Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Studly

Lut is an idiot....

Guest Studly

for 1 thing the matrix is probably 1 of the best films ever made and it took them about 2 yrs. 2 make i believe. Dark city wasnt 2 bad but it isnt a movie i would say is memorable, the movie was a little twisted i think.Dark Star is the only thing i can agree with you on, it is 1 of the funniest movies i've ever seen. That balloon alien takes the cake.If they can make MK into a good movie i dont c y Doom couldnt b 1. I dont c Spielberg doing this though, it just isnt his type of movie 2 work on unless its changed alot.

The best movie of all time is Brave Heart.

Who is Lut? I know Lüt. Dunno about this Lut guy but Lüt is cool :P

Studly said:

for 1 thing the matrix is probably 1 of the best films ever made

I suppose after watching an evening of Dawson's Creek and Sabrina The Teenage Witch, The Matrix might be a refreshing change, but it's just about as badly done as those shows. You have to admit there were almost no aspects of that movie which couldn't be totally ripped apart, it was that cheesy. I'm not saying it couldn't have been a good movie; in fact, I think if the right people had carried it out, it could have been over 4 hours long without being the slightest bit boring.

Dark city wasnt 2 bad but it isnt a movie i would say is memorable, the movie was a little twisted i think.

Dark City is one of those ones where, if you don't pay very close attention, half the movie will go right over your head. Usually people who like The Matrix and those other teen shows don't see much in that movie.

Dark Star is the only thing i can agree with you on, it is 1 of the funniest movies i've ever seen. That balloon alien takes the cake.

I think the elevator scene is quite a masterpiece too :) I love those extra 15 minutes of footage at the end, where the guy says "notice how these scenes neither add to nor take away from the overall plot of the movie".

If they can make MK into a good movie i dont c y Doom couldnt b 1. I dont c Spielberg doing this though, it just isnt his type of movie 2 work on unless its changed alot.

It *could* be a Spielberg movie, after all he did Saving Private Ryan (I think he did? I can't remember) and that one had a good amount of violence and guts, plus Doom is something about the survival of the human spirit and the will to live, I'm sure he could work with that.

The best movie of all time is Brave Heart.

Are you Eric Stephens?

The Matrix had great special FX, some cool looking costumes and some reasonably good scenery. A _few_ of the actors were actually quite good, but the rest just seemed too over the top. The plot was just way too cliched; we've seen it all before.

Starship Troopers was a very cheesy film, almost B movie-ish. The special effects were pretty poor, although the news flash things they had throughout the film were hilarious. Nice tits too =p

I'm not saying that cheesy films can't be good. Look at the Scream trilogy, they were both pretty funny and occassionally scary too, especially the third one (the bit at the end in the mansion where everyone keeps splitting up is one of the most unintentional funniest things I've ever seen)

The best film ever made in my opinion has to be Event Horizon. I've always been a huge fan of horror films where the fear is most psychological rather than physical (see also Cube), and this film takes that to the extreme. The sets are extremely dark and moody with subtle religious undertones, there's only one over-the-top actor (the black guy who does repairs and stuff), and best of all no cheesy love story. Also, the way the fears of each individual are explored is masterfully done.

If a Doom film is made, two things MUST be kept in mind:

1) The game, not the damned novels. I've said it before, I'll say it again: they suck, and they are NOT Doom. Even Carmack and Romero agree with me.

2) No damned Arnold Schwarzenneger. If he is signed I may just have to go and kill hm.

NiGHTMARE said:

The Matrix had great special FX

Hrm, those are the points I thought were the cheesiest. The elevator explosion comes to mind; that freakin' door. The guy exploding in the end too. And the sets, they are either crappy run-down building or totally over-done computer-generated scenes. Never a good balance of anything in that movie.

The best film ever made in my opinion has to be Event Horizon.

I LOVE YOU!!!

