Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmarg1

Hell Environment

Guest Dmarg1

Will Doom3 use different settings for hell, such as burning and skinwall themes, or will it use wood and iron construction, like Doom64? Personally, Dante's Divine Comedy id THE perfect version of hell. BTW, does hell even burn?

Personally, since my dad is a Reverend, I get the impression that Hell is supposed to be so absolutely terrifying and horrible that if you saw it right now you'd instantly die from shock and fear.

Of course iD might get in a little trouble if they kill us all off in a damn video game. ;)

Bah. Hell, Hell is just a word. For anyone who's been in a car accident does 'internal bleeding' just sum everything up nicely or would you like to add a constant stream of expletives to it?

Brimstone? Burning sulpher.

As for the fire, the flames "burn but do not consume", so you could be standing in them all day and not get actually burnt up at all... but you'd feel it all right.

So, for the environment... lots of fire. Lots of textures, rotted flesh, stone, wood, demonic symbols. Lots of people in cages or chained to the walls, trapped in the flames that burn but don't consume and they SCREAM constantly. Well, until you put a bullet in their head and let God judge them again.

One day of Hell and we would ALL feel true repentance for what sins we have comitted here. Except Jeremy.

Hey, I got one. How about for the 'invulnerability' item it's just a big cross on a chain? When the enemies see it they're too scared to attack you, or when you come close enough they fall to the ground in pain?

Guest Dmarg1

What do you think the sky in hell looks like, if it has one? Remember the sky in final doom and doom 2? It was made out of muscle. That's dumb in the purest sense of the word... Memento Mori 2...now that was a REAL hell sky!

Well, I'm probably going to be flamed on end for this... but I don't have Final Doom, I can't find it anywhere, and I've never played any of the Momento Mori series.

If given a link I'll glady try them out, though.

As for the Hell sky, I was quite impressed with how it looked in Doom64, gigantic towering pillars of flame. If nothing else, the sky in Doom 3 needs to be very animated. No sky is static.

I think the sky should be in constant motion. Like if Carmack were to program certain skys to be constantly shifting and bulging and stuff like that. This would look hella scary. Especially with the Doom 2 Hell sky. Oh and I dunno what that guy up there is talking about it's not muscle! Its like faces and stuff and red stuff. lol

You know, people say that that's what DOOM was about. Red fiery brimstone and scary gloominess. But it wasn't. Only episode 3 of DOOM, and Map28 was. That's it. If there's going to be rotting flesh, and screaming, tortured people and demonic symbols in the game, then I swear I'm not going to buy it. It's not exactly an enjoyable atmosphere.

Guest JudgeDooM
deadnail said:

Well, I'm probably going to be flamed on end for this... but I don't have Final Doom, I can't find it anywhere, and I've never played any of the Momento Mori series.

If given a link I'll glady try them out, though.

As for the Hell sky, I was quite impressed with how it looked in Doom64, gigantic towering pillars of flame. If nothing else, the sky in Doom 3 needs to be very animated. No sky is static.

Welcome to the club then. I think I should also be banned for not having Final DooM. I've downloaded it at id Software.com, but I must do now all that "call the agent, give him this password, then write the number he gives you back bla bla bla..."crap. And the game costs 40 dollars!
Fortunately I have two Ultmate DooM CDs (official version) and DooM II (CD too, official version), that would have pissed me to buy them like I must now for Final DooM.
I agree with you on the DooM 64 sky point. I have this game and I just love the animated sky, 'specially the firey one!
Hey, uh...do you play csDooM ?

What, you kidding?

csDoom on a 56k modem that never connects higher that 24kbps? Yeah, right. God damn I wish cable modems were available around here.