Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mac-vile-whore

monsters and shit again

again here are my ideas...i think for the monsters for the next
doom they should do them in the style as they did them for doom64 cause they were a lot more scarier in that game,they should do all monsters like that (i.e. spider mastermind have him look kinda like doom64 arachnotron but make him alot bigger and put a big evil grin on his face)if they decide to do a wolfenstein level(they probably wont but anyway) they shud use some of the character models from the return to castle wolfenstien game.As for weapons:
1.double chainsaw like in n64-be able to hack n slash with it

2.dd4 dostovie or however you spell it that gun was cool in 00764

3.normal shotgun-MUST KEEP ANIMATION FOR IT!!

4.double-barrel shotgun-MUST KEEP ANIMATION FOR THIS ONE TOO!

5.machinegun-it shud fire 3/4 or 1/2 as fast as chaingun and have some kickback or something

6.chaingun or minigun-needs to have spin up and spin down delay

7.grenade launcher or hand grenades(both on same key

8. rocket launcher-needs bigger explosions and smoke needs to linger around like in real life

9.plasma gun-NEEDS to be like the one in doom64 with all the sounds and the cool electricity and the plasma balls too

10.railgun-something like the q3:arena one or like the quake2 one

11.demon laser-that one rocked,it needs to light up when it fires
and they should have you get those cool pentagram keys so you can power up the gun(and possibly for other things too)

12.flamethrower-needs to have real looking fire and buring too like the guys in the movies who run around buring going AAAAAAAA!!!i want there to be that type of real flames.

13.???-new one

14.bfg11k-it shud be as slow as the quake2 bfg and have major charge time,like when you fire it frst all these cool little green particles start getting sucked into the gun and than a loud whine and than the big green bastard fires,it slowly moves until it hits something,as it is moving around those lasers should come outta the ball and slowly take off health(like 5hp per sec)and when it hits something that demon or whatever is done for,than the normal thing it does like it explodes enimies close to you or whatever,than it shud make the ground earthquake a bit for a couple secs when it does a shockwave that wil take off about 50 health if you are in its path.

Oh and i forgot one small thing for the fists they should keep them but they should add hand-to-hand combat and they should have some lethal stuff to pick up and either swip,throw,or to stab you with.

whew that was a lot.Anyway please post your replies if you have any.

Guest T-N-T

I thought you liked the marine running picture? You changed that pretty quick.

Guest Humza

First of all, you should know I'm a pessimist and this is
probably a negative post.

I believe you're one of those who thinks about the weapons one
by one, you don't see all of them at the same time.
Your set of weapons would probably be inbalanced.
The weapons I'd like to take away from your weapon-set is:

The flamethrower. Sure, to lighten up dark passages would
be rather usefull but then the game wouldn't be really that
"scary", would it?

The railgun. It doesn't even belong in the DOOM-environment.
Just try to imagine, when you play the original DOOM, that
noice it makes when it's firing. It just wouldn't sound right,
it would sound awful.

The grenade launcher. This weapon is pretty effective. One
can easily kill enemies standing in another room below, just
starring at the "pineapple" when landing beside them.
But no.
This weapon just doesn't belong in the game either. The challenge
would be smaller if this weapon were to be used.

The lazer. The lazer is far too "cyber". It is used in almost all
movies that are kind of futureistic and take place in space.
DOOM isn't _really_ cyber, is it?

Maybe some of those weapons can be replaced by other weapons.

I have to comment your bfg11k too.
In every game this weapon has been used, it has been exaggerated,
I think.
When Id Software made the BFG for quake2 they probably had in
mind that it maybe shouldn't be that good.
I think that if there were to be a BFG in the next DOOM game,
there probably will be, it shouldn't be all that good.
It might use the cells but I think it should use all of them and
maybe depend the power of the shot on the quantity of cells used.
The shot should be slow, not as fast as the q3-BFG-shots and not
as slow as the q2-bfg-shots. The gun should make a lot of noise
that makes enemies near it hear it. And it should take about 5-10
seconds to fire.

As for the 2:nd weapon you listed:
I do not really know which weapon you are talking about and I
hope you do not mean the "dostoveil", the one one can use in
Golden Eye.
This weapon, I think, is too russian..?
I don't really know what the gun is called in DOOM, but I hope
it's not a dostoveil, because then I would have made a fool of
myself... :P

Graphics:
I haven't really thought of the graphics much but I do hope they
will use bump-mapping.

