Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pming

Hellstorm TC?

Hiya.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get in touch with the "guy" who was doing the now defunct "Hellstorm" TC. His email address is d.o.a. I'm not sure if I'm interested in taking over the whole project, but I wouldn't mind seeing what did get done and then screwing around with it. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Man! I posted the same thing up on the forums not too long ago!I also tried contacting them via e-mail and it keeps coming back to me with error messages on it.It looked like it could have been a great project if it had been finished.I would love it if someone took over it and finish it.Hmmmmm.....how about you and I take hold of the project, keep the same story,and make it all over from scratch? I am really good at level designing.Been workin' with doom maps for 3+ years.Also I'm not the type of guy who walks away from a project!
What do you say?

It looked so cool, why wouldn't someone want to revive it?

Hiya.

I thought that Hellstorm had potential. Mostly DOOM, but with some "paranormal and quasi-mystical" elements thrown in (moreso than the simple backdrop it got in regular DOOM).

As I said, I wouldn't mind screwing around with it. I don't know if I could handle a full TC (technically, I think I could, but not sure if I want to). Now, a PC I might be able to go for. New levels, textures, maybe some new music or a few new sounds, and possibly a new monster or modify an existing one. But a full TC, with everything changed...I don't know...

I would *love* to be able to get in touch with the guy to find out what's up, but who knows what happened to him/them? Did he move out of the country? Give up computers? Die? Was he abducted by lesbian nazi biker chicks and forced into weightloss programs? *shrug* I guess we'll never know...

Anyway, here's my email mustafa (if you wanna talk): pmingNO11@hotmailSPAM.com. Just remove the "NO" and "SPAM" and you have it. ;)

Hiya.
Just browsing the forums and I came upong a thread from "skadoomer" (IIRC). Appearantly he's the guy in charge of Hellstorm. Here's the thread:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9026

(if that doesn't work, it's under the "mods..." forum).

Basically, he's going to shut it down completely if he doesn't get some maps and whatnot to proove that people are interested. I'm going to get started on one map right now (using JDOOM without fancy XG scripting...in case JDOOM isn't the port and all that).

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Since he is giving us total freedom to do whatever we like with the project,I guess you really don't have to make it a total tc.I would just keep the same name and change the storyline bit around.Well.....I guess I can make a wad too!

yay, somebody DOES care about hellstorm. I sent back E-mails to those who replied to me so whoever "wants" the project can take it. Except i don't have the info to change the web page, or any resources, or much of anything else hellstorm related.

I think I still have the Hellstorm texture .wad . I haven't got any of the sprites though.

I don't think collin (origional creator) made any sprites asid the ones on the webpage. I've been buggin him for monts to give me the wad and still i havn't had any sucess.

Hiya.

Well, I'm not an expert 2D artist, but I know my 3D. :) If Mustafa and I "grab it", I think I'd opt for using a port like ZDOOMGL or JDOOM, and use .md2's for the sprites and whatnot. :)

The texture was would sure help though. I'm using the GothicDM texture wad for my Hellstorm level(s) right now (of course, with credit to the makers of said wad).

Mustafa: So, wanna grab the Hellstorm TC and see what we can do with it? Email me (pming11NO@SPAMhotmail.com remove the NO and SPAM of course).

Hiya.

So, skadoomer, is the Hellstorm TC still "up for grabs"? If so, I'll take it. I have two others "online" to help out, and another to handle the web stuff and possibly some textures. I am interested; probably turn it into a PC and use ZDOOMGL as a port (maybe...*maybe*...use JDOOM; it looks a LOT better than ZDOOMGL, but ZDOOM has all those cool scripting goodies! :) ).

Anyway, if it's still available, drop me a line: pming11@hotmail.com

^_^

Paul L. Ming

pming said:

(maybe...*maybe*...use JDOOM; it looks a LOT better than ZDOOMGL, but ZDOOM has all those cool scripting goodies! :) ).

Maybe the current version of ZDoomGL, but hopefully the next version (supposedly coming soon) will change your mind ;)

Hiya.

Well, I hope the next ZDOOMGL kicks ass in the visual's department. :) I like the "soft" feel of the lights in JDOOM; I don't like the "harsh" feel of the lights/flares in ZDOOMGL. JDOOM also uses GLBSP...which probably accounts for it's superior lighting/look.

I'm looking forward to the new ZDOOMGL; if it looks as good as JDOOM (and uses GLBSP), then I'll go with ZDOOMGL, no question. :)

skadoomer: still waiting to hear from you man. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

skadoomer: still waiting to hear from you man. :)

Yeah pming....were gonna have to scream real loud in order for skadoomer to hear us!

Hiya.

Well, seems I'm not getting through to skadoomer. :( Although he did say:

"yay, somebody DOES care about hellstorm. I sent back E-mails to those who replied to me so whoever "wants" the project can take it. Except i don't have the info to change the web page, or any resources, or much of anything else hellstorm related."

Well, *I WANT IT!*. ;) I emailed him, and havn't heard back an official "Ok, it's yours"...hence my reluctance to really start working on it. (hate to spend hours and hours and hours on it, and then find out 'Naaa...you can't have it. I gave it to Billy-Bob-Boy' ;)

Anyone have suggestions on what I should do? Should I just assume "it's mine" and move forward? Or should I keep plugging away, trying to reach skadoomer to get an official "A-OK"?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

pming said:

Hiya.

So, skadoomer, is the Hellstorm TC still "up for grabs"? If so, I'll take it. I have two others "online" to help out, and another to handle the web stuff and possibly some textures. I am interested; probably turn it into a PC and use ZDOOMGL as a port (maybe...*maybe*...use JDOOM; it looks a LOT better than ZDOOMGL, but ZDOOM has all those cool scripting goodies! :) ).

Anyway, if it's still available, drop me a line: pming11@hotmail.com

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Mmm... I'm not totally dead to the world, either, and I'm the other guy in charge of Hellstorm. (I haven't posted in so fucking long it's not funny, but that's because of assorted people who seem to have finally left.)

Hellstorm's currently on hold, not dead; it's waiting for EDGE 1.28 to come out (the HUD DDF code needs to be written, definitely, before Hellstorm comes out); and any help would, of course, be vastly appreciated.

E-mail me at mdenham@coinet.com for details - I'll help as much as I can. I'm not about to pass it on, since the potential I see in it is... well... vast. :-)

Hiya.

So you're the "other guy", huh? Fair enough.

I agree with you, Hellstorm has some nice potential. (and quite a few other's agree).

I'm going to have to pass on the "helping out"...because you seem set on EDGE. I just re-downloaded and tried EDGE, and I still don't like the look/feel of it. Maybe one day it will pass my every-so-high requierments! ;)

Good luck on it though! Looking forward to it. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming