Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WarheartDoom

But What About The System Requirements?

Guest WarheartDoom

Does anyone know about the system requirements for Doom III? I don't have a computer powerful enough to play all of the newest games with full or even good graphs... Will this game be as heavy to the computer as Quake III, do you have any idea? But, i've gotta get this game, might as well buy a new computer for it...
Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.
By the way, Half-Life sucks

Firstable Halflife doesn't suck! It's the best game ever made!
Secondable the system requirments will be as follow:
Pentium 3 800mhz
128mb ram
Geforce 2 GTS
Those are the miminum system requirments!
Bear in mind that they will change many times until the game is released!
So I recommend u to buy a new computer!

Guest WarheartDoom

Roooger, but why doesn't it suck? Tell me. And please don't say "Its so cool when the scientist gets killed in there blah blah", say something real. HL didn't have the same excitement and fear feeling as the Dooms. It... it just didn't have the thing. Yeah, i probably have to buy a new computer, but theres another question: When will it be ready? When it's ready eh? Has id given us any dates? (I'm too stupid to check it out myself)

I wouldn't hold your breath for Doom 3. I'm guessing it's a fall 2002 release, any sooner would sound rushed to me. Who knows? It might be 2004. Then again, it just might be 2001. No one knows, and no one will know until the demo-test is released. =)

Half-Life is, without any shred of a doubt, the most impressive First Person Shooter I have ever played, and yes, I do have System Shock 2. Why is it so great, you ask?
• Excellent use of graphics, all based around the Voodoo 2.
• Excellent level architecture.
• Excellent level flow and game play area design.
• Excellent weapon design and functionality. Very balanced as well.
• Excellent audio that suits the game perfectly. EAX ROCKS. =)
• Excellent enemy design, with realistic actions and animations.
• Excellent enemy AI, I still remember the first time I was flanked.
• Excellent warehouse level. FPS games are all about the crates.
• Excellent storyline. For a FPS, it actually HAD one! Wow.

On top of all that, the final boss was actually a challenge. That's pretty rare to find. Well, why don't you tell me why you hate it so much?

WarheartDoom said:

Roooger, but why doesn't it suck? Tell me. And please don't say "Its so cool when the scientist gets killed in there blah blah", say something real. HL didn't have the same excitement and fear feeling as the Dooms. It... it just didn't have the thing. Yeah, i probably have to buy a new computer, but theres another question: When will it be ready? When it's ready eh? Has id given us any dates? (I'm too stupid to check it out myself)

1)NO ID hasn't given any dates regarding Doom 3 so expect it somewhere betweeen 2002-2004.
2)Halflife is the best game ever!
Reasons:
1)The AI is the best EVER! The first time I had a fight with Marines and I hided behind a crate and suddenly a grenade was near me and boom!!! I was SHOCKED!!! The Soldiers are acting like REAL SOLDIERS! (throwing grenades,hiding from them,communicating on radio etc...).
2)The balance of the weapons is the best I've seen yet!
3)The sound is just SCARY u never know what will be next! (I was in the darkness once and I turned on the flashlight and there was a creature that finished me in a second!!! VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!
4)The controls are very easy to set and the interface is very ease to use.
5)While the graphics engine is dated it provides enough power for this game.
6)THE STORY!! THE BEST STORY I'VE YET TO SEE!!!! Unexpected twists at every turn!! THE SCRIPTED SCENES ARE JUST INCREDUBLE!!! U never know what to expect!!!!
7)Exellent Level design that suits the game perfectly!!
I can go on and on!
Halflife is an INCREDUBLE EXPIRIENCE THAT NO ONE SHOULD MISS!!!

Hail to you!! Half-Life isn´t a bad game, but there are too many stupid things in that game. I don´t know how people can say "Half-Life raised the FPS genre into new standards"

About the specs, try with a P3 700 or higher, 256 RAM minimum and any not-so-old graphic card that support pixel shaders, T&L, AGP4X (like a GF2GTS or superior)

You´d better start collecting some money. Upgrade inminent around 2002

Dima said:

A liked HL. Period. But it wasn´t anything revolutionary :

1) The AI? everything that marveled you was scripted. Have you ever tried to do some editing for that game? The first tutorial that came in WorldCraft 3.0, for example, was you agaisnt 4 marines, and you only had your pistol. It was piece of cake. To make them "feel" real, you have to make all those vertex-based paths and such. The aliens were very stupid, the big ones just stay there and shoot homing mosquitoes, no wonder there were hard!! The only enemy really difficult was the Assassin, but hey, they jumped 4x times, twice your speed and had partial invisibility.
2) The balance? Stupid tau & gluon cannon, horrible insects and the big larva-thing. They ruined the game.
3) Good point, sound was good.
4) So? every FPS has the same controls.
5) You´re right, but it lacked in power to control high number of decals and the textures were very small.
6) Yes, it was a nice story, one of the best final cutscenes i ever saw.
7) No, no. Crappy labs, stupid warehouses full of crates. The stupid train thing, the horrible Xen. The only place i enjoyed was the first levels (the black mesa visitors train and the complex were you would work)

Guest WarheartDoom

I pretty much agree to Zaldron's review of HL. You seem to be a nice guy... Looks like the world's not full of bastards!

System requirements? Whatever they are, I don't have it. If I go out and buy a new Pentium 3 with a 1 Gig processor and a brand new graphics card and 256 Megs of RAM, they'll just make the system requirements even higher, just so I won't be able to play it. That's how the entire computer game industry works; they check out my computer, and make sure that all the new games are too graphics-intensive to run them on my computer. The only way I'll ever get to play DOOM 3 is to wait several years when I get a computer that will play it, and then the industry will raise the system requirements on all games again.

Guest JudgeDooM
Dima said:

Firstable Halflife doesn't suck! It's the best game ever made!
Secondable the system requirments will be as follow:
Pentium 3 800mhz
128mb ram
Geforce 2 GTS
Those are the miminum system requirments!
Bear in mind that they will change many times until the game is released!
So I recommend u to buy a new computer!

that'll be ok
I have a PIII 800 with 192 megs of RAM (but I think I'll update them to 320 megs ) and I'll have a GeForce 2 Ultra (it's the improved version of the GF 2GTS).

Who knows?
Maybe it will be ok with all options off set to the minimum at 640x480!
Carmack clearly said that even today's fastest 3d cards (geforce 2 Ultra) will have to run at fairly low resolution to get ok framerates but they will still have to drop a feature or 2 and even after that they won't be able to get even near 60fps!!
So start saving another bunch of money and upgrade close to the release of Doom 3 as will I!

Guest JudgeDooM

I don't know if I will upgrade 'cos I made it just now. I just have to buy a GeForce, a 19'' monitor and I think the RAM will help (like it did for Quake 3)

Guest JudgeDooM

And if DooM 3 will suck (like Daikatana), I will not spend a lot of money again. But there's a chance that D3 will not suck 'cos it's not made by Ion Storm :)
This Romero is a looser, He was already dead when he left Id!

Guest Heresiarch
deadnail said:

Greetings to you Warheartdoom.

Mä epäilisin jotain 250 megahertzin pintaan ja voodoo korttia...

I think maybe about 250 mhz and voodoo card...

Guest Heresiarch

I don't know about Halflife...not good and not bad...

I like to play Baldur's gate 2 and Ultima online.