Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

FUCKING GREAT IDEAS ...

Hi guys…. I have posted this before, but i'm not getting enough reactions. So here it is again !!!

Helmet vision> It would be cool when you’d put on a helmet of some sort, you’d suddenly see everything like when you put your dad’s glasses on…

Night vision> What about nightvision? In dark places you can’t see sh*t. But with these goggles on you see everything in thermic vision. (Creatures would be green while his surroundings remain dark)…

Weather> It would be nice if the weather changed… How about some rain, thunder, lightning, or a level which is full of snow. That would change the level into a dramatic, depressing scene… Or some levels during NIGHT !!!
That is super-duper-scary !!!!!!

Black&White> See everything in B&W as an extra option… Pretty scary Like in the movies (Blair Witch Project, Schindler’s List.). It gave <<<These movies a dramatic, scary and depressing effect… I would like to see something like this as an extra option… Of course you wouldn’t set this is a standard option. Many people probably think this sucks…

Fire> It would be realistic if settings in the level could burn…

Stuff> When you kill some dude in most games, the body suddenly vanishes into thin air for no reason. If they could make the engine fast enough, i’d like to see empty gun-shells, dead body’s and stuff on the floor. When you come back it’s still there !!! that would be nice…

Intro> I thought of this many times… How about putting an extra cd into the box. With nothing on it, except The Soundtrack, and something like a 20 minute intro !!! I don’t know how they will succeed in doing this but it would be very nice… A very long intro takes you deeper into the game !!! It doesn’t even have to be high-quality movies, but maybe something like a dramatic, creepy story about the history. (First start with what the hell happened on phobos and earth, and then something about the NEW story…)

Lighting> When I first played half-life, I was scared to death. Part of that was caused by the light-settings… Flashing lights in a dark room are pretty scary I think… Maybe I shouldn’t even write about this… I think ID will take care of this allready…

Sounds> Sounds from behind you (something falling on the floor, a growl…), let you think that you’re being followed… When you look behind you, there’s nothing there………….. AAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhHHH !!!

Scripted Events> Just like Half-Life… Something like this… A UAC-marine, walking in front of you, suddenly grabbed by the legs… (Scary music starts to play) He screams and screams but suddenly disappears into the polluted water..… (Music suddenly stops with a loud bang !!)it gives me the shivers…

That’s enough for now…

Helmet Vision:
The screen gets distorted? WTF, is this a power-down?
"Damn, I died!"
"What happened?"
"Well, I was doing fine until my marine dropped his helmet for no reason and picked up some other guys and the visor was prescription so the screen looked like my dude was drunk and my aim sucked and that Baron got me."

Night Vision:
There's a rather large difference between night vision and thermal vision. Thermal vision, or infa-red, shows heat. Living bodies are red, fires are white, cold things are blue, and dead-cold things are black. Simple. Night vision actually amplifies all available light. It's green because green is the color that our eyes are most sensitive to and therefore is easier to see. Also, with any nightvision, if you point it at a light source you see white... in fact, if you look at a lightbulb it's like looking at the sun! Just TRY wearing Night Vision during the day. Just TRY it. :)

Weather:
Isn't this a given? If nothing else, I want some damn rain! It really bugged me that in UT the only level with rain was CTF_Dreary... rain is awesome. It's the only weather I can stand.

Black & White:
Sure, like when looking through the security camera at a shitty little 7-Eleven store. This wouldn't make sense on the Mars base, after all, that would be 100% top of the line centuries from now.

Fire:
Hmm, fire is nice. But would it be just static detail like most games or would it really devour the level?

Stuff:
This really doesn't depend on the speed of the engine, it's more dependant on the amount of RAM on the system. There's a mutator for UT that lets you keep all of this stuff on. It gets *REALLY* messy after a lengthy deathmatch! =)

2nd Intro Disc:
Sounds like a spiffy idea to me, but if they go DVD instead then they've got 2.8 gigs over 700 megs to play with. :)

Lighting:
You're right, iD will take care of it.

Sounds:
For the first time ever iD has a guy dedicated to the sound engine so I wouldn't worry at all.

Scripted Events:
Ah yes, great aren't they? Remember the scene in Half-Life, half way through the chapter "Power Up", when you were climbing the stairwell over a bubbling pool of radioactive waste? Remember the little room with the soldier being dragged into a hole in the wall, his leg splaying and cracking over his back so he'd fit? Yes, scenes like this add IMMENSIVELY to the immersive quality of the game!

That's enough for now:
The Hell it is, boy, you're just getting warmed up. Unleash another page in this thread and give us some more of what you'd like to see in Doom 3. Here's a hint, try to not think of stuff that's already been in games but stuff that hasn't been done yet... things YOU'D like to see.

Guest mancuvus

i think that of the sounds are good, imagine a place in silence you can hear only your breath and your steps then suddenly, you hear something, behind ya, and there is nothing, some times it could me something like door opening or even an enemy