Damn Newbies, we alreaddy discussed this earlier damit.

Well... The d64 monsters were good for the most part - except for the cacodemon and cyberdemon, cacodemon actually resembles pain elemental from doom2 and cyberdemon was lame (shoulda looked better).

All the d64 guns looked good except the shotgun(s) and pistol. Weapons shud be like this:

#1) fist, pipe, chainsaw
#2) beretta, SMG
#3) shotgun (semi-auto), double shotgun (like Q2's)
#4) zombie rifle, machinegun, minigun (chaingun?)
#5) grenade launcher, rocket launcher
#6) plasma rifle, railgun, super pulse (ill explain later)
#7) BFG (like Q3's), BFG (like Q2's)

*No flamethrower because it wont hurt some enemies like imps or barons, doesn't fit into place with this new world - was made obsolete by the plasma gun and the later "spray" of the BFG.

*Two bfg modes, one of them sprays like plasma gun but does massive damage (like Q3's bfg), and another mode that shoots deathrays from it (like Q2's BFG).

*The super pulse would combine both a plasma beam and railgun at the same time - both are direct shot attacks with no travel time.

*Machinegun should shoot about as fast or a little faster than doom's chaingun did, minigun should shoot 3x as fast as that and have spinup/spindown.

*Rocket Launcher's rockets should be of a 25mm or 30mm variety housed in 5-shot clips, so you may actually be able to hold 50 of them (unlike the 120mm rockets marine had in doom2/doom that didn't have the explosive power of a 120mm rocket).

*When you pick up a better weapon in the same group you should be able to drop obsolete weaps so you keep going at a reasonable speed (and yes, when you pickup more stuff you should go slower).

*Demon Laser completely throws the game's plot and should'nt be included (I am personnally embarassed that they even used that doom bible idea, that completely sucked, doom bible sux and was only used to brainstorm original ideas for doom, anything that didn't make it into the game originally should stay out!)

Humza said:

I believe all games should have a Railgun but what I hate is that people seem to think it's some sort of spacey hi-tech futuristic weapon. It's not!
The Russians have the linea accelerator (the actually thing that fires tyhe projectile) in development since the Cold War.
You can even build a Railgun at home (go to ask.com and type Railguns).
Has anyone played Requiem Avenging Angel? The Railgun in that was what a Railgun would be like. It doesn't have all these fancy light effects (even though it does look interesting) but really it just has this *fsssss* sound.
The linea accelerator actually can cause objects to fire at a speed of over 15,000 miles per second which would cause the projectile to escape the Earth's gravitational pull causing whatever gets in the way (of the line of sight) to explode.
The Railgun is NOT a laser weapon, infact it imparts forward volocity without kick-back. Newton's law states that every action has an equal but negative re-action.
Whoa... phew, so I don't see why you wouldn't see a game like Doom3 not to have a Railgun even though a Plasmgun is way more advanced than a Railgun and it only burns so it (if set on Phobos) wouldn't breach any pressure containment causing everyone to implode and shit.
So as much as I LOVE a good old Railgun I don't believe it would do any good in Doom3 because of the whole can blast through think walls thing.
Imagine the scene, loads of demons... you've got a Railgun, you shoot once kills a bucket load of them the depleted uranium slug or whatever continues through (ripping through the demons at a REALLY excessive speed) the demons at then at the wall. Suddenly theres a breach and all the air starts sucking out of the tiny hole into the outside enviroment of Phobos and then poor old Doom Guy flies at the hole and starts having his insides sucked out, he's waving about as his own intestines being compressed and sucked. Suddenly there's not much left and then Earth's last line of defence (a single UAC space marine) is "doomed", pardon the pun and so Earth is "doomed" too.
Whoa... this sure is one hell of a long post.

Guest Relajo
T-N-T said:

I thought you liked the marine running picture? You changed that pretty quick.

DO NOT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL CHAINSAW FROM DOOM!!!!!!!

It was based on the one used on Evil Death II, so please, don't use the doom 64 crap, their chainsaw wasn't real....

Guest Humza
Bad Luck Ranger said:

Okay,I really did think it was a made-up futuristic spacey
weapon but now that I understand how it works I can see what
you mean.
The railgun really is a realistic weapon but I still don't
believe that it would fit in the arsenal (and the game).

