Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

HEY!!! A Sweet idea!!!

I was thinking, for the DooM3 character classes {the zombies, imps, cocademons, spiderminds, archviles, revenants, mancubases} I was thinking, after ever couple of levels, there should be a master of each group, like a mini boss, ex: A giant Imp, or giant Cacodemon etc... That would be pretty cool! -Jeremy

Guest Kaopectate

It ain't diablo man...

But you have a point...ever level should have an arena area with a stronger monster than you've faced before that you havta to beat to finish the level and in the levels after you fight more of them. eg:

LVL1- Imps, zombiemen
- Shotgun Sergeant
LVL2- Imps, zombiemen, shotgun sergeant
- Chaingun Sergeant
LVL3- Imps, zombiemen, shotgun sergeant, chaingun sergeant
- Demon

or we can just used different levels monster types: ie. Lvl 4 imp, etc..but that's been said b4.

That is a sweet idea, although we touched on that about a month back in my initial posts.

I'm still picturing a gigantic demon, the height of a cyberdemon, that stomps every little bastard in his way on his path to run you down. You have to hide in underground tunnels. If you stand to close to the entryways he'll reach in and smash you.

When it screams you should be thrown back and trees should be uprooted. When it stomps the ground pillars should crumble and your aim should ramble about.

If a cyberdemon hits it with a rocket it should pounce on the cyberdemon, pinning it down, and rip it in half. Now *that* shit would be impressive!

So how do you kill it?

Who says you can?

Now that would be a really challenging level, having to run like hell to avoid that bastard.

If it has to be killable, then bullets and shot should just bounce off. Rockets should do basic damage. Plasma Rifle damage should be minimal. However, the 'PPC' (Particle Pulse Cannon, my railgun clone that eats up 20 cells per shot; the Q3A railgun looks like a laser gun anyways) would blow holes right through it and do great damage.

What would a giant demon spitter be like?

Kaopectate said:

It ain't diablo man...

But you have a point...ever level should have an arena area with a stronger monster than you've faced before that you havta to beat to finish the level and in the levels after you fight more of them. eg:

LVL1- Imps, zombiemen
- Shotgun Sergeant
LVL2- Imps, zombiemen, shotgun sergeant
- Chaingun Sergeant
LVL3- Imps, zombiemen, shotgun sergeant, chaingun sergeant
- Demon

or we can just used different levels monster types: ie. Lvl 4 imp, etc..but that's been said b4.

But I really like Deadnails idea, that sounds fucking kick!!! ANd if there is no level like that, you know, you could make a mod...

Damn, the one post where I don't get anal about my nickname and pow, there it is.

What the hell does 'fucking kick' mean? Is that just a lazy way of saying 'fuckin' kick ass'? The same way that rappers now say muafugga instead of motherfucker?

How would you make a mod out of an idea like that if there's nothing like it in the normal game?

Ok, chil, sorry "deadnail". Im not a negro, and kick, uh, I dont know where I got that from. To make a mod like that, you could just supersize a demon, and make a large arena with holes in the floor! There, done! -Jeremy

You're not a 'negro'? Well I didn't say it.

Supersizing a demon and making a large level that resembles a thin cave with an arena all around it wouldn't be enough, not by a longshot.

What about the nightmare demon's AI? Would it stomp everything that got in it's way? Would it pounce on a cyberdemon? Would trees uproot when it screamed near them? Would it lean against the top of the cave and reach into an opening for you?

Like I said, if something like that wasn't originally in the game it'd be harder'n'ell to put it there without a college degree or three.

deadnail said:

c'mon dude. if that thing's scream uproots trees, then Flynn's
ear drums would burst and, well...the power of the sound
would cause massive brain damage (loud music causes
brain damage, ya know). but if that guy's scream actually
uproots trees, Flynn's head would just pop. the guy would
fucking explode. his brain's would shoot out his ears and become
mush. basically, that scream is a one-hit-kill. i mean, the guy
will need major fucking futuristic ear plugs along with
some ear muffs. i dont even want to see that in a game. that
is just too gruesome and belongs in Faces of Death.

Your guy has a two inch thick padded steel helmet that's completely airtight. It also has a one inch thick lucite visor. That sounds pretty goddamn sound deafening to me.

Besides, it's not the volume, it's the roar of wind from the demon's lungs that rival the size of a Ford Expedition or two.

