Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skatepunk60

Differences between Ultimate and Registered doom

I have messed up my registered doom WAD (accident) and didnt back it up so i was gonna use the downgrade patch to make a copy of my ultimate doom WAD into regestered doom. So i got to version 1.1 then used another patch to get to version 1.9 ... But after i beat Phobos Anomaly i get the "Register Doom for only $40" screen and after each episode the picture is exactly the same. What ARE the differences between the two and are these other things normal? Its been soo long since i played Regestered doom i used it for editing

See if there's a berserk pack near the beginning of E1M1 in skill 3 multiplayer. That's on Hurt Me Plenty only I think. Also see if there's the switch to open the shortcut door to the outside. If you want to see some differences play v1.1. You can get the barons in E1M8 to claw not just each other but commit suicide by clawing themselves to death. Unfortunately you can't record demos with v1.1 If only a v1.1 to v1.2 patch was still around somewhere.

ARGH! Invasion of the punk logos! I shall break you cycle with the power of Sascha!

If you didn't get them on CD, always always back up your Doom wads on CD. Also keep another copy somewhere on the HD.

Gokuma said:

See if there's a berserk pack near the beginning of E1M1 in skill 3 multiplayer. That's on Hurt Me Plenty only I think. Also see if there's the switch to open the shortcut door to the outside.

Is that on Ultimate Doom or The registered copy?

@Pritch .. I just went and triple backed up all my other wads . even this one even tho its highly messed up. I hope this crap dont happen again :(

@Danarchy Heh you dont like dead kennedys or misfits i presume? ;)

Skatepunk60 said:

@Danarchy Heh you dont like dead kennedys or misfits i presume? ;)

Yay I'm an op.

Anyway, I don't hate punk, its just that I was trying to make a stupid point. Actualy, most popular punk bands I'm not really partial to like the Ramones or Misfits or The Sex Pistols. THey always seem to have good lyrics, but I can't really tell because the music always annoys me. The only two punk bands I've really taken a liking to are Dropkick Murpheys and Propagandhi.

OT: If you like Dropkick Murpheys, then Flogging Molly will pwnz0r you.

heh, I should upload a Flogging Molly logo as an avatar just to spite you, Danny. ;)

The berserk pack is in Ultimate Doom E1M1. I don't know about the normal registered or shareware 1.9. I know that older shareware versions don't even have the graphics for the berserk pack in the doom.wad.

IMJack said:

heh, I should upload a Flogging Molly logo as an avatar just to spite you, Danny. ;)

Okay, I just put like 10 random Flogging Molly songs on queue on Kazaa because you said that, and because I think I'm tripping on something harsh.

/me does the same

but it may stay queued while all this J-pop finishes. There has to be a use for it, there just has to be.

To play repededly to people locked in your 'fun closet' until they vomit?

the_Danarchist said:

To play repededly to people locked in your 'fun closet' until they vomit?

You're an idea man aintcha

Yes. I never stop thinking.

Say, that reminds me about a thread I was going to post in R&R. Thanks for the reminder.

There's a legend in a bar with every scar
He's a big strong man with a child's man
Don't you take his booze away

meh, maybe someone said this, but there's a swastika (sp) in e1m5, there's no switch in e1m1 to open up that wall so you can go outside from the first room. There's no secret area near the room with ooze, and those are the only things that come to my mind right now.

You guys better thank me for uploading that DK.gif for you! :)

God...I uploaded that thing almost two years ago...how time flies... *sniffle*

Thanks Jello.

Orion, the swastika is only in much older versions of Doom like 1.1. It's probably changed in 1.666 and up.

They placed that ghey switch in E1M1 (on one of the pillars in the stairwell to the lookout tower) to accomodate deathmatch.

You're very welcome gokuma, you are very well mannered and polite. *insert an emoticon to denote jovial attitude*

I still remember when I played original doom, in e2m1 i had a shotgun guy facing it's back on me right where you start.

IMJack said:

Check out the Real McKenzies. I think they're on Epitaph now but they've always put on a good show. Fans of the Murphys should love the McKenzies. For some reason I'm not into Flogging Molly.. maybe it's the fans I've met or the insane hype behind them - dunno. Not a bad band, I just don't feel them.

orion said:

meh, maybe someone said this, but there's a swastika (sp) in e1m5, there's no switch in e1m1 to open up that wall so you can go outside from the first room.

Yeah, the swastika I think was only in 1.6666 and down in E1M4. They just gave it extra legs or something cause people found it offensive in v 1.9.

There's no secret area near the room with ooze, and those are the only things that come to my mind right now.

If you're talking about E1M1, I'm pretty sure all the secrets are the same, except for that extra little switch that allows you to access the courtyard w/ the blue armor from the starting room.

Here's something DK fans may like if you'd heard "A Commercial" on Bedtime for Democracy. I typed up an insane story for a Command & Conquer Red Alert (1) map I made which is actually a recreation of a final map from the original C&C which happens to take place in a certain country. If you're not familiar with the RA's story, someone went back in time and killed Hitler but in the new messed-up time line the Soviets ended up started WWII anyway. My story fits somewhat within that storyline. Anyway, it's capetown.txt here. This post may be further off-topic but at least I used the Doom wad authoring template for the text file.