Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmarg1

Problem solved...

Guest Dmarg1

Ive heard a lot of this- "how can you put 35 polygonal enemies on screen at once without ruining the Doom expereince?" Well, ive been playing KISS:Psycho Circus and that HORDE technology is kick-ass! If Carmack liscences that shit from G.O.D Games, it would kick ass! There was 20 (thats not a typo!) enemies (Huge ones, too!) on screen at once! Way too much kick-ass, huh? Sorry.

Guest JudgeDooM

AAAAAARRRGHHH !!! KISS...
please don't mention them, don't speak of them, even if their game is a quake-like.
Have you played Serious Sam? It also displays several ennemies (and in full 3d please!). And, best of all, there are NO KISS !!!!

That was always my favorite thing about Doom: mowing down large crowds of enemies with powerful firearms. None of the Quake games have ever held the same place in my heart... Hell, I think Quake 3 is kept somewhere in my ass. Stupid game.

Anyhow, when you think of System Shock 2 one solid fact becomes painfully apparant. Quantity is NO SUBSTITUTE for quality! Tons of braindead walking targets don't provide half the challenge of a few creatures that are truly bent on their survival and your destruction.

Broussard has said some rather interesting things about how the bosses in Duke 4 are going to be. If you guys here are willing to playing something that, *gasp*, isn't Doom, then I recommend you give it a try when it comes out. Hopefully soon.

Anyways, Serious Sam really is fun, unfortunately it doesn't offer any new gameplay twists. The arsenal in the test release is *exactly* the same as the one in the demo of Doom except for the double barrelled shotgun and the akimbo revolvers.

Pistol
Shotgun
Machinegun
Rocket Launcher

Lots of enemies that walk towards you and shoot/claw.

Geez. There's also no 'use' button, and you activate everything by walking up to it like Quake. I'm sure that the final game will also have lots of jumping over lava pits.

Don't get me started about Kiss Psycho Circus.
•It's misnamed, there's no Goddamn Kiss in the game.
•The weapons are very poorly balanced.
•The levels are poorly designed, especially in the demo!
•The enemies are all tradmark McFarlane evil clowns. Suck.
•The music is pathetic.

Carmack wouldn't license such technology. He makes his own. Besides, the last thing he would do is borrow it from the LithTech engine anyways.

Broussard already licensed major LOD software into the Unreal Tournament engine for Duke4, so hopefully it'll have some serious crowd control too! But hey, if they've been working on the game for FOUR YEARS now without having to develop a new engine and licensing new technology to improve it, then it should REALLY kick ass. =)

Guest Heresiarch

Kiss: Psycho Circus's enemies looks stupid (arachclown, headless, fat lady...). And they doesn't just LOOK stupid, they ARE stupid. Monsters tries to walk through corners sometimes...

Kiss: The Nightmare Child pissed me off because there was no Kiss in the game.

Personally, I dislike the music of Kiss. Before my time.

However, you must respect the band for what they did for the industry. At their time they were really edgy and hardcore, and really pushed the limits.

You must also respect how they love their fans. They're STILL playing shows. Hell, people got MARRIED at their shows, and when they got onstage kiss would play the march song! Kiss loves their fans and that's why they still have fans.

What, you think anyone's going to still like Marylin Manson in twenty years? You think he's still going to be playing shows? You think he ever gave a damn about his fans? He openly admits to disliking his fans. Retarded fashion goth pukes.

The AI in the 'Kiss' game really does suck too. I'm glad I never bought it! :)

masterhassan said:

¿whats wrong with kiss?

Kiss Psycho Circus isn´t that bad, it has some funny and original ideas.
What I dont like about Kiss Psycho Circus is:

-Level architecture and texturing isn´t very good. Architecture lacks detail, it´s too plain and simple, to much repetition. Textures often look unrealistic, I dont want to see windows which are just painted on the wall and things like that.
-No weapon balance. This is an example of having some nice (and some very stupid) ideas for new and never seen before weapons, but they just didn´t managed to balance it. For example, this Zero Stinger is the only weapon with high rate of fire, but it isn´t very precise on long distance and also pretty weak. Some weapons like that little pink starlet are just damn stupid.
-Monsters are too repetitive. You meet the same monsters again and again. To kill billions of Headless crabs isn´t really fun, it´s just annoying. And they are stupid, as mentioned already.
-The gameplay is just oldfashioned. Kill mosnters, find keys, find secrets. Boring.

What I like about Kiss Psycho Circus:
-Freaky monsters! I always hated clowns and it´s fun to smash them :) Or that flying Ticklers (or how they call them), they have a frightening attaque style.
-Some interesting new weapons designs, like the rusty chained Flak Cannon or the Zero Stinger with his ice steam.
-I like the whole Kiss outfit for the player models and stuff like that.

Guest mancuvus
deadnail said:

Kiss: The Nightmare Child pissed me off because there was no Kiss in the game.

Personally, I dislike the music of Kiss. Before my time.

However, you must respect the band for what they did for the industry. At their time they were really edgy and hardcore, and really pushed the limits.

You must also respect how they love their fans. They're STILL playing shows. Hell, people got MARRIED at their shows, and when they got onstage kiss would play the march song! Kiss loves their fans and that's why they still have fans.

What, you think anyone's going to still like Marylin Manson in twenty years? You think he's still going to be playing shows? You think he ever gave a damn about his fans? He openly admits to disliking his fans. Retarded fashion goth pukes.

The AI in the 'Kiss' game really does suck too. I'm glad I never bought it! :)

i dont like that band either and i have never played the game, but one think i am sure is that if the game has a good engine that you can play against 20 anemies at once without having a bad gaming experience i really whant something like that in the game

deadnail said:

Anyhow, when you think of System Shock 2 one solid fact becomes painfully apparant. Quantity is NO SUBSTITUTE for quality! Tons of braindead walking targets don't provide half the challenge of a few creatures that are truly bent on their survival and your destruction.

That's what deathmatch games are for. IMO quantity has a quality all it's own. System Shock and System Shock 2, while excellent games, are not Doom, nor do they embody the spirit of it's arcade/action roots.