Of course if you're at point blank and it suddenly screams it should fling you into a wall. You fly through the air around forty feet, hitting the wall and basically become a fly on the windshield. :)

The only head-pop scene I saw was from a really shitty .mpg a long time ago that had some stupid asshole blow his head off with an over-under double barrelled shotgun. It was probably fake, but do to the quality I couldn't see any flubbing. In any case I laughed my ass off the first time I saw it. Just like that chick-flick "Meet Joe Black", watch the first ten minutes... it's pretty damn funny!

Step... SLAM HONK SLAM GRUNT SLIDE... oh man I laughed so damn hard I cried and got a nosefull of Dr. Pepper!

As for Faces Of Death, the worst thing I saw in that was a guy get eaten alive by an alligator. Right now I've got a .jpg on my harddrive of a crocodile autopsy... showing the belly full of partially digested human parts. Get it at: http://www.nutz.org it's funny.

Hell, Affliction was much more disturbing. If you want to know how sick that film is, well, it starts with a bunch of pictures of aborted fetuses and the title, "Do you have AIDS yet?"

Then it cuts right to a guy vomiting on a bible, a cross, and an american flag. If he's atheist I understand, but I'd like to kick his little ass for the flag. Then he shoved the cross up his bunghole and jerked off. About another hour into this movie you see a guy whacking off on some other guy's face, but right when he comes he stabs his dick with a needle and starts spraying blood and jizz all over the other guy's face, who just sits there, looking incredibly uninterested. May not sound like much but the blood-spraying goes on for a good 3 minutes!

Oh yeah, you also see a band playing. However, during the 2nd song, the guy drops his pants and takes a huge shit right on the stage.

Then he turns around and eats it.

I'm tellin' ya, there're some really fucking hilarious movies out there if you hang out with the right people.

Guest Kaopectate

Damn, deadnail, you are one sick fuck :)
worse than me even...

..."We're not worthy!!!"...

hehe.....what's the title of this video -- I'd like to take a see it...hehe

Affliction, and I guaran-fucking-tee you won't find it at your local Blockbuster video. =Þ

Try underground music stores.

In any case, I *could* post some blurry screenshots, but not right now. It's 10:30 am and I need sleep...

deadnail said:

You're not a 'negro'? Well I didn't say it.

Supersizing a demon and making a large level that resembles a thin cave with an arena all around it wouldn't be enough, not by a longshot.

What about the nightmare demon's AI? Would it stomp everything that got in it's way? Would it pounce on a cyberdemon? Would trees uproot when it screamed near them? Would it lean against the top of the cave and reach into an opening for you?

Like I said, if something like that wasn't originally in the game it'd be harder'n'ell to put it there without a college degree or three.

Dude, if you think doing stuff like that is hard, well then buy yourself the "C++ BIBLE" It has EVERY thing about programing! Im going to start getting into, cuz I want to make my own game REAL bad. I'd have teams of people dedicated to modeling, and making levels. I would make the engine, and to the textures and skins n' crap! EEhhh, that would be kick ass!

Jeremy said:

Dude, if you think doing stuff like that is hard, well then buy yourself the "C++ BIBLE" It has EVERY thing about programing! Im going to start getting into, cuz I want to make my own game REAL bad. I'd have teams of people dedicated to modeling, and making levels. I would make the engine, and to the textures and skins n' crap! EEhhh, that would be kick ass!

Dude, WTF? I've got three copies of that thing. My dad works at a printing company; he just kept the scrap ones instead of throwing them out.

Anyways, Jesus, is that all it takes to program? Gee, I never knew. Who thought that a simple book would explain the whole thing in such perfect, understandable detail that anyone could do it.

That fucking book is harder to follow than someone backpedalling with the BFG warming up.

I got about three pages into it before I just said fuck it. Let's not forget, though, that it's a few thousand pages thick. Even then, it's just C++, no assembly or delphi or any of that other shit I've heard praised. I'll have a much better chance of learning Japanese in Romanji.

Bakari Eigoban!

Psyonisis said:

Is it just me or does everything that Jeremy says seems like bullshit

Fuck you you copy cat, your a JACK ASS. FUCK YOU! Your gay, and probably dont know a thing about C++ So id shut your fucking mouth.

Uhm yes I do know a thing about C++, I took a course on it. By the way, how am I a copy cat? And what will you do if I don't "shut my fucking mouth"? It's not just a mouth, it's a fucking mouth!

Guest Kaopectate

he called you a copycat because I replied to another post of his exactly as you did, word for word...just that one line....coincidence??probably :)