Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

How about CIVILIANS in Doom3

Hey guys... What about Civilians hanging around in a complete state of shock. You would find civilians in some levels with their hands ripped off.... blood all over them. But still alive... That would rock. Or maybe you could use the "use"-button on them and then they would help you...

How about that?

Please reply and write about some other functions the civilians could have in the game...

As long as you don't lose health or the ability to complete levels if you kill them, sounds good.

So you are that kind of egoshooter psychopath serial killer who want´s to kill unarmed characters just for fun, Lüt? Shame on you! :p

--If there aren´t too many civilians and if they act fairly intelligent, it would be ok.

Guest Mariner

That Sounds Like HALF-LIFE

Guest mancuvus
Tetzlaff said:

So you are that kind of egoshooter psychopath serial killer who want´s to kill unarmed characters just for fun, Lüt? Shame on you! :p

--If there aren´t too many civilians and if they act fairly intelligent, it would be ok.

hey man i like to kill inocent people to

Guest Nuno Correia

Harmless NPC's such as tortured (alive) marines, including some who weren't fully transformed into zombies would be cool... A great addition to the game's plot.

Guest JudgeDooM

Yeah, good idea. I would say to them "go look what's around that corner" and if they're wiped out, I'll know I must prepare myself to fight a demon...

Or if you have to resolve a "mysterious and ancient puzzle" in an pld village, maybe there will be some old gran'pa who would say to you what you must do to open a thing, reveal a hidden area, etc. I hope there are grannys', so I can experiment the new weapons I find... >}

Tetzlaff said:

Uh, most of the enemies in doom were un-armed (hehe, you got killed by unarmed pussies!). Most had no guns, what made them deadly was thier own bodies!

A bear is un-armed but quite deadly because it is very strong and has gouging claws.

You cannot un-arm these minions (unless you blow their arms off!!!) so they are considered un-armed.

A human can be a deadly entity even when un-armed (like one of those martial-arts guys who know deathblows and stuff)

I didn´t talk about enemies with claws and big teeth, I just talked about unarmed civilians, friendly characters, innocent grandpas, whatever.

Guest acid one

You enter an empty room, with just some corpses lying on the ground, blood over all the place. so you make your way to the another door in the opposite side of the room. Then, you see some hanging corpses, and one of them is alive! He starts to scream and try to grab you, and cries for help. This was just what the demons on the other side of the door and from another rooms had to hear before they enter and fill the room, hissing and barking hellish to you....

THAT would be COOL...

Heheh, cool =)

Like, when you get close to him, he appears to be dead, but you turn away and THEN he starts screaming and tries to grab you =)

Tetzlaff said:

Yeah, basically... I remember that level in Dark Forces 2, Map05 I believe it was, with the town square and hordes of civilians you could shoot out of the way, that was fun :P

Of course that level 6 fortess was impossible, so I never got past that point. There was some place you were supposed to jump up into a ceiling vent from a lift or something but they placed the opening too far for it to work, so that pissed me off.

Guest Dismal
Mariner said:

That Sounds Like HALF-LIFE

Depends. The initial 'charm' of DOOM for me was that you were truly alone. Just you, everyone else was dead or worse... The isolation was part of the feel for me and believing you were the sole survivor.

Guest JudgeDooM

Couldn't agree more on that.

Dismal said:

Depends. The initial 'charm' of DOOM for me was that you were truly alone. Just you, everyone else was dead or worse... The isolation was part of the feel for me and believing you were the sole survivor.

You´re right, the isolation is essential to the Doom-feeling. But maybe it can have a few short episodes with some team action, and after that you would feel even more lost and lonely...

JudgeDooM said:

Couldn't agree more on that.

That's why I would love to see the first few levels with lots of friendly marines and team action, and after a while you go out on a solo project to find something or destroy someone and while youre gone, you come back to find your squad destroyed by your enemies, except maybe a few lone survivors, and then they end up later on as well. Now THAT would really make me feel alone:)