Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

Other video games...

...well, since in that thread, "Why, what big teeth you have..." everyone listed what games they own but me, so I figured what the hell I'd make it up here.

Oh, and to keep this vaguely focused on Doom 3, lemme state that I hope in Doom 3 when you shoot something living it spurts blood and leaves trails but when you shoot a zombie the blood just sorta trickles out since their heart doesn't pump. Okay, that said...

PC Games
========
Doom (+The Master Levels and 1853 user Wads [408Mb])
Doom 2 (Most of the above wads are really for this)
Quake
Quake 2 (No mods or expansions: I've played it to death)
Quake 3 Arena (A few mods, like Excessive Overkill)
Heavy Metal: FAKK 2
SiN
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition
Half-Life
Opposing Force (Expansion to Half-Life)
Unreal ($15, what the hell eh?)
Unreal Tournament (Too bad I have a 56K and hate lag)
Heretic
Heretic 2 (If you don't have it, get it! :)
Hexen
Soldier Of Fortune
Blood
Blood 2: The Chosen (Hey, I like this game.)
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division (Hey, I hate this game.)
Descent (Decent)
Strife (Awesome, get it at theunderdogs.org)

I also have several various emulators, with 164 arcade roms [281Mb] and 507 SNES roms [744Mb]. zSNES at 640x480 with interpolation on looks simply beautiful!

Luckily I keep them (and everything I need to hide) on my separate 13 gig hard drive so I don't have to deal with uninstalls or any of that other crap.

As for console games I had around 20 NES games but ended up pawning them all off. I got a few Genesis cartridges, well, the ones I didn't use as makeshift clay pidgeons anyway. The SNES cartridges I have are somewhere in my sock drawer with my rarely used N64.

N64 Games
=========
Turok 2 (I want 3 but I'll wait for the PC version)
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (Absolutely awesome, highly recommended!)
F-Zero X (The ONLY racing game I like, INCREDIBLE WHEN DRUNK! :)

Dreamcast Games
===============
Marvel vs. Capcom (I really want the sequel)
SoulCaliber (Great, but short)
Sonic Adventure (It's actually fun, creepy isn't it?)

Let me also state that the Dreamcast has the absolute WORST controller design in history! The 3D0 had a nice feature... the headphone jack was right in the controller! Why haven't they duplicated that? Oh, and have you seen the controllers for the GameCube? Wow, Nintendo, a controller that only requires 2 hands? How generous of you. :Þ

Playstation Games
=================
Brave Fencer Musashi ($15, and it's fun too; kinda short)
Breath Of Fire 3 (DAMN is this game long!)
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (First game I bought!)
Contra: Legacy Of War (Sucks hard, at least I didn't pay for it)
Darkstalkers 3 (Decent at best, also free :)
Duke Nukem: Time To Kill
Ehrgeiz
Einhänder (Possibly the BEST SHOOTER EVER MADE)
Elemental Gearbolt
Final Fantasy Anthology (I got it for the movies, $40)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
G. Darius
Jade Cocoon (Got it free, should've refused! :)
Legend of Legaia
Legend of Mana
Marvel Comics X-Men vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Megaman 8 Anniversary Collectors Edition
Megaman X4
Omega Boost (Also great, never recognized though...)
Parasite Eve (Damn that chick is hot!)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil: Survivor
R-Type Delta
R-Types
Star Ocean: The Second Story (Maybe the best RPG for PSX?)
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Silent Hill (If you don't own this, BUY IT!)
Thunderforce 5

Yeah, that's a lot of PSX games. I got them all when they hit shelves too, usually paying between $35-$45 for them. I enjoy all of these games (except the ones I ripped on :) and plan on keeping them for a damn long time. Maybe a few years down the line a PSX emulator that actually WORKS will be released and then I can relive the classics with higher framerates.

Bleem looks nice, but only works with about 4 games. EVERY game I try I get horrible errors.
Connectix VGS looks like crap, but seems to basically work. However, it looks like crap, so I sooner play the games on a real PSX 'cuz they look better coming out of my kickass Samsung TV.

Naturally, as you can guess by my owning so many video games that I genuinely dislike humanity. People suck. No one knows how to drive, everyone pays with checks, and every sorry loser without a life wants to tell me his sob story. Screw 'em all.