As for the plasma; it really is possible to produce plasma but
we don't have anything to hold the plasma. So I guess it is not
a realistic weapon. Anyway the plasma has always been in DOOM and
so it should be in the next DOOM-game too.
I think ID Software made a misstake when they put a plasma-gun
in q3 even though the quake-games haven't got an actual common
arsenal.

Relajo said:

DO NOT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL CHAINSAW FROM DOOM!!!!!!!

It was based on the one used on Evil Death II, so please, don't use the doom 64 crap, their chainsaw wasn't real....

I have (actually I forgot I uploaded them) uploaded my Quake (and one Doom) fan fiction based on the Bad Luck Ranger (yeah, yeah I was too lazy to get a different domain) character.
Issue 4 mentions that the Chainsaw in Doom had a diamond-tipped chain-link.
Sure I don't know if John Carmack thought about the chainsaw being diamond-tipped but that's the only way I could see the chainsaw not buggerin' up afer slicing through so much flesh and bone!
My idea for the Doom3 chainsaw would like look like the machinegun in Q3A but instead of the four-cylinder barrels there would be the chainsaw blade. There would also be a flip handle like the chainsaws of today (and yes it was yellow in my idea).
If you like the Bad Luck Ranger stories I might do more... if I can be bothered but please... THEY AREN'T SERIOUS!!!
Oops.. forgot the link :
http://nebula.spaceports.com/~anarchi/badluck.htm

Humza said:

Okay,I really did think it was a made-up futuristic spacey
weapon but now that I understand how it works I can see what
you mean.
The railgun really is a realistic weapon but I still don't
believe that it would fit in the arsenal (and the game).

As for the plasma; it really is possible to produce plasma but
we don't have anything to hold the plasma. So I guess it is not
a realistic weapon. Anyway the plasma has always been in DOOM and
so it should be in the next DOOM-game too.
I think ID Software made a misstake when they put a plasma-gun
in q3 even though the quake-games haven't got an actual common
arsenal.

You're right about the Railgun not being in the game.
I did explain that there would be a safety risk, but if the game was set on Earth (please id don't!) then the Railgun would work.

As for creatures, well some of you might have read some of my earlier posts.
The end boss should be demonic, not robotic, why would the forces if hell use mundane weaponry when they could use angelic powers.
The Shub-Niggurath had this originality to it, it looked demonic and it had no defences (except Vore and Shambler body-guards) oh and weaponry had no effect on it. I remember the first time I played that level I kept shooting and dying, shooting and dying and did not prevail then I used the good ol' rule of telefragging.
Everyone's mentioned super imps but how about the original imps, same look but allow them to crawl on walls. Not fast or lethal as a Xenomorph from the Alien films but just as a defence, because I know for a fact that id will use alot of new AI techniques, just look at Quake3, most bots (like Erazer for Quake2) have 5 attributes that make up the bot personality (agresiveness, accuracy etc.) while (according to John Cash) the bots in Q3 had 15 attributes. So when the time comes for Doom3 to be released, the AI will enable the enemies to flee after they have just witness you slicing through that Demon. Imagine it... there's these five Imps feasting on a dead comrade, you enter the room, they look up, still with bits of bloodied flesh in their mouths, there eyes burn with rage as they snarl.
One jumps up and hurls a fireball at you, you dodge and the ball gauses the wall behind you. You run at the imp while firing your Chaingun. He shudders as the bullets enter him, blood splatters upon the wall behind the now dead imp. The imp drops, now there are four, three of them run at you at you have time to swing your chainsaw at their onslaught, one gets caught in the blade. You slice through him like a hot knife through butter, then there's three, you notice that the imp still by your half eaten comrade is getting nervous. You decapitate the other imp and then slice through the last while the other imp is backing away.
He leaps up on the wall and crawls deeper down the corridor you being the over confident grizzled space marine take pursuit.
The room's dark, you hear the growls and the engine of your own chainsaw. *Poot-poot-poot* goes the chainsaw as you decide to light up the area. The chainsaw goes dead as you upholster your Plasmagun, if this doesn't show that bastard imp, nothing will.
You fire *fzzzzzzzz*, the blue hot plasma balls fry a transformed human you never knew was there but where's that imp. Then there's a growl, he's above you he leaps and rips a lump of flesh from your bare neck, you try to yell but he's already started to knaw at your throat.
Should've saved it before shouldn't you?! Hehe...

