Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mariner

Doom ] I [ Ideas

Guest Mariner

Well i havent posted for a long time , ive been reading and i love the civilians post i think it would shake up Doom ] I [ a bit i also agree with most of the weapons and monster posts
i think that you guys have the greatest ideas
like dead nails has great suggestions

*But i think the marine aka Flyn Taggert (YOU)
needs a better texture and better uniform

*The Imp is to weak i think it would have a bit more horns
and maybe shoots 2 fireballs at once?

*I think Q3 bites dont you agree

*maybe some new sculptures and new landscapes
maybe a desert with a huge egyptian sculpture of a face
sitting in the middle of no where

*Maybe some corpses like how about dead marines on sticks
not civilians

*how about going into abandoned citys with food stands
and people in buildings shocked to death and they will help you(like from the CIVILIANS POST)

*Id like to see Sharks and maybe more water with aliens and tenticles

these are my posts please post back if u like my ideas

www.itsmysite.com/D2

I think its a pretty safe bet doom3 will be very different to the original 2 games :)

I definately agree about the city settings and the aquatic monsters. If the AI and scripting in done correctly, going into the water could be very frightening. He he... yes.

Guest Mariner
Teppic said:

I think its a pretty safe bet doom3 will be very different to the original 2 games :)

I know even better please post some enemys and weapon ideas ive been waiting

Guest Mariner
EllipsusD said:

I definately agree about the city settings and the aquatic monsters. If the AI and scripting in done correctly, going into the water could be very frightening. He he... yes.

Thank you for the compliment im a kid a very young kid and really do appreciate that compliment please give me some of your ideas

www.itsmysite.com/D2

The underwater monsters idea is great and quite original. There has only been a few other FPS games that even had underwater-based monsters - that's duke 3d (the sharks), hexen 2 (hydras), and quake 1 (rottfish). And those monsters were not very prevasive, they were minor parts of the game.

The neat thing about truely powerful underwater monsters is that you cannot outrun them, and they tend to attack visciously.

A big "deep rising" type monster (but smaller) would be a really good boss to run into with the "pick a path" idea suggested by deadnail (and yes I spelled it right, btw neato face). Maybe you end up going down into the sewer parts of the city and there's some kind of hydra-spawn and it's underwater minions down there waiting.

Guest Mariner

I agree i mostly like the boss idea and if you might no how do i add new monsters to make my own TC i dont know how to do that stuff im making a conversion and adding water with under water enemys

* Thanks Sir Galahad Wizard!

* One thing that always bugged me; would a marine wear olive drab uniforms on a red planet? The camoflage just doesn't seem to work too well that way, they should wear faded red uniforms.

* Double barrelled Imps? I think it'd be better if it just shot fireballs that flew twice as fast and had a real major kickback when they slam into you.

* Q3 bites, but it looks good as it does it.

* Doom64 did the Egyptian theme quite well. Snag it today!

* Doom had impaled marines, they'll probably be back.

* I doubt that the hot dog stand guy will still be doing his job when all Hell breaks loose literally. "Well, these gosh darn demons are everywhere, but SOMEONE is going to want a hot dog! Maybe him... whoops, dead. Oh well. I wonder if that demon would like YAIEEEEEE!!!" Screw that. That demon wants to eat me? Well, it's got to _CATCH_ME_ first! =)

* A lot of people don't want any swimming areas in Doom 3. If they're there I hope they're kept to a minimum. Water demons would be cool, like blue imps that swim like an alligator.

Good ideas. Keep 'em coming!

Guest Mariner

Thanks for the info i appreciate it

Guest Kaopectate

heh..I have the best doom 3 idea yet:

spell it like this: Doom ]|[ (that's right bracket, pipe, left bracket)

hahaha

deadnail said:

*Brown-Red camouflage (with black and deep red streaks)

*Howabout imps that try to do a jump-claw attack if your within 15 feet (like the fiend from quake, but different, the objective is to spin you around and if possible to knock your head off).
And their fireballs are sticky like napalm so that you take damage for a little while (about 5 sec, at about 4 damage/sec with continious hurting (screen frequently flickers red or whatever color)).

*Never did play Q3 (never ever, not even on someone else's comp !) so I can't put any mouth into the discussion about it.

*"Water minions", not imps, much more dangerous and no projectiles (they could continiously lob rocks when out of the water though). Maybe they could shoot poisonous spines underwater (lots of damage over a long period of time, need to continiously find powerups/health to stay alive, eventually wears off).

Ht-Pts should be about 240 per minion and they need to go *fast* (esp underwater). They are at war with the "standard" imps because of thier conflicting natures (fire vs. water).

*BTW: what's so bad about water huh?

-----
other ideas that just flashed through my head!

*explosions underwater effect a much larger area than normal (like 3-5x the diameter).

*Why do people keep forgetting about knockouts, your fists should not kill, but rather knock guys out so you can get past them. And maybe a spread-effect stunning weapon (splash damage that doesn't kill) for getting whole crowds of troopers and low-level monsters out of the way.

Guest Mariner

Hmmmm I like your Stun Idea Punching A Guy It Should Knock Him Out It Does In Perfect Dark

sirgalahadwizar said:

Ht-Pts should be about 240 per minion and they need to go *fast* (esp underwater). They are at war with the "standard" imps because of thier conflicting natures (fire vs. water).

Sweet idea!!!