Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SunDance

just the 3

Guest SunDance

If there is a Railgun, i ll scream and give me a headshot!
Please let there be a shotgun, the good old SPAS12,

thx.

You want the Half-Life shotgun in Doom 3?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see another hunting shotgun in Doom, I'd much sooner see it modeled after an M10 or another real military shotgun, but I think we need to let Half-Life rest a few more years before we can touch some of that material safely again.

We don't need people calling Doom 3 a clone.

As for Railguns... well, ID seems to have fallen in love with the idea. Don't kill yourself over it. 8Þ

Well spoken. Half-shotgun out, Railgun in! I'm just looking foward to the BFG, and better not dissapoint me like Q3:A's!!!

Guest DoomManiac

I for one hated the railgun. I hope it is not in Doom 3. For the shotgun, just stay with the Doom pump action and the double barrel. Me, I am a chaingun man. I hope they put a big ass one that would make the chaingun in Unreal Tournament look small.

Jeremy said:

Well spoken. Half-shotgun out, Railgun in! I'm just looking foward to the BFG, and better not dissapoint me like Q3:A's!!!

The BFG on Q3 resembles an armadillo if you look at it from the side.

Shotgun needs to be semi-automatic (sorry, no more pumping), but it needs to be slower than in real-life (benelli autoloader) to keep game balance.

Minigun should be the next step above chaingun, and needs to be slower here (ditto from shotgun) - like 900 rounds/min instead of reality's 3000 round/min rate.

Guest Relajo
DoomManiac said:

I for one hated the railgun. I hope it is not in Doom 3. For the shotgun, just stay with the Doom pump action and the double barrel. Me, I am a chaingun man. I hope they put a big ass one that would make the chaingun in Unreal Tournament look small.

Any shoygun will work for me, as long as it is a 8 gauge.

Sundance: Die häßliche Halflife-Flinte hat in einem Spiel wie Doom3 nichts verloren! Die Schrotflinten müssen fett designt sein mit einem Hauch von Nostalgie. Und eine Art Railgun, die zwar anders aussieht als die Quake-Rg, aber genauso funktioniert wie diese muss es einfach geben, da die Railgun eine von Id´s besten Erfindungen ist und das Spiel bereichert.

Relajo said:

Any shoygun will work for me, as long as it is a 8 gauge.

I've fired plenty of shotguns. The double barrelled 10 gauge I fired almost killed me from the kickback when I was 12. An 8 gauge? What the hell would an elephant gun be doing on Mars? You know that they only make slugs for 8 gauges, right? Even then, one shot should throw you back five feet and take off 10 life! That one shot would blow a hole the size of a VW Bug right through ten lined up Cyberdemons though... hell, who needs a railgun with one of those things?!

BTW, Tetzlaff, thanks for clearing that all up. :)

Jeremy said:

I explained in an earlier post why the Railgun wouldn't and shouldn't be in Doom3 (if the game is set of Phobos that is).

Guest JudgeDooM

The shotgun in Doom wasn't a SPAS-12. It looked a little bit like the mossberg 500.