• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Intestinalworm

Part two of guns that kill in painful ways

Guest Intestinalworm

Microwave Pulse Rifle
this weapon condenses microwave energy into a solid projectile and launches it at high speed. If struck by this weapon a targets blood emidiatly begins to boil and pour out of it's eyes, ears, nose and mouth(were aplicable). After a few seconds the pressure caused from the boiling and evaporation of the blood will cause several if not all apendages to fly off in a gout of bloody foam and red mist. A few more seconds and the body bursts into flames and the intense heat in the core of the body causes it to explode, like in the end of "The Relic" wene Jean lights the Witney monster on fire and it chases her for a bit then explodes :). In conclusion this is a gun that leaves behind nothing but charred bones surrounded by flaming pools of blood. To make it more balanced (it is an instant kill-delayed area effecting weapon)it should shoot only slightly faster than a BFG, use slightly less cells and some demons should have resistance or immunity to heat attacks(they do live in hell).

You can't just compress microwaves into a solid. That's like saying I can form a solid block of light if I squeeze hard enough. Talk about a bloody weapon tho :-D

1) It won't shoot projectiles, that's like saying lasers behave like starwars blasters (which they don't, and starwars blasters don't use lasers anywayz).

*) Instead of compressing it, howabout building up a very powerful charge of immense proportions, and then shooting all the energy out in about 1/2 sec. Wuala - Insta Gibber (could easily replace bfg except for the "spray" attack).

But make it charge up for about 1 sec beforehand like the bfg does because of all the energy that needs to be charged (ouch!!!).

It would probably do more than just gib a human body - perhaps even vaporize it! (but not disintegrate it - bfg should do that, that's when they completly disappear:).

Guest Intestinalworm
Psyonisis said:

You can't just compress microwaves into a solid. That's like saying I can form a solid block of light if I squeeze hard enough. Talk about a bloody weapon tho :-D

Ok Ok it just makes the microwave energy visible so the Doom3 team could have fun making spectacular sfx for the gun.

Intestinalworm said:

Microwave Pulse Riflethis weapon condenses microwave energy into a solid projectile and launches it at high speed. If struck by this weapon a targets blood emidiatly begins to boil and pour out of i

dangit, i can never think of anything that other people havent thought of, AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Templar

Take a look at this page about this new gun they are making for real

http://www.beyond2000.com/news/Aug_00/story_737.html

The OICW is pretty well known. It seems to be a trend pointing towards weapons like they had in "Aliens" (m-41 pulse rifle is what it's name was I think). It too shot grenades and bullets.

It's not too much of a technological advancement though, just another stepping stone in efficiency (like the m-16 was over the old rifles of ww2).