Humza said:

Humza: The only thing I agree to is that a laser wepon doesnt belongs to Doom. But what you said against the flamethrower is completely nonsense: just because it would lighten up dark passages and that wouldn´t be scary?! Are you kiddin?!
Doom1/2 just hasn´t had a grenade launcher because you wasn´t able to look up or down! And Doom3 will have HORDES of enemies again (I hope so), so a grenade launcher must be there.
About the railgun --> just what Bad Luck Ranger said. It could be some sort of secret experimental weapon in Doom3m, like the plasma rifle was in Doom2 and there are so many possibilities how it could look like and sound like.

Bad Luck Ranger said:

I have (actually I forgot I uploaded them) uploaded my Quake (and one Doom) fan fiction based on the Bad Luck Ranger (yeah, yeah I was too lazy to get a different domain) character.
Issue 4 mentions that the Chainsaw in Doom had a diamond-tipped chain-link.
Sure I don't know if John Carmack thought about the chainsaw being diamond-tipped but that's the only way I could see the chainsaw not buggerin' up afer slicing through so much flesh and bone!
My idea for the Doom3 chainsaw would like look like the machinegun in Q3A but instead of the four-cylinder barrels there would be the chainsaw blade. There would also be a flip handle like the chainsaws of today (and yes it was yellow in my idea).
If you like the Bad Luck Ranger stories I might do more... if I can be bothered but please... THEY AREN'T SERIOUS!!!
Oops.. forgot the link :
http://nebula.spaceports.com/~anarchi/badluck.htm

Bad Luck Ranger: That´s what I was thinking about when I mentioned a "combat chaingun" in my own weapon list!

This didn't take long. Two weapon and enemy posts in less than a month.

The flamethrower doesn't belong in Doom 3. Nope. Not because it lights up dark areas, or because a later weapon makes it obsolete (pistol vs. chaingun), but because YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL A DEMON FROM HELL WITH A FLAMETHROWER. Doesn't make any damn sense! If it has to be there it should be a chemical flamethrower that burns like napalm and is practically more dangerous to you than to the enemy.

A plasma beam and a railgun at the same time? Hmm, that's... original. How would that work? The rail hits, and every few feet down the beam there's a plasma shot in-flight towards the same target?

As for the Plasma Rifle and what not, it's always been one of my favorite weapons. Right now we have "space age" plastics that are stronger than steel, it's not far fetched that in a few hundred years we are able to contain plasma. Even then, who says we're containing it? We take a charge from the battery, do whatever needs to be done to it as it's travelling through the gun, and when it combines with air then it's plasma. Sounds fine to me. In any case, it had better be more like Doom or even D64 before it's like that really gay one in Q3A. "It's a boy!"

Bad Luck Ranger, you make more sense that than whole damn movie 'Eraser'. BTW, why is it in the beginning when they wiped clean that one guy's identity they said, "You have just been Erased!" but for the rest of the movie when they said it they just killed someone?

Here's a fun tidbit of knowledge. Do you know why soldiers carry shotguns? Close quarters combat. You pump bullets into someone with an M16A1 up close and they can still return fire; the bullets just tear right through them so fast they can still react. Hit someone with a shotgun and you put the bastard down for good.

What about melee weapons? Fist; just punching is retarded (Here comes the night train!). You should do some hand-to-hand combat. Pipe; fire one is swing, fire two is block. I'm already in love with pipe-only deathmatches. To be honest, I like the idea of starting the game with this (seeing your character rip a pipe off of a wall to use as a bludgeon). Chainsaw; single bladed. There's just no damn thing as a 'combat chainsaw'.

The real question is, will there be any DEATHMATCH TRAP weapons, like Duke's tripbombs?

And what about ammo? Nobody repeated this so am I the only guy who wants multiple ammunition in Doom 3? It worked beautifully in Turok 2. Just press the ammo button and choose which one you want, your character unloads and reloads in the chosen munitions and you're ready to go. Just look at the possible versatility of the shotgun alone: Flares, 000, slugs, and explosive shells. Add in that some armor is better against explosions than stopping bullets, and you've got to do some real thinking. It puts a little strategy behind mindless shooting.

Aside from that, there should be a cheat code for unlimited ammo! That way I can run around with whatever I want for a while, the same way that I played Blood over and over with just that beautiful sawed off shotgun.