Have you ever freeze-framed the finale point when Weir and Miller are in the core room and he goes "Hell is only a word; reality is much, much worse... LET ME SHOW YOU!"? After that about 30 images flash by in a matter of 4 or 5 seconds, if you can freeze those - heh, be sure you haven't recently eaten (Chief will verify that one ;))

Oh, I have those 31 JPGs in a .ZIP, of course ;)

If a Doom film is made, two things MUST be kept in mind:

1) The game, not the damned novels. I've said it before, I'll say it again: they suck, and they are NOT Doom. Even Carmack and Romero agree with me.

2) No damned Arnold Schwarzenneger. If he is signed I may just have to go and kill him.

I didn't think the novels were all too bad, I kinda liked the part in #2 with the train. They're nice if you have a really active imagination. 'Course I haven't read them in about 4 years so they may be worse than I remember (I was very easily impressed back then.) If it was only based on the game, I don't think they would have more than 5-10 minutes of plot, and you know that kind of script will get no funding at all :(

NiGHTMARE said:

HEHEH!

Scream was scary?

MAN, the Scream movies are some of the most POOR, stupid and boring movies i have EVER seen man!!!

Watch Twin Peaks, and explore scaryness!

Guest Heresiarch
masterhassan said:

did you just say brave heart was the best movie ever? im sorry but i believe that was STAR WARS: return of the jedi

I know only myself...

Deep raising...good.

By the way, I heard about SiN the movie...

Stphrz said:

Who is Lut? I know Lüt. Dunno about this Lut guy but Lüt is cool :P

Stphrz. Oh the hell with it. Nevermind. Carry on :|

Guest Studly
NiGHTMARE said:

hehe, u know whats funny, i use the name Event-Horizon as a handle in Q2 or Q3A. I thought that movie was probably 1 of the scariest movies i've seen in a while. All the other movies like scream or i know what you did last summer. Those movies were entertaining but not scary at all. There were a few cheesy parts in in Matrix like at the end with the explosion of the agent but besides that the movie was excellent.

you know what? i can c Arnold doing the part of the movie in doom2. Who else can do the part of that? How about Bruce Willis? He would do a pretty good job i think.

1 thing that was really chessy about Starship troopers was just the name it self, when i saw the commercial and herd that name i thought this was gonna suck.

I read 1 of those doom comics and i laughed my ass off it was so bad.

Guest Studly
Shaviro said:

HEHEH!

Scream was scary?

MAN, the Scream movies are some of the most POOR, stupid and boring movies i have EVER seen man!!!

Watch Twin Peaks, and explore scaryness!

Half-life is an excellent single player game. Soldier of fortune should b an easy choice they want 2 ban it its so violent, how can u go wrong with that.

Heresiarch said:

By the way, I heard about SiN the movie...

Yeah, they made an anime of SiN, so it should be pretty good, none of this live action crap.

NiGHTMARE said:

Am I one of the only people who understood that Starship Troopers was supposed to be cheesy... or maybe I just tell myself that as an excuse... anyway, if you read the book that the movie is based on (loosely, I might add), the story is about Rico and Carmen, and has the war as a background. It was never meant to be action, so, in that respect, the movie was a flop. And the newsbriefs were there to make fun of 50's WW2 propaganda, and I agree that at least that was good.

Lüt said:

Event Horizon is great. It is one of the few pinnacles of horror movies in the 90's. Proof that they can get away with the violence in a Doom movie.

Studly said:

Half-life is an excellent single player game. Soldier of fortune should b an easy choice they want 2 ban it its so violent, how can u go wrong with that.

What, who, me?

EllipsusD said:

Event Horizon is great. It is one of the few pinnacles of horror movies in the 90's. Proof that they can get away with the violence in a Doom movie.

Oh, just offhand, weird fact about Event Horizon: Did you know that about 30-40 minutes of footage got cut from it's final release? It was originally supposed to have the background on Dr. Weir (about his wife and family crisis and stuff) and a lot more happening on the ship (notice how fast they count the hours of air left?), along with Capt. Miller's visit to hell with Weir and the final reports from the surviving crew members.

God I wish they'd release that stuff! I heard it made it to a very rare limited laserdisc edition.