Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

~OVER ALL~

MUST STAY: CACODEMON, CYBERDEMON, BARRON o' HELL, DEMON, SPIDERMIND.

MUST NOT BE IN: NO MECH, NO CYBORG CRAP LIKE QII!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is how it shoould go..
Weapons...
CHAINSAW, DBSG, CHAINGUN, ROCKET, GRENADE, PISTOL, BFG20k, BFG11k, BFG10k, BFG9000, MACHINEGUN, LASER, RAILCANNON, MINES, KNIFE, FIST, LOOSE OBJECTS, LIGHTNING GUN!
That is a perfect arsenal..
Music...
DONT MATTER. NO CD PATCHES *ALWAYS* COME OUT ONLINE, AND YOU CAN BURN WHATEVER YOU WANT! EG. DOOM MUSIC FROM BOBBY PRINCE!
See? ..
Levels...
MORE DOOMISH THAN DOOMII'ISH, WE WANT TO GET THAT GOOD OLD FEELING DOOM GAVE US! DOOMII'ISH LEVELS CAN BE IN THO!
Isnt that what we want? ..
Textures...
GOTHIC/HELL, CITY, SPACE. NUFF' SAID!
Thats DooM for you..
Realism...
WE DONT WANT TO "OVERDOE" THE GAME. IF ITS BETTER THATN Q3, THATS GOOD FOR ME!
Really..
Internet...
OF COURSE, *LOTS* OF MULTIPLAY, AND GOOD Ol' CO-OP. LEVEL EDITING WILL BE EASIER THAN EVER!
What more? ..
The End...

Um, I think you meant 'Baron of Hell' and 'Spider Mastermind'. In any case, I'm fine with iD completely redoing the cast of enemies. They hooked us the first time around.

No mech or cyborg crap like Q2, yet you want the Spider Mastermind to remain. Be consistent.

No shotgun, but the DBSG? Grenade; how, thrown or launched? Machinegun, so you want 3 bullet weapons and 1 shell weapon? Rain Cannon; I assume you mean Railgun. Mines; a little bit vague. Expand on those. Loose objects; like what, throwing rocks? Why would I throw a rock when I have a knife? I wouldn't call this a perfect arsenal.

NiN is doing the soundtrack. The *No CD Patch* from crack sites never really seem to work anyways. Quake 3 still has some support for midi so it only follows that Doom 3 will as well. You could sooner make an elaborate autoexec.cfg then break the law.

I don't care how the levels are. Then can flow like Doom or like Quake 2. I don't want to try to limit how they should be. If the levels suck then the game will too. iD knows what they're doing. Maybe *YOU* want the old tally screen and completely linear gameplay again, I'd like to think Doom has evolved somewhat in the last decade.

Doom had more textures than you just listed. Doom also had water, grass, dirt, stone, and wood textures. Hell, there should be enough textures to make any sort of level you want.

I agree about 'overdoing' the realism factor. So long as the game is more realistic than Q3A I'll be happy as well. Just no more Goddamn weapons half the size of your character, it's too cartoony to be enjoyable.

I doubt editing will be easier than ever. I also doubt that the level editor will be included on the CD.

Whew. That's better. And no damn tildes!

Gernades are thrown and luanched. Spidermind, it is not the Q2 type of Cyborg is it? I think not. Q2 has human cyborgs, and stupid robots! And no, im not mistaken by the names, I put them shorter, would you really rather write "Spider MasterMind" or "Spidermind"?? Yeah, I thought so. And I meant the RAILCANNON! NOT RAINGUN, there is a diff you dumb ass! A railcannon shoots a swirly laser/plasma beam, while the rail"GUN" {which you called a raingun} shoots bullets. And why have a sbsg if you have a dbsg? Damn, you are one dumb arguing bitch! And the BFG is upgradable, there is not four. Loose objects, say you are out of ammo, and there is an imp in the distance, you pick up a chair and throw it at him. And the mines? Say a Baron "of" hell is coming around the corner, kaboom, there goes his leg, while your already a mile away. THERE, BLUNTLY PUT, DUMBASS!!

Guest Ancient Warrior

I have this to say

1)The game in my opinion, needs a intense, storydriven style of gameplay like half life is done.