BTW, it's EVIL *DEAD* II, and I have the whole trilogy.

Guest Street

Hey! I'm the movie man here!
huge collection of movies. I got the whole EVIL DEAD TRILOGY along with Bruce Cambell's Autograph.
Director's Cut of all of them.
Limited Edition of Army Of Darkness and the Original Evil Dead.
hehehe anyhow.

For Monsters on DOOM, I don't care what people have to say. Monsters from DOOM monsters From DOOM 2.
I LOVE all them. they are great charicters (The one I cared less for were the chaingun guys)

anyhow for Weapons.

I want TO KEEP THE FIST Goddamnit! I love taken out Zombieez with my fist. We just need alot of animation for the first as well.
alright now.
1.Fist and Chainsaw and maby a Knife (Hey he is a Marine now, and Marines all have a Knife handy)
2.KEEP THE REVOLVER or Pistol! now we should also have a silencer for the Pistol.
3.Shotgun Double Barral Shotgun, 4 Barrel Shotgun would be nice too. (I've seen them they rule! I've also heard they now have 5 barrel shot guns but I've never seen them)
4.Minigun, (was thinking of a tommy gun but na) an Mp5 would be nice!
5.Rocket Launcher and flame througher (Thoughs Fat Fucks in DOOM 2 had one)
6.Plasma Rifle, Stun Gun?
7.Must Keep The BFG (Even though I'm not a BFG fan. to me it just waist ammo, and more of a cheaters or cowards way out.)
8. Hey how about for multi player, a nice self Destruct? yea I know that ALiens Vs. Predator got in trouble when they wanted to put in a self Destruct (oh yea I'm still depressed even after we told david stalker many of times what to do). anyhow dave I think did ask the fourm I went to if we wanted a self destruct. I was in favor of it, but people said many people would use it in a bad way. or a cheating way. so it would be a bad move.
but I still there are ways it could be worked out.

See everyone has one thing to thinka bout durring a deathmatch I think. and I think it makes it more fun. when EVERYONE has the feeling. You may be winning! But if I'm going down, I'm taken you with me. I LOVE fighting thoughs types of people in deathmatch. But I don't like how they will start off with the power weapons. GIve a challenge but give a chance.

after that you can pretty much add what ever the fuck you want...
i'd kinda like all guns to be sorta realistic. but some can come to fantasy. lets not forget they carry guns too, so I'm guessing they would carry guns that earth hasn't made but could use.

It wasn't a revolver, it was a Beretta. They hold 15 9mm rounds.

4 - 8 barrell shotguns were made by Remington for our soldiers in Vietnam. They were called 'Liberator Shotguns', and they tried several combinations and several gauges. None of them functioned too well.

The MP5A5 would be an upgrade to the pistol since they both use 9mm ammo. The minigun would work for the high power cartridges.

Stun gun? The hell?

Self-Destruct, that would be nice. However, you should set it up so that when you activate it you become paralyzed. This way, people who start it would be stuck until they go off so you can't rig yourself to explode and CHASE people.

Guest Street

well I know alot about guns. my dad has a HUGE selection of them.

though I just couldn't tell what he was holding as a pistol.
it looks like a Revolver to me.

I have a friend who has a 4 barrel Shotgun, thats how I know about them. But damn.. Can you imagin shooting one of thoughs things? damn I'm pretty strong, but hell I don't even know if I could.

There are many idea's that came to my mind for a Stun Gun.
It could be useful in ways. How about have you ever wanted to play around with someone? have them paralized and valnible to what ever you want to put them through?
Or how about the option like in Thief to pick them up and maby through them in a pool of acid.
or how about picking them up and dragging them to where you could use them..
I don't know what I coudl actully do with a stun gun.
but just look how cool the stun gun on Goldeneye was.
I think there could be some cool uses for it with a creative mind.

That is a very nice idea to make the self distruction work.
we said for Aliens Vs. Predator the predator laughs once he sets his self destruct.
giving you that time to get away.. not to mention he is compltly valunible when he is setting it up.
and it doesnt' have to be nothin big.
maby a few feet would be nice though.

but your idea works with me though. Make him paralized (maby turn him into differn't colors? hear a loud noise? to give you more of the idea to get your ass away?)

oh and another thing about stun guns. If I am correct, some military's have stun guns as another side arm.
Hell its Silent, it doesn't kill your enemy etc.
could help huge with stealth.
and the way we are being cencored now adays.
how much you want to bet that one president is gonna restrict use of ANYTHING but Stun Guns in wars.
That'd be kinda funny wouldn't it?
I bet you'd have a million wanting to kill his ass.
but then maby we wouldn't have the chance?