I'm inherently anti-social. Screw everyone. Everyone I actually meet nowadays is so damn annoying I can't figure out why someone hasn't killed them yet.

deadnail said:

Heretic 2 (If you don't have it, get it! :)

You gotta be kidding. Oh sure, it's nice to look at, but have you ever tried playing it? Simple tasks like walking forward and looking up and down will have anybody with their fists through their monitors in a matter of minutes. Gameplay + Control = 1/10!

Guest dylangivens

Here's my list :)

PC Games
-------
Doom
Doom 2 (+wads (not sure how many))
Myst
Riven
Insanity Channel RPG (game I'm making)
KiSS Pyscho Circus (this game sucks)
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 3 Arena (LOTS OF MODS including the one I'm Making that is a FAN DooM Game)
Sin
Half-Life
Unreal Tournament
Descent
Descent 2
Descent 3

Emulation
---------
ZSnes and Snes9x with allmost every american game and aton of cool imports. (roughly 1.6 gig)
DGen (few games not many)
MAME and Impact (huge aracde selection 2.89 gig)
Virtual Boy (every gameboy game in exsistence roughly 500mg)
UltraHLE and Nemu64 (only the games I own :p)
PSEmu, Bleem and Game Station (same as above)

Emulation ROCKS! Exspecially when playing Crono Trigger at 640x480 with all the feautures on max. The sounds isn't perfect though. Only 41???khz)

N64 Games
---------
DooM 64
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat 4
Turok 1 2 RageWars
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
F-Zero X
Dikatana
Donkey Kong 64
Mario 64
Mario Kart
Mario Party 1 and 2
Zelda 64

Dreamcast Games
---------------
Frame Grind
Sonic
Soul Caliber
House of Dead 2
Mortal Kombat Gold
Chu Chu Rocket
Space Channel 5
GOT Quake 3 Preordered
Trick Style

Playstation Games
-----------------
Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy 7 8 and 9 (9 is an import)
Too Many CDR's too count (mostly imports)
Parisite Eve 1 and 2
Gundum Wing Game (not sure)
Sailor Moon Fighter
Q*Bert
Xena
Tomb Raider
Both DooM Games

Lüt said:

You gotta be kidding. Oh sure, it's nice to look at, but have you ever tried playing it? Simple tasks like walking forward and looking up and down will have anybody with their fists through their monitors in a matter of minutes. Gameplay + Control = 1/10!

I found the control in that game to be quite effective! I used my standard FPS control setup.

Arrow Up: Walk forward
Arrow Down: Walk backward
Arrow Left: Strafe left
Arrow Right: Strafe right
Control: Crouch
Keypad 0: Jump

Mouse 1: Offensive
Mouse 3(Middle): Use
Mouse 2(Right): Defensive

That worked quite well with mouselook always on. I never had any control problems in that game. The enemies are usually placed in bastard sniper spots so you need that kind of aiming capability to nail the suckers.

I have too many console carts/discs to list and there's too many gray areas with PC stuff, so I'll just list some of my best stuff.

PC:
Doom and every game based on its engine
Death Rally
One Must Fall
Warcraft 2
Command & Conquer
C&C Red Alert
Samurai Shodown 2 (NeoGeo version is surely the best but overpriced)

Dreamcast:
Marvel vs Capcom (4 players!)
MvC2 (cool but every character that was already in a game isn't as good anymore)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (3 players! Slamming two friends back and forth across the screen with Zangief is a riot. As soon I land from slamming one, I grab the other and do a different slam if close enough. I choose my slams to try and end up close to the other victim. The graphics aren't nearly as good as Japanese Saturn but still way better than playstation.)
Street Fighter 3 Double Impact
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (very eccentric and many characters are a bit geigh but great once you get used to it)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (regardless of how much I suck at real skateboarding)

Saturn:
Guardian Heroes (6 players!)
Imports:
Fire Prowrestling S: 6men Scramble (6 players with everyone from Hulk Hogan to Ken Shamrock to Jericho, sprite based not the crappy 3D Fire Pro game)
Demon Castle Dracula X: Nocturne in Moonlight (AKA Castlevania SOTN)
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes vs SF (Norimaru isn't in the domestic PSX and Arcade versions)
X-Men: Children of the Atom (Juggernaut isn't playable in the domestic version. Both bosses are playable in the PC version though)
Marvel Super Heroes (Anita isn't playable in the domestic version)
Street Fighter Zero 3 (Alpha 3)
Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3)
King of Fighters 97

NES:
Super Dodgeball, World Cup Soccer, Nekketsu Koukou Soccer (Japanese version of WCS which is very different), and CNTB Street Challenge (not your ordinary lameass sports games)
River City Ransom
Double Dragon 1, 2, 3
Renegade
Dragon Warrior 3 and 4
Castlevania 1, 2, and 3
Contra and Super C
Skate of Die!
Zelda 1 and 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2
Ultima games (Gimme flowers! No, die!)
Kung Fu
Karate Kid (The game is good even though the lame movies suck horribly)

SNES:
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Contra 3
Saturday Night Slam Masters
NBA Jam TE
Super Castlevania
Super Bomberman 2
Earthworm Jim 2
Robocop vs The Terminator
Actraiser (Thank you for slaughtering us, master!)