2)The game shouldn't necessarily be "obviously" hell. The aliens should cleverly use multi structured environments, and use environs like calm meddows and flourishing forests, as well as the obvious backgrounds, to throw you off and provide big time suspense (since after all, how many people expect a ambush of imps in the meddows?) Hell isnt just about fire and brimstone. I think that hell is also flexible to tailor to the peopel that reside in it. Therefore mental delusions, flashbacks, etc. should always happen at the WORST time.

3)Weapon selection, needs to simply kick ass. I have faith in Id on this though.

4)I loved the quake series personally. I find it very fun single or multiplayer. However, Quake was missing something that doom wasnt. This is very important.

5)Fully manipulative environment.

Jeremy said:

Gernades are thrown and luanched. Spidermind, it is not the Q2 type of Cyborg is it? I think not. Q2 has human cyborgs, and stupid robots! And no, im not mistaken by the names, I put them shorter, would you really rather write "Spider MasterMind" or "Spidermind"?? Yeah, I thought so. And I meant the RAILCANNON! NOT RAINGUN, there is a diff you dumb ass! A railcannon shoots a swirly laser/plasma beam, while the rail"GUN" {which you called a raingun} shoots bullets. And why have a sbsg if you have a dbsg? Damn, you are one dumb arguing bitch! And the BFG is upgradable, there is not four. Loose objects, say you are out of ammo, and there is an imp in the distance, you pick up a chair and throw it at him. And the mines? Say a Baron "of" hell is coming around the corner, kaboom, there goes his leg, while your already a mile away. THERE, BLUNTLY PUT, DUMBASS!!

The Doom series has several cybernetic enemies, namely the Arachnotron, Mancubus, Spider Boss (THAT is how you say it), and of course the Cyberdemon.

I would imagine that (if the new game is set after Doom 2 and is not a remake), hell would have begun using even more technology, hence more cybernetically enhanced creatures. It'll suck if the hellspawn in the new game only use evil magic and stuff.

On this "railcannon" idea. Eh, how could deadnail know there was a difference when you just made this railcannon thing up? Mankind doesn't have telepathic abilities you know.

You can't be much of a Doomer if you don't know the advantages the shotgun has over the super shotgun. It's a lot more accurate, hence you can use it on creatures further in the distance; it takes a hell of a less time to reload; you don't waste ammo on weak creatures such as the Zombies and Imps.

Anyway, I like the upgradeable BFG idea. That'd be cool :)

Jeremy said:

Gernades are thrown and luanced? Nice spelling, heheh. I'm being argumentative in an attempt to get you to be more descriptive so we don't have to ask these questions. Just take your time and say it completely the first time. Ok, ok, you want the Q2 style grenades. Fine. I got it.

I'd rather have the full names, but that's just me. We all knew what you meant anyways. You thought so? You're wrong. I don't really like abbreviations that much.

There are several types of real life railguns. The "Railgun" in the iD sense is taken directly from the movie "Eraser". Being a gun freak, I find it odd that I've never heard of a "RailCannon". It's obvious your character can't use a 1000+ pound rail mounted machinegun; we're talking equippable weapons, not ground mounted weapons. Thanks Nightmare (sorry if the caps bothers you), I can't read someone's mind when they just make things up then get real defensive like I should've just known.

The DBSG becomes near-useless at 75+ feet out, whereas the SBSG is still quite handy. A sidenote, the SB fires 7 pellets yet the DB fires 20... quite a bonus, unfortunately it only really counts within 15 or most just hit wall. Ooh, I'm a dumb arguing bitch. *sniff*

Ok, you run out of ammo, you start winging what's near you. That's what I thought you meant although you never clearly explained it. I kinda like that idea; don't get defensive again, I'm serious. It has it's charm. :) Slow the sucker down while you hunt for more ammo... heheh. It would genuinely add to that hectic 'alone and trapped' feel.

Oh, that's what you meant by mines? Directly placed floor mines that detonate with direct pressure? Got it. Then again, you could've meant bouncing bettys. Or infared laser mines. The game "Eradicator" has so-called mines that are really these little bombs that roll around and home in on enemies. There are several types of mines, kiddo, I was trying to get you to say exactly what you want.

Don't call me a dumbass just because you're too lazy to be descriptive in the first place! I wasn't arguing, bucko, I was trying to wring out some information from your vague descriptions!

deadnail said:

NiN is doing the soundtrack.

*weeps quietly in corner*