Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Acid One

some more members...

Guest Acid One

Why not add the feature of actually see your lower members, like your legs and foots when you scroll the screen down..?
I've never seen this in ANY FPS.
I think it isn't SO dificult to code, but I can be wrong.

What do you thing, people?

(i'm very sorry about any typos and mistakes, my english is not THAT well...)

Guest LittleMissEbola
Acid One said:

Why not add the feature of actually see your lower members, like your legs and foots when you scroll the screen down..?

I think it isn't SO dificult to code, but I can be wrong.

It probably isn't too difficult to code, but I'm wondering how grainy it would look... if it were smartly anti-aliased etc. it would probably take up too much processor power for a relatively minor feature.

$0.02ยข

-LME

Linguica, why did my account get deleted?

It can be done. The only side effects are clipping issues and blurry textures. Here's the lowdown:

Right now, players consist of two model sets. The only one you see while playing is the weapon model. The actual player model is only viewed from 3rd person, such as in deathmatches. Since your player model isn't displayed, just the weapon model, when you look down you see nothing. In reality, you're just a floating gun. This is also why in multiplayer you never see someone else actually reload their gun. Even in Half-Life and SoF, you just hear it, the model doesn't show it.

I posted about this around two months ago, newbies. :)

My idea is to simply make it one model. You'd be playing as your deathmatch model, so to say. To do this, they would place the camera directly in front of the model's "eyes". When you look down, you'd see your chest and feet. When you strafe, you'd see right over your shoulder. All of the animations would have to be put into the actual player model this way, giving the wonderful bonus of seeing exactly what your targets are up to in a fragfest.

The big downfall to this is texturing. The Voodoo3 is still limited to 256x256 textures. Right now, in Q3A, that's 256x256 for the player and 256x256 for the gun you see. Combine them and you'd see a lot less detail.

However, if you have S3TC on your video card, you can play UT with textures that are in all actuality 1024x768! So it's not too far fetched anymore.

The other bonus? You guys remember Duke Nukem: Time to Kill for PSX? Well, it was third person. You saw your model reload, press switches, and climb ladders realistically. Now, just imagine the camera right in front of his eyes. You'd see everything, even the switch flipping!

That still bothers me. Why is it that the switch is just magically pressed while no hand comes up to hit it? This single model idea would fix that as well.

There are other bonuses to this, but I can't remember them.

Anyone else care to elaborate?

Guest JudgeDooM

In Montezuma's revenge (or return--I don't remember), u can see your arms and legs when u look up or down. But it's not a good quake-like...

Guest c-d-w

there's a mod like that for Quake 3. I forget what it's called, and don't feel like waiting six hours for planetquake to load. - It puts your view on the model's head. I never tried it, but the screenshots I've seen look okay.

Guest Sabreclaw

It was done for some Jurassic Park FPS. Only you were a girl and could look down at your poorly done chest. But this was also the same game that the mouse controlled your arm and you had to literally pick up the items.