Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BATMAN

BFG9000 or 10k

Guest BATMAN

I'm wondering which gun you guys liked more the bfg9000 or the bfg10k from q3:a? I like the 9000 way more than the 10k:
1, it does take longer to load and fire but thats what makes it fun when you her that thing loading up you yell shi%!! and run like hell. In q3 it shoots way fast and and does a splash damage. And your not scared of it.
2, I like how the 9000 does damage with the green blob than does damage from you after it hits something. The 10k is more like a fast rocket in q3:a.

In Q3A the BFG had it's own ammo. Doom 3 damn well better have two fire modes. Fire mode A fires off the rapid style, Fire mode B shoots off the crowd killer at the expense of 50 times the ammo or whatever.

Works for me, puts both in there and makes everyone happy. Of course, I think that if you kill yourself with the BFG you should loose TWO frags, not just one. Also, when firing the huge blast you should be flung through the air like you just got hit with a rocket.

Guest Kaopectate

y stop at secondary fire?
they should call it the BFG50K since it's should be a few generations ahead...
It should fire like original DOOM, fire like they intended it to (with the streaming stuff) and the way it almost came out in the game (fires these weird balls all over the place)...that would be kewl..forget the 10K..I hate it

deadnail said:

In Q3A the BFG had it's own ammo. Doom 3 damn well better have two fire modes. Fire mode A fires off the rapid style, Fire mode B shoots off the crowd killer at the expense of 50 times the ammo or whatever.

Works for me, puts both in there and makes everyone happy. Of course, I think that if you kill yourself with the BFG you should loose TWO frags, not just one. Also, when firing the huge blast you should be flung through the air like you just got hit with a rocket.

have you guys forgotten about the quake2 bfg10k the one in q3a sucks but the one in quake2 was good (trust me u r afraid in quake2 dm when someone gets the quake2 bfg10k trust me) it also had splash damage those cool deathrays and that thing that hit other guys after it hits something like in doom so the one in quake 2 was really good.

Guest Sabreclaw

q2 BFG rocked ass. It looked more military rather than prototype like the 9k was. I still don't like the rays, because it supports the if you're on their screen, you die. It needs bigger splash damage (firing a ball of plasma that big would spread far on detonation)

deadnail said:

Yes I think this is a good idea. Having the primary fire shoot like the BFG10k in Q3, and in secondary shoot like the BFG in Doom or Q2. I also think the name BFG50K sounds kewl too. But whata bout looks? Should it look like a monster chunk of tech like in Doom, or more sleek and smooth like in Q3? I really dont know.

Guest DoomManiac
Sabreclaw said:

q2 BFG rocked ass. It looked more military rather than prototype like the 9k was. I still don't like the rays, because it supports the if you're on their screen, you die. It needs bigger splash damage (firing a ball of plasma that big would spread far on detonation)

I don't know what the big gun in the Quake games look like (cause I don't like Quake and play it that much because it can't measure up to Doom) but I think the format of the BGF9000 should stay. Though I think a secondary mode would be good also. I think the BFG(insert number) should be a say, hand held photon torpedo launcher or nuke launcher. Heh heh. You wouldn't have to worry about the shockwave anything because the gun would come with a build in personal shield generator for you. You could stand at ground zero and point the bastard at the ground and BOOM. God that would be sweet. Be in a HUGE DM level and feel the ground rock and turn and look over a distance, say a few football fields, and see a mushroom cloud. Yeah I sound crazy, but that is the way an "ultimate weapon" in a game should be to me.

Guest zwei

The BFG9k in DOOM2 would definitely be my pick. People actually fear you in Deathmatch if there were little or no walls. Those things pack a punch although I agree with many of the other posters, a secondary rapid fire mode would be nice ala Q3A style.
But the old crowd disposer is what I REALLY want back. heh, and definitely bring back the old punch. Nothing is more satisfying than punching the living shit and daylights out of your opponent on bezerk (now quad damage). The gauntlet doesn't work for me, it's just not the same as a good old punch right cross =)

Guest Sabreclaw
DoomManiac said:

I don't know what the big gun in the Quake games look like (cause I don't like Quake and play it that much because it can't measure up to Doom) but I think the format of the BGF9000 should stay. Though I think a secondary mode would be good also. I think the BFG(insert number) should be a say, hand held photon torpedo launcher or nuke launcher. Heh heh. You wouldn't have to worry about the shockwave anything because the gun would come with a build in personal shield generator for you. You could stand at ground zero and point the bastard at the ground and BOOM. God that would be sweet. Be in a HUGE DM level and feel the ground rock and turn and look over a distance, say a few football fields, and see a mushroom cloud. Yeah I sound crazy, but that is the way an "ultimate weapon" in a game should be to me.

Honestly, Q2 was the only quake game I really found worth it. Only because it used USMC again (Go Space Marines!). Anywho, the 10k was just a smaller, easier to carry version of the 9k, with ltiile cheezy beams that shot out at people as it passed them. It was good, but not as good as the 9k.