Guest Relajo

Sorry dudes I saw EVIL DEAD in spanish... I was guessing the translation ;)

--About Weapons:
Ok, chaingun has to be on the game, it's just part of doom, you can't change that..
Here are my ideas on weapons:
1-Chainsaw (Using somekind of Fuel)

2-Beretta 9mm (Reloading animation!!)

3-Combat shotgun (fast firing rate)

4-Chaingun (Quake II type)

5-Rocket Launcher (must have BIG RECOIL)

6-Plasma Gun

7-Nail Gun (industrial type, not Quake crap)

8-Enhanced Rocket launcher (Taken from dead Cyber demon)

9-Minigun (predator movie type)

10-BFG (With HUGE FUCKING DESTRUCTIVE POWER)

--About the enemies:
1-Don't touch the zombies!!!, they were made on the evil dead way, fast and deadly, instead of those crappy slow motion zombies from the living dead movies...

2-IMPs have to be tougher, maybe in diferent flavors (hehe) like someone said before

3- Panic Soldiers, well the FAQ says that when the soldiers were sent in, they returned screaming and attacking everything that moved...

4-THE ENVIORMENT AGAINS YOU! you are in hell man, hell will not be like a day on a park...

5-Cacodemons, bigger and badder, more types of attack...

--About some other stuff:

-You'll be playing as a marine, so you'll have to follow orders

-You can't be alone, you'll have to see other motherfuckers fighting on your side.

-Limited carring capacity

-Focus effects (Jeremy's idea I think)

-Real blood loss effects

-Maybe a few levels working as Dante vision of hell.

-Bobby Prince on the in-game music, Rob Zombie on the intro

-Cutscenes, not very often...

-A BETTER ENDING THAN THE ONE ON Q3A!!!!!!!

-The chance to chooe your path, diferent actions will take into diferent levels.

-Caracter choosing for diferent games, for example:
If you choose Flynn, you'll start on phobos, but if you chosse Arlene (?) you'll start someplace else.

deadnail said:

What are you talking about, if you could kill a demon from hell with simple bullets, why he should not get killed with flames?! Because hell = burning fire? That seems a little bit naive to me. Okay there are a few creatures like the Pain Elementals which are some way related to fire. But it would also be good, if you could use some weapons better against some enemies, as it already has been in Doom2: double shotgun kills a Demon, single shotgun kills three Zombiemen in a row etc. You maybe will have to fight against hordes of zombiemen and other humanoid beeings that can get hurt by a flamethrower!

Street said:

"my dad is harder than your dad!" "my dad is hulk hogan!" Goddamn, I remember saying shit like that when I was in first school... al those years ago. It wasn't a revolver... I'm guessing, either a berreta or a M92F. I own a M92F BB gun and when holding it like the Doom guy (yes, yes I've done that) it looks exactly like it. A revolver??? WTF!
Anyway, Deadnail (no "s") I haven't seen Eraser, I remember reading the review and thinking... oh look another shitty film about Arnie shooting stuff.
Stun gun? Whoa, you could imagine the picture couldn't you. "I'm Corporal Tagart of the UAC space marines, I was on a routine mission to Phobos when all these damn imps killed my friends, I'll make then pay by stunning them! Yeah! That'll teach 'em... I'll stun them 'til they pass out!" We're fighting for humanity in Doom, why would wer want any of the demons to live? I'm supprised you didn't mention putting a can of Mace in Doom3!
Don't even talk about changing the shotguns, man. People always refer to the Doom shotguns in other FPS' why change a classic. The design might look outdated but why change it? If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Why does everyone want to put new weapons in Doom3? Think about it for a moment, we're all on this forum because we still all play Doom! id must've done something right to keep us playing the game.
I love all the weapons... fist is cool with Berserker.
Chainsaw is a great weapon for close quarters with soldiers and imps.
The pistol is good for taking out the soldiers without wasting shotgun ammo.
The shotguns, they're great for taking most enemies out without wasting chaingun ammo.
Chaingun, good for killing larger enemies.
Rocket Launcher - supreme over kill for some smaller enemies and slows down the larger ones.
Plasmagun, kills most enemies easily.
BFG, kills almost all enemies (end bosses don't die from one shot).
Well, there's my argument!

