive shredder shells, and even flares. Some people don't like this idea but I think it would add a whole shitload of strategy to it, and make every weapon just as strong as the other with the right ammo prepared.

There we are, as for enemies:
==Zombies
Civilian, unarmed or pipe
Cop, pistol
Soldier, triple action rifle
Seargent, pump action shotgun
Heavy Weapons Dude, minigun
Revenant, modified rocket launcher

==Imps
The original
Nightmare imp, bluish, transparent
Skull imp, zombified - faster, harder claws, no fireball
Master Imp, black, very clear, very fast, will climb walls

==Demons
The original
Spectre, half way transparent
Nightmare, twice as large
Nightmare Spectre, twice as large and transparent

==Magicant Demons
Lost Soul
Cacodemon
Pain Elemental
Plague Spawn, heaves toxic yellow mist, catches fire when dies

==Royal Demons
Hell Knight
Baron Of Hell
Hell Master, same like above, much stronger - 15 rockets
Arch-Vile
Mancubus

==Bio-Mech
Arachnatron
Arachnatron w/ BFG or Shock Cannon
Spider Mastermind
Cyberdemon
Slaugher - Mechanized "Demon", pounces a whole lot

And that's only slightly expanding on the enemies given in Doom 2, who knows what new 'classes' they'll add. It's also worth noting that I thought of enemy levels, such as a Hell Knight is a 'Behemoth, lv. 1' and a Baron of Hell would be 'Behemoth, lv. 2'. Then someone (I forgot who) came along and though of stats, such as: Model, Height, Skin, Texture, Sex, Aggressiveness, Accuracy, Speed, Strength, HP. This way every enemy in the came could be somewhat different, as well as having some enemies that just refuse to die. :)

Guest Brandon Mercer
Sir psycho sexy said:

It wouldn't be doom without all the doom weapons, but they should add more weapons to add to the variety of DOOM. they cannot get rid of the humans or the imps!!!! at all, again it would not be DOOM without them.

The way I see it is this: I don't care what they do to it because I trust Id Software to the full extent, and I am a loyal follower of John Carmack. He is the one with the brilliant mind, and far superior to any of us in the coding field. He created Doom and he will resurrect it to the likes of which we have never seen or imagined.

Trust in Id Software.

Damn straight bucko. All we can do is guess and I'm sure we'll still be impressed.

Guest Brandon Mercer

Agreed. Have you actually seen the source code for Quake and other things Carmack has done? It's uncomprehensible at best! I read in the music section of Doomworld about what Bobby Prince said about him while they were making Doom. He even named a song called "Deep into the code" ,or something to that extent, that was about Carmack staying on the project sometimes until 1:30 in the morning! It also says that Carmack would only take a break to get a coke or go to the little boys room. Talk about dedication, I have trouble sitting still for 30 minutes or so.

Guest Kaopectate

I think they should make the Arch-Viles much stronger/harder to kill...they should be the nasiest badasses in Doom 3....they should tower over Cyberdemons too...Also have more spidermasterminds...IMHO they are much harder than a cyberdemon...

I think there should be more outdoor levels...those are nice...

Also I think they should dump the mancubus or make him incredibly strong...even imps and sergeants can be harder than a mancubus if placed right in doom2...

deadnail said:

@Deadnail: 24 weapons...!!! That´s just chaos. Ok, I remember you can drop the weak weapons and so on, but nevermind. You should better make your own Rambo game where you can run arround with a big bunch of similar weapons :)
But could you explain what a clip fed launcher is? And what do you exactly mean with railgun type pulse cannon? Has it the speed and the high accuracy of the Quake railgun, and how does it function?
You perhaps remember our small discussion about weapon balance. Maybe your weapon system would work into the multiplayer section of the game? So you could create maps with special weapon layouts as you said. But for the single player I still think my weapon system is the better one ;)

A clip fed launcher? Think Quake 3 grenade launcher, how it looked like it had a magazine on the bottom of it.

A railgun pulse cannon... a gun that fires off a whole damn pack of cells at once into one, solid, instant hit bolt of electricity that fires in a perfect line. After all, the Railgun in Q3A looked more like a laser gun anyway. It's exactly the same, although I wouldn't let it ever do more than 80 damage.

As for balance, Q3A was the most balanced FPS in history, MUCH more balanced than UT. We don't even need to argue here; ID has it covered well. :)

Guest Relajo

I agree with the idea of diferent strenght levels for the enemies, and the weapon upgrades, but I think it will be too complicated to have diferent kinds of ammo for each weapon... looks like you have played Reident Evil too much; the diferents kind of ammo work there because you have time to pause the game and change the kind of bullets you want to use; but in DOOM, it will be diferent, in DOOM we want nonstop action, so the idea of having to stop a while to change ammo is not so good here...

deadnail said:

A clip fed launcher? Think Quake 3 grenade launcher, how it looked like it had a magazine on the bottom of it.

A railgun pulse cannon... a gun that fires off a whole damn pack of cells at once into one, solid, instant hit bolt of electricity that fires in a perfect line. After all, the Railgun in Q3A looked more like a laser gun anyway. It's exactly the same, although I wouldn't let it ever do more than 80 damage.

As for balance, Q3A was the most balanced FPS in history, MUCH more balanced than UT. We don't even need to argue here; ID has it covered well. :)

I see. -You are right with the laser-like look of the Q3A-railgun trail...I don´t like laser weapons, they always remind me "Captain Future" and stuff like that. Maybe such a railgun pulse cannon would be the right thing.

Guest BloodLustX
Brandon Mercer said:

Agreed. Have you actually seen the source code for Quake and other things Carmack has done? It's uncomprehensible at best! I read in the music section of Doomworld about what Bobby Prince said about him while they were making Doom. He even named a song called "Deep into the code" ,or something to that extent, that was about Carmack staying on the project sometimes until 1:30 in the morning! It also says that Carmack would only take a break to get a coke or go to the little boys room. Talk about dedication, I have trouble sitting still for 30 minutes or so.

I wonder what it would take to get Romero and Carmack back together for DOOM3? I mean Romero is needs the rebuild his rep. after piece of flaming horseshit Daikanta.

I really hope they don't put in sniper/long range weapons in doom. Like explained above, the great thing about Doom/Doom II was you had to be close to middle range to use your weapons effectively. Think of quake2. I basically owned the single player with the railgun alone...BORING