Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

<<<check this out>>>

How about this then... Wouldn't it be cool if you could hear your heartbeat when things get really exciting... Just like in that scene from "half-life".. You know, when the test fails and you blow things up... That was pretty scary. Oh yeah, make it a SICK game. Make it look so horrifying that even I would play it with my hair standing straight up.

It would also be cool that if you kill a creature his blood would fly around and it would land on YOU. So it would look like the screen will be covered with blood, Slowly dripping to the floor... And put Scripted scenes in the game... it will make you feel like you're in a scary movie...

Feel free to bring in new ideas...

John Romero please return to ID...

It's hard to make things REALLY scary....

Look at Twin Peaks. That's the scariest thing EVER!

Just dpn't make any schock effects ID, that sucks. Make it come crawling!

Guest spacedog

There was this game that came out about 15 years ago on the amstrad and spectrum, called "thanatos the dragon" and at the bottom of the screen where the energy bar should be was this beating heart, and whenever you exerted yourself by flying faster and whatnot the heart beat faster and you would have to rest every so often until you calmed down otherwise the poor dragon would have a heart attack and die
it was a very cool game

The screen covered with blood? No...that wouldn´t be very scary, just disturbing the view, and it´s also unrealistic, because you never see blood in this way when it is in your eyes. Or do you mean it´s on the spacemarines visor?
The heartbeat-thing is good if it´s only used in special situations, I would also like to hear deap breathes for the same reason.

Guest Tw199y

John Romero return to ID???

your joking right after his sad attempt at programing for Daikatana...

We need more big, scary monsters that move silently(I call them "Slow, crawling horrors") and sneak up on you in tight spaces.

When I first played doom 1 and got to e3m3. The scariest damn thing I saw was going down those stairs from that overlook (it's near the bfg and invulnerabiltiy) and that damn baron came out of nowhere and gouged my ass, I about pissed my pants! (but that was long ago in a land far far away).

Tw199y said:

John Romero return to ID???

your joking right after his sad attempt at programing for Daikatana...

But there is no reason to think that Romero would bring the bad aspects of Daikatana to Doom3! I think Romero played an important role in creating the original Doom series, and it´s sad that he has nothing to do with the new Doom. Can it really be Doom without Romero?