Genesis:
Contra Hard Corps (but life bar is removed from US version. Game Genie can reasonably counteract that BS though)
Castlevania Bloodlines

Atari:
Missile Command
Warlords
Pong Sports

Gaystation versions of 2D Capcom fighters... Pfffttt.... Ha ha ha!! Ha he*cough* *hack* hwarf*

Guest TossMonkey
deadnail said:

I found the control in that game to be quite effective! I used my standard FPS control setup.

Arrow Up: Walk forward
Arrow Down: Walk backward
Arrow Left: Strafe left
Arrow Right: Strafe right
Control: Crouch
Keypad 0: Jump

Mouse 1: Offensive
Mouse 3(Middle): Use
Mouse 2(Right): Defensive

That worked quite well with mouselook always on. I never had any control problems in that game. The enemies are usually placed in bastard sniper spots so you need that kind of aiming capability to nail the suckers.

WOW!!! I wish I had that many games!!! ahhh. Well I think I ought to apologise for what I had said in an earlier post about you lot getting lives (ie buying different games :). Well Im sorry for being a d1ck head. As for my collection of games -

Pc

Quake 1,2 and 3
Half-life and OpForce
UltimateDoom and Doom II
Heretic 1
Total Annihilation
Blade Runner
Unreal1 and Unreal Tournament (which I make maps for)
the 11th hour (which is crap)
RollerCoaster Tycoon
Soldier Of Fortune (which kicks ass)
blood1 (This is soo funny, flare guns r cool)
UFO (old but a classic)
Magic Pockets, speedball2 etc (used to have these on my atari)

Mega-Drive Roms (Genesis?)

All Sonics (including pinball and 3d)
Bomberman
Gunstar Heroes (Totally brilliant)
Alien 3
predator2
Micro machines (addictive, hard and frustrating all at the same time)
And about 30 others which I cant be arsed typing...

Neo-Geo Roms (stunning roms)

Metal slug (You *have* to get this!!!!!)
KoF '96
Samuri showdown (did I spell that right?)
Puzzle Bobble (very addictive, should be illegal!!)

Thats all of them!

deadnail? do you ever get withdrawel symptoms when you come away from you pc? Its a problem I tend to get when I'm away from my pc for a day or 2.

and yes life 'topside' sucks. Luckily I go to college where we sit and play on the internet all day!!

Dickhead is one word.

Gunstar Heroes is the best Genesis game, I know. I have 86 Genesis roms and that's the only one I play. Back in '93 I used to rent that damn game all the time!

I have Puzzle Bobble in several forms, even in the real world. You're right, it should be outlawed. :)

If you think that's friggin' addictive, do what I said and try F-Zero X while drunk. Ten minutes of that and you'll NEVER really get behind the wheel!

Metal Slug is FUCKING AWESOME. My God, wait until you get METAL SLUG 2. You'll need 64 megs of RAM to play it but DAMN it is SO MUCH BETTER. I KNOW IT'S DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE THAT IT COULD GET BETTER BUT IT IS!

Shock Troopers also kicks ass, as well as it's sequel.

I never get withdrawl symptoms from leaving my computer.

Topside life doesn't suck. The people in it suck.

Guest TossMonkey

You used to rent Gunstar Heroes? I could never get my sweaty unevolved hands on it. That is why I had to download it now!

I like f-zero but not as much as mario kart! try and play quake3 when you've had 4 vodkas!!! Its a total blast!

I think I'll download Metal Slug2 when I can find it..

I've played shock troopers but I dont like those types of games (perspective) maybe Its coz im crap at them...

Hmmm Maybe Im at my pc for too long!!

try living in england. Well in one of the towns anyway, it will make your life a misery. The countryside is nice though, and the seaside. The weather here is depressing. Anyway you dont need to be depressed because I am, so think happy thoughts!!