Guest Street

no its just my dad has been a military man for years. He gets alot of guns.

Maby my memory just ain't clear on the pistol since I haven't played the game in a long tiem. BUT I remeber it looking more like a Revolver. Revolver's come in all types of sizes I remeber the 6 barrel.
but you don't have to reload in that game only for the Shotgun.

AND I DID not try to change the shotgun! I wouldn't ever do that.
but a 4 berrel shot gun wouldn't be bad eitehr. but I think I would ratehr keep the single berral shot gun.

I"M ALSO gonna state when I first thought of the Stun gun! it wasn't the gun or small little thing you are thinking of!
Not till Deadnail. I knew what he thought I was saying. And then I thought why not just a small stun gun. What could it be used for?!
Well it would bring a little more chellenge to the game.
for some enemy's you would have to go up and stun them get close and personal with them. stun them and there weakness appers. The small stun gun could work! if you really look at it.
but anyhow When I first stated the Stun Gun it wasn't the small shit thingy.
My idea was a garnade launching looking thing, that when the garnade landed it shocked you stunned or just totally froze you.
and it works from a distance and can hit groups.

not everything should be super violent or lead to death.
I like to toy with people. taunting etc.
I like alot of violence to. but I like using Stealth. Stun guns have great silence.
I also like to get up close and personal with my attacks.
Why does the CHainsaw and fist be the only weapons for close combat?
Hell Chainsaw is cool, but I don't see why we can't have other close combat weapons.

and to also state that you asked why would we want to keep the demon's alive?
Remeber I told you to use your brain with the thing.
maby some bad guys you have to keep alive.

Stun Guns are cool I think.

Guest Humza
Tetzlaff said:

Humza: The only thing I agree to is that a laser wepon doesnt belongs to Doom. But what you said against the flamethrower is completely nonsense: just because it would lighten up dark passages and that wouldn´t be scary?! Are you kiddin?!
Doom1/2 just hasn´t had a grenade launcher because you wasn´t able to look up or down! And Doom3 will have HORDES of enemies again (I hope so), so a grenade launcher must be there.
About the railgun --> just what Bad Luck Ranger said. It could be some sort of secret experimental weapon in Doom3m, like the plasma rifle was in Doom2 and there are so many possibilities how it could look like and sound like.

There are several reasons for me to think that the flamethrower
shouldn't be in the game.
When I said it shouldn't be in the game because of one could
easily lighten up dark environments and it would make the game
less scary, I was reffering to that mac-vile-whore wanted
the game to be "scary" and the flamethrower wouldn't help.

By the way, I think the "scary" part of the game is a _big_ part
of the game.

I don't really know about the grenade launcher but I can't see
what the fact that one couldn't look up or down would have on the
grenade launcher. Sure, one wouldn't be able to fire the grenade
up or down but one can't fire a rocket up or down either, witch
would be pretty helpfull.

deadnail said:

The Plasma/Rail thingy would work one of two ways:

*The rail-gun part shoots first and then a particle-acclerator underneith it shoots. The particle accelerator generates a plasma "beam" (no travel time, no projectile to dodge) and this starts eating away at the enemy while the rail-gun slug is en-route. When the rail-gun slug hits, it splatters everything that was just loosened-up by the plasma beam (hot burning gibs, and bodies with big smouldering holes in them).

or...

*The railgun fires and the magnetic array that just shot it charges up again to produce a super-heated plasma, this time a super-powerful magnet on the rear side (closer to the shooter) engages and the now-expanding plasma is hurled forward producing one of those "plasma beam" things. When the plasma beam catches up with the slug, it superheats and vaporizes it.
In effect, it makes a very large plasma ball composed of uranium-metal plasma instead of air particles (heavier, thicker) that is going at a very high velocity.

I like the first idea better because the second one would probably overheat.

...and I did say that the flamethrower was made obsolete by the plasma gun (plasma gun is practically a high-tech glorified flamethrower isn't it?).

Relajo said:

Goddamn Windows. I type a huge damn reply and Explorer crashes.

-The Plasma-Ray thingie seems cool enough. All it needs is a better name.

-Bullets kill a demon from hell because they puncture it's skin and damage it's internal workings. However, they usually hang out in fire so I don't see the usefullness of a flamethrower against most of the demons.

-Flynn Taggart has biceps that are larger than my chest. If anyone can handle a Liberator Shotgun it's him.

-I don't want to immobilize a demon from hell. I don't want to incapacitate a demon from hell. I want to put a bullet right between it's fucking eyes.

-Reloading animation on the Beretta? Nice. Secondary fire should bring it up right to the crosshair line so you're aiming down the sights like in real life. Fires slower but more accurately.

-Quake 2 chaingun AND Predator minigun? AND with limited carrying capacity? Damn bucko, that seems a tad bit much right there.

-Nail gun? What, are they doing much carpentry on Mars lately?

-BFG WITH HUGE FUCKING DESTRUCTIVE POWER? That sums it up. :) I just wish it was as dangerous to the user as it was to the victim.

-We all want a return of the original weapons and enemies, plus a lot of newer ones. All the zombies return, plus new ones in varying state of decay.

-Yeah, other motherfuckers on your side. (? Good use of the word 'motherfucker'. Eloquent.)

-Who came up with focus effects, me or Jeremy? Oh well, in any case it's brilliant. When reloading the Beretta in your hand the imp fifteen feet away should be blurred.

-Bobbie Prince, Rob Zombie, damn it all. NINE INCH NAILS HAS BEEN CONTRACTED. FUCKING QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT. EITHER ACCEPT IT OR AUTOMATICALLY HATE IT RIGHT NOW.

-Yes, right in the head.

-You like the multiple paths idea? Did you read my thread about that a few weeks ago?

-Q3A had an ending? Who knew? I didn't see one.

Anyways, what about an ULTRA BFG 69K or whatever?
Fire one shoots a lightning bolt that's about as wide as a 2 liter of pop. Takes 10 BFG ammo.
Fire two shoos the big old fashioned ball of death. Takes 40 BFG ammo.
Shooting the ball with a lightning bolt would cause a HUMONGOUS explosion. The BFG in the shooter's hand would also explode, and cause AT LEAST 99 damage to the user. :)

Fun fun fun.

Yeah, Deadnail (no "s"), still capitalized. Eesh. Why don't people just copy them exactly the way they're written? Fuck it; maybe I should just change my name to Col. Dickspit to fit in with some of the other names around here.

Guest zwei
deadnail said:

Q3A plasma is gay? Why is that? I thought it was okay, it probably could have used a faster firing rate?

Hey, the fist is what makes the DOOM marine so macho. Punching an imp to death is always satisfying...at least to me. he probably should have a kick ass looking brass knuckle on his fist though...
I'd like the idea of being able to block as a secondary fire. However, he should be able to block only melee type attacks and with take little damage?
Just a pipe weapon to start the game? Interesting idea, but you'd think as a space marine, he'd at least have some sidearm to begin with right?

Multiple ammo selection. Again, it's an interesting idea but I don't think it would work well in DOOM. DOOM/DOOM2 was simple but fun, I really don't see why this should change in DOOM3. The gameplay should have evolutionary factors though, and IMHO, innovation does not necessarily equate to fun.

Unlimited ammo cheat code? Haha, good idea..the old return of the classic ID cheat code. Something for people to toy around with when they're bored. =)

Z.

Q3A plasma is gay because it looks like a newborn baby boy's bedroom. I hate the colors and I hate how clean and round it looks. The original plasma rifle is much better, all fucked up and dirty looking. Much more realistic.

I don't doubt now that the marine needs to start with his pistol and his fists. That's just the classic, all important weight of the situation feel that Doom always had. Fire 2 with punches would be kick; you have to stop moving, but you send enemies flying. Fire 2 with the pipe would be block, just like sword fighting.

Turok 2 is the first game to use multiple ammuntion, as far as I know. It doesn't have to be innovation, but it's just adds so damn much to gameplay how can it be ignored?

deadnail said:

If you want to type a long message in a forum just type it up beforehand in notepad. You can save it as you go along, then just copy 'n' paste it into the reply window.
That way, you aren't at the mercy of IE when it decides to wander off to the mall for a chocolate soda or something. :)

Guest sacrifice

ahem.....sawwed off double barrel pump shotgun(to cheap?)